Author Topic: Why a kinder, gentler Trump cannot exist  (Read 467 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why a kinder, gentler Trump cannot exist
« on: August 02, 2023, 03:05:06 pm »
August 2, 2023
Why a kinder, gentler Trump cannot exist
By Gerald McGlothlin

Donald Trump, the charismatic and controversial figure who has sparked countless debates, remains a subject of fascination and critique among both his ardent supporters and fierce detractors.  While some find themselves reluctantly agreeing with his strategic direction despite their disapproval of his demeanor, others despise not only his policies, but also his character.

Trump, known for his unapologetic defiance of conventional political decorum, astutely recognizes the dilemma faced by many: "Why can't I control my personality?"  This rhetorical question hints at a paradox that eludes his critics.  After all, Trump's combative nature is undeniably integral to his effectiveness.

Renowned political analyst Dick Morris aptly captures the essence of Trump's rise to power, describing it as nothing less than a "hostile takeover of the Republican Party."  While this description may unsettle the established order, its undeniable effectiveness cannot be ignored.  Trump is not a man of appeasement or surrender, but one driven by action and assertiveness.  When confronted by figures like Senator Bob Corker and Jeff Flake, their political careers swiftly dwindled.  For Trump, it was not personal animosity, but a passionate defense of American greatness.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/08/why_a_kinder_gentler_trump_cannot_exist.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Why a kinder, gentler Trump cannot exist
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 03:10:45 pm »
Donald Trump is who he is.  He does not have the self-discipline to be anyone or anything else than himself.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 03:43:52 pm »
As much as I despise Tumpy, I think I will enjoy 4 years of him getting revenge.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 07:15:59 pm »
As much as I despise Tumpy, I think I will enjoy 4 years of him getting revenge.
I just don't see, even if he is elected there is that huge morass of swamp dwellers that he really didn't have much success with his vaunted draining first time around. And yet he is supposed to be more successful and get revenge? Even if he is fortunate enough to have a majority in one house so what? he was unable to get much done that lasted when he had a majority for two years in both houses by working with them to pass laws. Trump is just like certain employees I wrote reviews on where their main weakness was 'Does not work well with others', Trump is not a team player he's a showboat(Ok attention Whore) and really only cares about the attention he gets, and that attention needs not be positive because he is just as happy with negartive attention.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2023, 07:16:59 pm »
I just don't see, even if he is elected there is that huge morass of swamp dwellers that he really didn't have much success with his vaunted draining first time around. And yet he is supposed to be more successful and get revenge? Even if he is fortunate enough to have a majority in one house so what? he was unable to get much done that lasted when he had a majority for two years in both houses by working with them to pass laws. Trump is just like certain employees I wrote reviews on where their main weakness was 'Does not work well with others', Trump is not a team player he's a showboat(Ok attention Whore) and really only cares about the attention he gets, and that attention needs not be positive because he is just as happy with negartive attention.

:thumbsup:

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2023, 07:30:03 pm »

Nothing incorrect in your assessment.  Still.....   if he is re-elected, there is a signifcant presence in DC who have political blood on their hands in their desire to destroy him.    If there is one overiding trait of Trump, it is he is among the most vindicitive of the vindictive.

He will hell bent on revenge.  Get your popcorn poppers warmed up. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2023, 07:54:02 pm »

The problem with that then the opposition after four years will have their chance to get revenge on their detractors and so on and so on

We need serious, reform minded conservatives that believe in the concept of fiscal discipline and limited government. Without that, there is no chance of improvement.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2023, 08:01:05 pm »
The problem with that then the opposition after four years will have their chance to get revenge on their detractors and so on and so on

We need serious, reform minded conservatives that believe in the concept of fiscal discipline and limited government. Without that, there is no chance of improvement.

No argument in concept, exceot I don't think this thing is fixable "as-is"

Offline DB

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2023, 08:16:45 pm »

That "revenge" will cost four more years of our lives in yet more failure. He has no idea how to organize people who are not his employees to get something done as well evidenced over his last time around. Our future as a country far outweighs Trump's revenge.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2023, 08:24:03 pm »
That "revenge" will cost four more years of our lives in yet more failure. He has no idea how to organize people who are not his employees to get something done as well evidenced over his last time around. Our future as a country far outweighs Trump's revenge.

$32T debt
140% Debt to GDP ratio
Massive wokeness infiltrating society
Porous border with no end in site that will perpetuate dimocratic control.
Losing ground to the Chicoms miltiarily
Massive corruption in all aspects of our federal government, and especailly in law enforcement.
Moral fiber in this country crumbling before our eyes.
War on fossil fuels that will bring this nation to its knees.

Do you really think there is a future out there?

Offline DB

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2023, 08:29:27 pm »
$32T debt
140% Debt to GDP ratio
Massive wokeness infiltrating society
Porous border with no end in site that will perpetuate dimocratic control.
Losing ground to the Chicoms miltiarily
Massive corruption in all aspects of our federal government, and especailly in law enforcement.
Moral fiber in this country crumbling before our eyes.
War on fossil fuels that will bring this nation to its knees.

Do you really think there is a future out there?

I think we've already reached critical mass and the likelihood of a turnaround is very remote. But at least there is still a chance. There is no chance of it with either Trump or Biden. Trump supports massive spending, just a different set of priorities. Trump also supports the replacement of real women with faux women and is all in with the "inclusive" crap.