Author Topic: Neil DeGrasse Tyson's Absurd Rant on Gender Identity  (Read 397 times)

Offline Kamaji

Neil DeGrasse Tyson's Absurd Rant on Gender Identity
« on: August 02, 2023, 12:22:03 pm »
Neil DeGrasse Tyson's Absurd Rant on Gender Identity Reveals the Intellectual Atrophy of Academia

By Jeff Charles
August 01, 2023

It will never cease to amaze me how brilliant minds can believe some of the most skull-hammeringly stupid ideas ever concocted. A video featuring famed astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson has been circulating on social media. It shows an interview between himself and ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith, in which the scientist waxes anything but eloquent on gender and sex.

Warning: The following video is so asinine that you might lose a couple of IQ points just from watching it.

The video starts with Tyson arguing that “the XX/XY chromosomes are insufficient. Because when we wake up in the morning, we exaggerate whatever feature we want to portray the gender of our choice.”

For some reason, Tyson then points out that the United States “was a land where we have the pursuit of happiness” and goes on to explain:

Suppose no matter my chromosomes, today I feel 80 percent female, 20 percent male. I’m going to put on makeup. I’m going to do this. Tomorrow, I might feel 80 percent male.

Remove the makeup and I’ll wear a muscle shirt. Why do you care? What business is it of yours to require that I fulfill your inability to think of gender on a spectrum?

https://twitter.com/jeffcharlesjr/status/1686496836444368896

In the video going around on Twitter, detransitioner Chloe Cole intersperses her commentary with Tyson’s, pointing out the absurdity of his comments.

“How about we stop confusing basic human biology with cosmetics,” she said. “Like, what a weird jump. I don’t wear makeup most days. If I leave the house without makeup on, does that make me like 70 percent male?”

Cole continued: “If it was only truly about aesthetics, nobody would care. It’s my business because you’re using 1950s gender stereotypes to justify an ideology that leads to the sterilization and mastectomies of 15-year-old girls who just don’t fit in … girls like me.”

Author and journalist Malcolm Muggeridge, when writing on the destruction of the 20th-century Western man, noted how our higher learning institutions have only served to dumb down the masses – especially the elites. In his book, “The End of Christendom,” he noted how the Western world is gradually bringing about its own destruction:

Source:  https://redstate.com/jeffc/2023/08/01/neil-degrasse-tysons-absurd-rant-on-gender-identity-reveals-the-intellectual-atrophy-of-academia-n786054

Offline mountaineer

Re: Neil DeGrasse Tyson's Absurd Rant on Gender Identity
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 01:24:22 pm »
Cole continued: “If it was only truly about aesthetics, nobody would care. It’s my business because you’re using 1950s gender stereotypes to justify an ideology that leads to the sterilization and mastectomies of 15-year-old girls who just don’t fit in … girls like me.”
Exactly. If Tyson, Mulvaney or any other male truly believes he's female, then isn't he female no matter what organs and genitalia his body contains? It's all how you identify, isn't it? It's how you feel today, isn't it?

As others have observed, if the genitalia noted at the time of birth ("Congratulations, it's a boy!"), with which you entered this world, doesn't define your "gender," then how does surgical mutilation/amputation of that genitalia - or breasts, in the case of a female - actually change anything?

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 04:52:50 pm »
Tyson proves that many people can be very intelligent, act normal most of the time, but still say and do insane/crazy things.
If some person believes that they can actually be "gender fluid" i.e. change their sex whenever they feel like it, they have a mental problem. In a negative way.
It's the old saw from George Orwell about something being so absurd only an intellectual would believe it.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 05:55:25 pm »
I'll go further: Tyson is the poster boy for the results of affirmative action. Unqualified social promotion leads to incompetent people in positions of influence.

But he was on TV and is an astrophysicist so he must be smart, right?
 ////00000////
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2023, 06:03:41 pm »
You're talking out Uranus, Neil.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2023, 06:05:16 pm »
There was something about the guy that always struct me as a "poser".
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DB

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2023, 06:09:02 pm »
There was something about the guy that always struct me as a "poser".

The stupid?

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2023, 06:45:11 pm »
The stupid?
Tyson isn't stupid. He is a confirmed liberal. Liberals can be intelligent in some areas and not very bright in others. For the most part they lack common sense.
Tyson has been propped up by all the liberals as being super smart on the basis of him being a black scientist.
If he were white, we wouldn't be talking about him. He'd just be another white scientist with weird opinions about things he knows little about.
That's the thing about many intellectuals and professionals...they think that because they know a lot about something, they know everything. They don't.
It's why you read so many stories about small airplane crashes involving doctors.
"I'm a doctor....therefore, I'm an excellent airplane pilot." Not necessarily.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2023, 07:13:27 pm »
Tyson isn't stupid. He is a confirmed liberal. Liberals can be intelligent in some areas and not very bright in others. For the most part they lack common sense.
Tyson has been propped up by all the liberals as being super smart on the basis of him being a black scientist.
If he were white, we wouldn't be talking about him. He'd just be another white scientist with weird opinions about things he knows little about.
That's the thing about many intellectuals and professionals...they think that because they know a lot about something, they know everything. They don't.
It's why you read so many stories about small airplane crashes involving doctors.
"I'm a doctor....therefore, I'm an excellent airplane pilot." Not necessarily.

:thumbsup:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2023, 09:55:21 pm »
You're talking out Uranus, Neil.
At least that's something both males and females have.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline berdie

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2023, 10:29:48 pm »
At least that's something both males and females have.

*chuckle* Your sense of humor cracks me up. :laugh: