Author Topic: Statement by Donald Trump...Trump says he expects 'Arrest and Indictment' over Jan. 6 Capitol riot  (Read 1587 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he expects 'Arrest and Indictment' over Jan. 6 Capitol riot

« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 02:01:18 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Trump arrested and indicted.  The corrupt DOJ isn't done with him and will keep hounding him.  Maybe as part of some sort of plea bargain he will agree not to run for president.  That's what they want ultimately anyways.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

I think any of the Republican candidates need to realize that the left will find a way to come after them as well. It's not just Trump that they are after and ultimately should we not find a way to dissolve the Deep State they will come for you and I.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Offline Idiot

A this point it's just piling on.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Absolute Bullsh*t’: GOP Lawmakers React as Trump Targeted in January 6 Probe

Many Republican lawmakers defended former President Donald Trump after his announcement of being a target in the Justice Department’s January 6 probe.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/07/18/absolute-bullsht-gop-lawmakers-react-trump-targeted-january-6-probe/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online cato potatoe

Part of me has to admire the democrats in their Machiavellian ways.  Republicans will rush to Trump's side, like moths drawn to a

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Get every Republican on the record

Gaetz: "BREAKING: I will be introducing legislation to DEFUND Jack Smith’s witch hunt against President Trump.  They are attacking our democracy and engaging in election interference right now. The United States Congress has the capability to stop this election interference, and we must act immediately!" (Video)

https://twitter.com/RepMattGaetz/status/1681364558143791104

Mark R. Levin
@marklevinshow

The seriousness of what is being done to Donald Trump by local and federal Democrat prosecutors cannot be overstated. It is alarming. It is shocking. And this republic is teetering. Trump will have to defend himself against bogus criminal charges in Manhattan, bogus civil charges in Albany, bogus criminal charges in the “documents” case, bogus criminal charges in the Jan. 6 matter, and most likely the shoe will soon drop in Atlanta. All the while, he is running for re-election as president. It is extremely difficult to fight all these prosecutors, and fight for your freedom, and run for president at the same time. And these prosecutors know it. They are also involved in something that has only two prior times in our history — that is, a concerted effort to knowingly and actively interfere in a presidential election. The two prior times were also against Trump (the Durham Report provides overwhelming details of this effort in the 2016 campaign).

And let’s be clear, the DOJ and FBI have demonstrated in the recent past that they will use illegal means to try to take out Trump — the Hillary Clinton/Democrat Party/FBI/DOJ orchestrated “Russia Collusion” scam that lasted years — and they are doing the same thing now, but on a unimaginable scale. There have been no substantive reforms at the FBI. Chris Wray’s testimony last week made that abundantly clear, given all the abuses and corruption that have occurred while he has been FBI director.

Merrick Garland and his extremely radical top-level staff are unquestionably involved in all these decisions. As for Jack Smith, chosen by Garland to go after Trump, he is no “special counsel.” He physically looks like what he is — a maniacal, seek-and-destroy hatchet man who has a long record of abusing and targeting individuals who have no chance of escaping his fascistic, Beria-like tactics. He destroyed a former Virginia governor, even though that conviction was unanimously overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court. He destroyed what was left of John Edwards’s career, with a series of felony charges that were rejected by the trial jury. As head of the Criminal Division’s Public Integrity Section, he authorized the unconstitutional IRS attack on the Tea Party, which was intended to cripple that movement. Later, DOJ paid several millions of dollars to settle complaints against it. And there’s more. Obviously, Garland found all of this to be a resume enhancement when he chose Smith to target Trump. Yet, because Smith triggers these criminal investigations, he creates his own immunity from congressional oversight, where the rogue prosecutor asserts that he can ignore any questions from Congress because he is in the middle of prosecutions of his own making. This, despite that fact that his actions have thrown the election and the nation into turmoil.

And, of course, the Democrat Party media is ecstatic today. They crave the unraveling of our country, regurgitate whatever the Biden regime feeds them via DOJ and the FBI (as they did when the Obama regime was in charge), they use so-called experts to provide opinions on Trump’s fate — who almost always are carefully chosen Trump-haters and NeverTrumpers, or Democrat-aligned lawyers — to give “legal analysis,” aka propaganda.

The Biden regime, the Democrat Party and their prosecutors, and the Democrat Party media understand that this next election may well be the make-or-break election of our time, or all time, for our country. Four more years on top of the remaining two years of this American-Marxist revolution (Bernie Sanders is thrilled with the direction of the country and, of course, early on endorsed Biden for re-election, as has AOC) could well mean that there is no way to claw out of the abyss. The “fundamental transformation of America” they are constantly talking about will have been enshrined, with more to come. The Democrat Party and its surrogates are playing for keeps — a one-party, state-party that monopolizes elections, the government, and the culture, with no effective competition, supported by the state-media, which is largely made up of Democrat Party members or personnel aligned with the Democrat Party agenda. This is tyranny. This is autocracy. And it is looking you directly in the eye.

11:21 AM · Jul 18, 2023

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

I went to a reading of the Electoral vote count, and a hockey game broke out ...

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Remember, yet-to-be indicted GOP Congressional co-conspirators, the first one to squeal gets the deal.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline roamer_1

I think any of the Republican candidates need to realize that the left will find a way to come after them as well. It's not just Trump that they are after and ultimately should we not find a way to dissolve the Deep State they will come for you and I.

Well duh... This sort of thing has been going on for decades.

Offline mountaineer

A clear call for insurrection.  *****rollingeyes*****

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Jan 6, 2021
I am asking for everyone at the U.S. Capitol to remain peaceful. No violence! Remember, WE are the Party of Law & Order – respect the Law and our great men and women in Blue. Thank you!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Remind me again what Trump got impeached for?  Something about using the Justice Dept to go after his political opponent?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

President Trump: "They don't frighten us because we are going to Make America Great Again. That's all there is.". (Video)

https://twitter.com/MAGAIncWarRoom/status/1681471498802823168

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The tweet was sent @ 3:13 PM · Jan 6, 2021 ... almost two hours into the violence at the Capitol ... when it was becoming more apparent that the attempted putsch was going to fail ... this tweet was CYA from the intended beneficiary of a failed seditious conspiracy to use force and intimidation to illegally keep Trump in office.

A clear call for insurrection.  *****rollingeyes*****

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Jan 6, 2021
I am asking for everyone at the U.S. Capitol to remain peaceful. No violence! Remember, WE are the Party of Law & Order – respect the Law and our great men and women in Blue. Thank you!

Offline mountaineer

The tweet was sent @ 3:13 PM · Jan 6, 2021 ... almost two hours into the violence at the Capitol ... when it was becoming more apparent that the attempted putsch was going to fail ... this tweet was CYA from the intended beneficiary of a failed seditious conspiracy to use force and intimidation to illegally keep Trump in office.
As I recall, Trump said the same thing or something very similar about behaving peacefully not just via Twitter two hours later, but as he wrapped up his comments to his supporters assembled on the Mall - before any of them headed toward the Capitol.

I could be mistaken, as I certainly wasn't there and didn't watch any live coverage, but that's my recollection.  :shrug:

Offline LMAO

As I recall, Trump said the same thing or something very similar about behaving peacefully not just via Twitter two hours later, but as he wrapped up his comments to his supporters assembled on the Mall - before any of them headed toward the Capitol.

I could be mistaken, as I certainly wasn't there and didn't watch any live coverage, but that's my recollection.  :shrug:

Heres his speech that day
https://www.npr.org/2021/02/10/966396848/read-trumps-jan-6-speech-a-key-part-of-impeachment-trial
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

Unless that phrase was omitted I don't see where Trump said "let's peacefully walk to the Capitol".  It just says "So let's walk down Pennsylvania Avenue."

He did

I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard," Trump said in his speech. "Today we will see whether Republicans stand strong for [the] integrity of our elections, but whether or not they stand strong for our country, our country. Our country has been under siege for a long time, far longer than this four-year period."

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

To satirically and sarcastically paraphrase Trump's words and possible intentions for his deafening silence earilier in the day:

Now that the putsch is guaranteed to fail, I will send out some tweets to cover my big fat orange posterior and ask you to leave peacefully.  Let's blame it on a couple of ruffians who are making the rest of the peaceful tourists look bad.  Ignore the damage, the blood, the bodies, and the poo-poo covered walls as you steal Government laptops, and other property, on the way out.

Offline berdie

He did

I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard," Trump said in his speech. "Today we will see whether Republicans stand strong for [the] integrity of our elections, but whether or not they stand strong for our country, our country. Our country has been under siege for a long time, far longer than this four-year period."

I have never thought that Trump said to go breech the Capitol. But the quote you sited could be very inflammatory to followers already up in arms over the election. He got the crowd a little too fired up. 

Offline mountaineer

Could you link to Trump's video or the transcript of what he said BEFORE the "insurrection"?
Okay, here it is (as reported by the Associated Press):
...  I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.

Today we will see whether Republicans stand strong for integrity of our elections. But whether or not they stand strong for our country, our country. ...

So we’re going to, we’re going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I love Pennsylvania Avenue. And we’re going to the Capitol, and we’re going to try and give.

The Democrats are hopeless, they never vote for anything. Not even one vote. But we’re going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones because the strong ones don’t need any of our help. We’re going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.

So let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue.

I want to thank you all. God bless you and God Bless America. ...
It's disjointed, somewhat incoherent and disorganized. But he did say "peacefully."

Offline berdie

FWIW, which ain't much  happy77, it seems to me that the press/government is doing the same thing they did to Palin. On a much larger scale, of course.

He has been able to beat the press, somewhat. (Palin couldn't). So they switch to endless lawsuits. Even though Trump has money...defending himself in these endless lawsuits will eventually drain even the richest.

Not a Palin groupie, just a thought that roamed thru my mind.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I posted this in a different thread, but it probably fits best here:

And he did use the words “peacefully and patriotically” when he talked about marching on the Capitol.

I tend not to listen to political speeches by anyone, but I do read the transcript if I think it's important, and I did that with Trump's January 6 comments yesterday.  And first, uh, wow.  Talk about rambling.  I've seen clips from some of his speeches, but that's the first time I've either read or watched one all the way through.  Are they all that stream of consciousness/disjointed, or was that an exception?  I truly don't know.

Anyway, while he did say "peacefully and patriotically", he said that early in a speech that lasted over an hour, and never repeated it or any other words relating to acting peacefully or without violence.  And after he said that, he said a lot of stuff that clearly would have riled up the crowd.  And this was how he ended the speech, so these would have been the comments most fresh in everyone's mind:

And again, most people would stand there at 9 o'clock in the evening and say I want to thank you very much, and they go off to some other life. But I said something's wrong here, something is really wrong, can have happened.

And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore.

Our exciting adventures and boldest endeavors have not yet begun. My fellow Americans, for our movement, for our children, and for our beloved country. And I say this despite all that's happened. The best is yet to come.  So we're going to, we're going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I love Pennsylvania Avenue. And we're going to the Capitol, and we're going to try and give.

The Democrats are hopeless — they never vote for anything. Not even one vote. But we're going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones because the strong ones don't need any of our help. We're going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country. So let's walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I want to thank you all. God bless you and God Bless America. Thank you all for being here. This is incredible. Thank you very much. Thank you.

I still don't think he said anything criminal, but having read his whole speech, I think it was needlessly inflammatory and irresponsible.  But it also should be pointed out that the first breach of the barricades around the Capitol occurred at 12:53 p.m, and by 1:03, three sets of barricades had been overrun and the police had retreated to the Capitol steps.  Trump's speech didn't actually end until 1:10, meaning that the riot was started by people who weren't at the speech, and couldn't have been motivated by what he said.  So again, I don't think there is any legal liability for that, although it is unlikely that there would have been that many people in D.C. at all if Trump hadn't called for a rally on January 6.  But that's protected by the First Amendment.

One thing that's kind of sad/funny is that in this closing, he implied that he was going to be marching with those people.  "we're going to the Capitol", and "we're going to try and give", and "let's walk down Pennsylvania Avenue".  And earlier in the speech, he flatly stated he was going to be walking with them:

"Now, it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we're going to walk down, and I'll be there with you, we're going to walk down, we're going to walk down."

And obviously, he didn't go with them, and had them go by themselves.  And he didn't go anywhere except right back to the White House.  Again, not criminal, but just more Trumpian lying and expecting others to do his dirty work for him.

ETA: the fact that the riot began before Trump finished his speech does make it impossible to fairly blame the riot on the speech.  However, the riot beginning that early also makes it even less excusable that Trump watched the whole thing unfold on TV, but didn't send out any message of any kind asking the rioter to stop or behave peaceably until 2:38 p.m.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 04:11:37 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »