Author Topic: Ron DeSantis Just Parroted the Democrat Line on Jan 6.  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Ron DeSantis Just Parroted the Democrat Line on Jan 6.
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2023, 04:01:39 pm »
Trump supporters and the DEMS are doing everything that theycan to smear DeSantis, regardless if the accusations are true are not. 

888mouth

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2023, 04:30:40 pm »
Imagine that...another lie about some who dare opposes Lord Trump for the Presidency.

It's 2016 all over again.

And this is a big part of the problem.  The RDS campaign is managed by Ryan along with Cruz and Bush leftovers more interested in retribution for 2016 --- as are many right here in Briefer City.  That RDS's North Star is hitched to his Congressional career and he is a piss poor excuse for a candidate reduces Ronny to a fraudulent puppet.  No rational person living in this moment in history wants that crap at the helm.

Offline corbe

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2023, 04:35:44 pm »
 :bs:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2023, 04:39:33 pm »
Donald Trump encouraged his supporters to rally in Washington DC on January 6 and also encouraged them  to march on Congress

Putting any emotional attachments to Donald Trump aside, what would the reaction of Trump supporters be if Hillary Clinton, with all else being the same, conducted herself in this way after she lost the election in 2016 along with her supporters? There would be contempt  and outrage. And rightly so.

This is how tribal our politics have become

« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 04:55:12 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2023, 04:56:07 pm »
Imagine that...another lie about some who dare opposes Lord Trump for the Presidency.

It's 2016 all over again.

I'm just waiting for him to accuse RDS's dad of being in on the plot to kill Kennedy.
Nah, that's been done, more likely it'll be about the assassination attempt on Reagan. I know nuts, bought we're talking about Trump, it doesn't have to make sense.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2023, 04:56:45 pm »
And this is a big part of the problem.  The RDS campaign is managed by Ryan along with Cruz and Bush leftovers more interested in retribution for 2016 --- as are many right here in Briefer City.  That RDS's North Star is hitched to his Congressional career and he is a piss poor excuse for a candidate reduces Ronny to a fraudulent puppet.  No rational person living in this moment in history wants that crap at the helm.
Blah, blah, blah, blah

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2023, 05:00:25 pm »
Blah, blah, blah, blah

Kind of like the teacher in Charlie Brown…
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2023, 05:11:47 pm »
Kind of like the teacher in Charlie Brown…

Good thing I wasn't talking to you, huh @deb

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2023, 05:13:43 pm »
Good thing I wasn't talking to you, huh @deb ?

Blah, blah, blah, blah.  :tongue2:
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2023, 05:15:40 pm »
I can't speak for anyone else, but the behaviors and arguments made by a lot (not all) Trump supporters actually pushed me further away from voting for Trump.  Too often, there is a complete lack of respect for the truth, and for the basic framework of our system of government  I just don't want people who think and act like that to have any more influence than they already do.   It's corrosive to what it takes for ordered liberty to survive.

Were you laughing out loud as you typed this?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2023, 05:24:57 pm »
Donald Trump encouraged his supporters to rally in Washington DC on January 6 and also encouraged them  to march on Congress

Putting any emotional attachments to Donald Trump aside, what would the reaction of Trump supporters be if Hillary Clinton, with all else being the same, conducted herself in this way after she lost the election in 2016 along with her supporters? There would be contempt  and outrage. And rightly so.

This is how tribal our politics have become

Yeah, I guess Trump having a rally on that day basically created a tinderbox.  I think the truth probably is that he was hoping all those people marching on the Capitol would intimidate Pence into stopping the count.  Otherwise...what was the point of having the speech and rally on that particular day in D.C.? 

Intimidation isn't the way our political disputes should be decided.   I've got nothing against pushing back against those who initiate it, but Pence was a guy just following his conscience.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 05:28:57 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2023, 05:27:29 pm »
Yeah, I guess Trump having a rally on that day basically created a tinderbox.  I think the truth probably is that he was hoping all those people marching on the Capitol would intimidate Pence into stopping the count.  Otherwise...what was the point of having the speech and rally on that particular day in D.C.?

What the Democrats are trying to do is make the charge stick that Donald Trump encouraged those people to riot and I don’t see any indication that’s the case

Otherwise, we can then go after Kamala Harris, and any of the squad members and many other Democrat party members for the comments they made during the riots in 2020
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2023, 05:31:46 pm »
What the Democrats are trying to do is make the charge stick that Donald Trump encouraged those people to riot and I don’t see any indication that’s the case

Otherwise, we can then go after Kamala Harris, and any of the squad members and many other Democrat party members for the comments they made during the riots in 2020

Yeah, I agree.   You might be able to argue he was negligent, but that doesn't get you to criminal liability, especially considering the very legitimate free speech issues.  You can't stop him from saying "I believe I was robbed and that the election was fraudulent." He is allowed to say that.  He has to be allowed to say that, or else any election protest on the grounds of fraud becomes legally actionable.

What you can't do is urge violence, and he didn't do that.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 05:32:53 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2023, 05:32:52 pm »
Nah, that's been done, more likely it'll be about the assassination attempt on Reagan. I know nuts, bought we're talking about Trump, it doesn't have to make sense.

Good point
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2023, 05:45:49 pm »

What you can't do is urge violence, and he didn't do that.

And he did use the words “peacefully and patriotically” when he talked about marching on the Capitol

Should he have come out sooner and tried to calm the mob? Perhaps. Although I don’t know exactly what he could do or say at that moment.

But the Democrat talking point is that Donald Trump riled up and encouraged those people to engage in violence. The title of this thread is highly misleading. It reminds me of a documentary I saw about the use of propaganda during World War II where they took a statement made by Admiral Yamamoto about marching to the White House to dictate peace terms  to make people at the time think that that was Yamamoto’s goal. But they left out what he said before and after that little snippet.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2023, 05:48:58 pm »
And he did use the words “peacefully and patriotically” when he talked about marching on the Capitol

Should he have come out sooner and tried to calm the mob? Perhaps. Although I don’t know exactly what he could do or say at that moment.

But the Democrat talking point is that Donald Trump riled up and encouraged those people to engage in violence. The title of this thread is highly misleading. It reminds me of a documentary I saw about the use of propaganda during World War II where they took a statement made by Admiral Yamamoto about marching to the White House to dictate peace terms  to make people at the time think that that was Yamamoto’s goal. But they left out what he said before and after that little snippet.

:thumbsup:

Context is everything.  In both instances.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2023, 05:52:29 pm »
“For example, I think it was shown how he was in the White House and didn’t do anything while things were going on,” DeSantis said

This is a lie.

Do we hold his feet to the fire?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2023, 05:54:42 pm »
Still waiting for that "word for word" quote, @Right_in_Virginia .  Or were you lying about that, too?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2023, 05:58:49 pm »
“For example, I think it was shown how he was in the White House and didn’t do anything while things were going on,” DeSantis said

This is a lie.

Other than posting on Twitter, what exactly did he do?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2023, 08:01:07 pm »
This is a lie.

That’s true

It is misleading to say that Trump didn’t do anything at all while the riots were going on. Could he have done more? By the time the riot started the mob was out of control

January 6 is going to be a cloud over Donald Trump’s, and any candidates he endorses,  head when it comes to voters at large. The charge of “election denialism” has been more effective against the Republicans than the Democrats because of January 6.

So if a Republican candidate doesn’t come out and give a full throated condemnation of the events of January 6, along with believing that Trump really won the election, that Republican is more likely to lose the general election. But if they do, they have trouble in the GOP primary

The republican party is  at a crossroad

« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 08:01:58 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2023, 08:01:17 pm »
This is a lie.

He is lying that he 'thinks it was shown'?

How can that statement be a lie when it starts with 'I think it was shown'? That preface renders whatever follows into an opinion.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2023, 08:02:05 pm »

How can that statement be a lie when it starts with 'I think it was shown'? That preface renders whatever follows into an opinion.

Exactly.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2023, 08:18:37 pm »

You can read it that way. I read it as an intent to decieve.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2023, 08:20:31 pm »

You're entitled to your own opinion.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2023, 08:30:20 pm »

Then put the statement back into it's context, wherein DeSantis goes on to say it cannot be a criminal action - gutting the strategy. What then the reason for deception?

That's the problem with all this bullshit being slung - Hang the man on a sentence taken out of context. Always the case coming out of the Tumpy camp. Propaganda.