Author Topic: Your Candidate Is an Idiot and I’ll Never Vote for Them  (Read 191 times)

Offline Kamaji

Your Candidate Is an Idiot and I’ll Never Vote for Them
« on: July 18, 2023, 01:36:56 pm »
Your Candidate Is an Idiot and I’ll Never Vote for Them

Derek Hunter
Jul 18, 2023

Don’t you just love primaries? It’s a time when people who generally get along just fine turn into Yankees and Red Sox fans on a bender during the playoffs. It’s not fun to be around, and it’s not all that much fun to be a part of. Unless it’s happening to Democrats, of course, in which case you root for as long of a fight as possible. But this year it’s not happening to Democrats, at least not yet, it’s happening to Republicans, and there’s a better than average chance it’ll screw up the country going forward.

Let me start by pointing out that I will vote for whoever the Republican nominee is in the 2024 election. That goes for the top of the ticket down to dog catcher. I don’t care who it is, they’ve got my vote over any Democrat. It’s really not hard to say, easier still to mean, but far too many people on our team are rabidly insisting they will not vote for anyone other than their chosen candidate.

I’ve even seen many people claim if their particular candidate does not win the nomination that the “party rigged the process” and they’d stay home in the general election. While I suspect most don’t mean it, it’s one of the dumbest things anyone can say considering the stakes in the next election.

Honestly, if you can’t see yourself being able to vote for another Republican simply because they defeated the candidate you’d tattooed on your arm, get the hell over it. Some candidates are obviously better than others, but if your loyalty is to a person and not principles – and I mean this in the nicest way possible – you’re an idiot.

Source:  https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2023/07/18/your-candidate-is-an-idiot-and-ill-never-vote-for-them-n2625817