Author Topic: Trump describes how he could solve Russia-Ukraine conflict in 24 hours  (Read 2257 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-describes-how-he-could-solve-russia-ukraine-conflict-24-hours

Former President Donald Trump explained his plan to secure peace in Ukraine within 24 hours of taking back the White House on Sunday, saying he would tell Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy to make a deal.

Trump made the comments during an interview on Fox News' "Sunday Morning Futures" with host Maria Bartiromo. The former president said he has a good relationship with both Zelenskyy and Russian President Vladimir Putin, and added that President Biden is not capable of dealing with world leaders.

"These are smart people, including Macron of France. I could go through the whole list of people, including Putin.… These people are sharp, tough and generally vicious. They're vicious, and they're at the top of their game. We have a man that has no clue what's happening. It's the most dangerous time in the history of our country," Trump said.

"So what should be the response?" Bartiromo asked. "You said you could end the war in Ukraine in 24 hours. How would you do that?"

"I know Zelensky very well. I felt he was very honorable because when they asked him about the perfect phone call that I made, he said it was indeed, he said it was. He didn't even know what they were talking about. He could have grandstanded–" Trump said before Bartiromo cut him off.

"That's not going to be enough for Putin to stop bombing," she pointed out. Trump then explained how he would get Russia and Ukraine to end their conflict.

"I know Zelenskyy very well, and I know Putin very well, even better. And I had a good relationship, very good with both of them. I would tell Zelenskyy, no more. You got to make a deal. I would tell Putin, if you don't make a deal, we're going to give him a lot. We're going to [give Ukraine] more than they ever got if we have to. I will have the deal done in one day. One day," Trump responded.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline LMAO

Is this like his promise to pay off the debt in eight years?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Chickenshit Trump is so full of it.

Offline LMAO

From the article….

"I know Zelenskyy very well, and I know Putin very well, even better. And I had a good relationship, very good with both of them. I would tell Zelenskyy, no more. You got to make a deal. I would tell Putin, if you don't make a deal, we're going to give him a lot. We're going to [give Ukraine] more than they ever got if we have to. I will have the deal done in one day. One day," Trump responded.

This is part of his  problem. He view’s everything through the prism of a business deal.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

From the article….

This is part of his  problem. He view’s everything through the prism of a business deal.

Like I said….

Offline ScottinVA

Ukraine doesn’t have to give up jackshit.  Russia is the bad actor here.  Do NOT reward that aggression.

Offline DB

Trump is an idiot. At least 100,000 dead due to Russia invading Ukraine and Ukraine should just surrender what Russia has taken because Trump said so.

Offline libertybele

i don't doubt that Trump would have had the conflict resolved long ago and certainly wouldn't have escalated the war like Brandon has.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

i don't doubt that Trump would have had the conflict resolved long ago and certainly wouldn't have escalated the war like Brandon has.

LOL... Surrender for peace...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
From the article….

@LMAO

I have to agree with that. He seems to still have the business mindset that "people will do what they think is best for them ",and it just ain't true when it comes to politics. Politics is NOT within shouting distance of the realm of reality. It's all about selling a dream,which SEEMS  to go along with being a businessman on the surface,but the reality is it is not. It's all about power,and  making your foes powerless.

Politics is the ultimate "long game",not the "let's all make a profit today" "short game".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline kevindavis007

So Trump wants to be like Chamberlain.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline libertybele

@LMAO

I have to agree with that. He seems to still have the business mindset that "people will do what they think is best for them ",and it just ain't true when it comes to politics. Politics is NOT within shouting distance of the realm of reality. It's all about selling a dream,which SEEMS  to go along with being a businessman on the surface,but the reality is it is not. It's all about power,and  making your foes powerless.

Politics is the ultimate "long game",not the "let's all make a profit today" "short game".

Trump was a businessman all of his life with the exception of his presidency and that mindset really never left him.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Trump is full of it!  Should he get elected, the majority of people in the USA do not want to give Ukraine one more dime.  Our economy has been in the swirl ever since Wrecking Ball Joe got elected.

And Trump holds zero sway over Putin.  More empty rhetoric from a bullsh*t artist that did not deliver the first time.

Offline libertybele

Trump is full of it!  Should he get elected, the majority of people in the USA do not want to give Ukraine one more dime.  Our economy has been in the swirl ever since Wrecking Ball Joe got elected.

And Trump holds zero sway over Putin.  More empty rhetoric from a bullsh*t artist that did not deliver the first time.

I sure as heck think that the massive cashflow to Ukraine should have stopped a long time ago and I doubt that Trump would have let that gravy train continue to run.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I will go one better libertybelle.  If Trump were POTUS, this war would NEVER have happened.  But then again, there is reality to contend with.

Remember, because of Trump, we got Biden!  There was such an overwhelming desire to get rid of Trump that the Democommies cheated out the wazoo, and they had Republican help along the way.

Offline DominusVobiscum

Didnt Trump have four years to resolve the frozen conflict that he inherited?   He had his shot.

Offline Hoodat

"I know Zelenskyy very well, and I know Putin very well, even better. And I had a good relationship, very good with both of them.  I would tell Zelenskyy, no more. You got to make a deal.

So how did it work out when Trump told Zelenskiy to get rid of the current prosecutor and rehire the old one?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Trump was a businessman all of his life with the exception of his presidency and that mindset really never left him.

It's not necessarily the businessman mindset that is Trump's greatest shortcoming.  It is his entrepreneurial mindset.  It is absolute hell working for an entrepreneur.  They don't take advice.  They blame everyone else when things go south.  And they demand loyalty above all else.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Ukraine doesn’t have to give up jackshit.  Russia is the bad actor here.  Do NOT reward that aggression.

Word.  This war ends when every last Russian soldier is out of Ukraine.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Why didn't he do this when he was in office last time?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Didnt Trump have four years to resolve the frozen conflict that he inherited?   He had his shot.

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Hoodat

Welcome to TBR, @DominusVobiscum !

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

QFT

Epic.  Very first post is a 'QFT'.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trump is full of it!  Should he get elected, the majority of people in the USA do not want to give Ukraine one more dime.

@jafo2010

*I* am not one of those people,and know very few people in real life that are. It is to our advantage to have the USSR/Communism in Russia defeated and replaced by a freer system.

The money we would save on defense alone would be astounding. Our only major threat would be China,and it is rapidly getting to the point where we are in business with China,with them manufacturing most of the goods we buy. Which,BTW,is the fault of the Global Capitalists that run companies like GM,not the politicians they rent. Yeah,the politicians share the blame,but would have never done it without the bribes,but they are still just as guilty as the CEO's.

AND......,let's not forget the greedy union members who will end up pricing themselves out of work because they  can't compete with the Chinese slave labor.

Our economy has been in the swirl ever since Wrecking Ball Joe got elected.

Slow Joe hasn't helped,but he is nothing more than another whore for sale to the highest bidder. Nothing unique about  him other than being senile and the President of the US.

Hell,even the freaking Dims are helping put Putin and the USSR out of business,and you  STILL want to dump on Trump and claim he can't continue doing that?

Putin invading Ukraine may end up being one of the best things that ever happened for the west. Chances are that when the dust finally settles,the old Soviet system will be history,and THAT will save the US a freaking ton of money.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Epic.  Very first post is a 'QFT'.

If he's right he's right.

I said basically the same thing before I scrolled back up and read his post.

There were people that did that to me within my first 2-3 posts because of a point I was making back when I first arrived here.

Your point?