Author Topic: Trump describes how he could solve Russia-Ukraine conflict in 24 hours  (Read 2256 times)

Offline LMAO

Predictably stupid idea from Teump....

So he's going to tell Zelensky "no more aid if you don't make peace immediately", and tell Putin "I'll give Ukraine tons of weapons if you don't make peace."

So suppose Zelensky says "okay, we'll offer terms", but Putin is unwilling to compromise.  That means Trump would start funding the war at a much greater level even than Biden, right?  Are Trump supporters who want no more aid to Ukraine okay with that?

Or suppose they both tell him to take a hike. What does he do then?  He can't both cut off all aid to Ukraine while simultaneously increasing it massively.  His promise to end the war in 24 hours fails at the outset.

The way it almost certainly would work in reality is that both sides would say "sure, we're ready to negotiate", but that still leaves the exact terms, and how much each side is willing to compromise.  Each would point the finger at the other for being unreasonable, and as pointed out above, Trump can't punish both at the same time.

So...what then?

And yet another example of Trump just blurting things out without thinking things through
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

And yet another example of Trump just blurting things out without thinking things through

Just like some of his supporters here.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Or, he has thought it through and just isn't being honest about it.

The way to avoid the dilemma of "what if both refuse"  is to have terms that are extremely favorable to one side so you know they'll agree.  That means you only have to worry about applying pressure to the other side.  And since Trump already has said publicly that he doesn't think we should be sending money to Ukraine....

It's pretty clear what his actual plan is versus this nonsensical one he just described.

Of course, he's a liar anyway because Ukraine would not simply give in to the Russians in 24 hours even if Trump stopped all aid immediately.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 10:42:26 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline roamer_1

Or maybe it's just 'bravado'...

Offline ScottinVA

Trump is full of it!  Should he get elected, the majority of people in the USA do not want to give Ukraine one more dime.

@jafo2010

Putin invading Ukraine may end up being one of the best things that ever happened for the west. Chances are that when the dust finally settles,the old Soviet system will be history,and THAT will save the US a freaking ton of money.

:thumbsup:

Offline Kamaji

The way to avoid the dilemma of "what if both refuse"  is to have terms that are extremely favorable to one side so you know they'll agree.  That means you only have to worry about applying pressure to the other side.  And since Trump already has said publicly that he doesn't think we should be sending money to Ukraine....

It's pretty clear what his actual plan is versus this nonsensical one he just described.

Of course, he's a liar anyway because Ukraine would not simply give in to the Russians in 24 hours even if Trump stopped all aid immediately.

Yup.  Basically, Trump intends to give Ukraine to Russia, lock, stock, and barrel.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Yup.  Basically, Trump intends to give Ukraine to Russia, lock, stock, and barrel.

:bsflag:      :bsflag:      :bsflag:

Offline Hoodat

:bsflag:      :bsflag:      :bsflag:

So exactly how much of Ukraine does Trump intend to give away?

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DominusVobiscum

I have have not heard ONE statement from Trump supporting Ukraines desire to retain its territorial integrity.

All he has been telegraphing is "peace at any price".

Thats not going to fly with me.

Offline Kamaji

I have have not heard ONE statement from Trump supporting Ukraines desire to retain its territorial integrity.

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

This kind of "I just want peace" attitude, without any specifics about what the terms of that peace would be, is exactly the kind of simplistic rhetoric for which we rightly mocked Democrats.

Putin wants peace.  Zelensky wants peace.  The problems is that they disagree on what terms are acceptable, so without discussing the terms of that peace, you're just avoiding the real issue.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Trump would end the conflict in his mind - after he declassifies more Top Secret documents in his mind and sells them to the Saudis.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.