Author Topic: Report: Glenn Youngkin ‘Reconsidering’ 2024 White House Bid  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Report: Glenn Youngkin ‘Reconsidering’ 2024 White House Bid
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2023, 04:16:20 am »
Really? Funny, how your guy is still living there and hasn't put MAL up for sale.

Before you laugh yourself senseless @jmyrlefuller , here's my post with the missing word "governor" included.  The governor's candidacy for president is failing, not his state.

I hope you feel better and sleep well.

That's silly, juvenile nonsense @jmyrlefuller   

The only reason my esteemed Governor is being considered again as a candidate for president is because Florida's governor is failing ---- bigly.

Why aren't you at least curious about Ronnie's thoughts on this?

« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 04:17:45 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online LMAO

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2023, 10:13:51 am »
Not enough experience yet.
Just another "also-ran" at this point.
Get re-elected first.
THEN run... in 2028.

So I take it you didn’t vote for Donald Trump in 2016?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2023, 10:18:23 am »
If he gets in, he is likely running for Vice President, along with Tim Scott.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2023, 11:24:32 am »
I’m interested in hearing what he has to say

It’s a sad state for the Republican party when the  front runner is someone who has a history of donating to Democrats and has adopted many of their positions

@LMAO

It is an even  sadder day when alleged Republicans don't understand business basics. When your primary concern is running a successful business,you  associate with and donate money to the politicians that are in a position to help keep your business successful.

When you run for President,your prime concern is that your NEW BUSINESS (politics) is also successful.

But you  already  know that and don't care because Trump is both rich  and rude.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2023, 11:26:39 am »
If he gets in, he is likely running for Vice President, along with Tim Scott.

@massadvj

I recognize the name,and that's it. Why do you think he would make a good VP?

Online LMAO

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2023, 11:35:28 am »
@LMAO

It is an even  sadder day when alleged Republicans don't understand business basics. When your primary concern is running a successful business,you  associate with and donate money to the politicians that are in a position to help keep your business successful.

When you run for President,your prime concern is that your NEW BUSINESS (politics) is also successful.

But you  already  know that and don't care because Trump is both rich  and rude.

That’s only your opinion. What I posted was fact

He did not just donate to local Democrat New York politicians. I don’t think any Republican currently running in the 2024 race has that record of donating to Democrats. Spin it any way you want. But the fact is he donated to the likes of Kamala Harris and Harry Reid. Neither one are New York politicians.

He donated to Kamala Harris’s Attorney General campaign in California. That has zip, nada, zero to do with running a business in New York

« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 11:39:54 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2023, 11:45:45 am »
That’s only your opinion. What I posted was fact

@LMAO

What you posted was fantasy BS to justify your "Anybody but Trump" mindset.

Online LMAO

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2023, 11:51:26 am »
@LMAO

Wait a minute

First you excused his donations to Democrats

Now you’re claiming it’s all BS?

Lol

Here’s proof of my claim

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/08/13/fact-check-donald-trump-did-donate-kamala-harris-past-campaigns/3356945001/

What do you have beyond excuses and opinions? I’ll wait. And you can’t use terms like orange and rude nor bring up any other GOP candidates in your response

Barry Goldwater

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2023, 11:52:14 am »

@massadvj

I recognize the name,and that's it. Why do you think he would make a good VP?

I don't. I just think that is his goal. He would like to be on the ticket and therefore be the heir apparent f Trump wins. If Trump does not win, then he will have had some experience running a national campaign, and a rolodex he can go back to in 2028.

Right now, in addition to running against Trump, DeSantis is building a strong rolodex of his own, so anyone ambitious will see that as difficult to overcome, even if DeSantis is unsuccessful.

Basically, all politicians are self-employed. Youngkin is just thinking about his future here. It just makes sense for him to get some experience on the national stage.

BTW, Democrat politicians think the same way, but they are too afraid of Biden to challenge him. The fact that Republicans do not fear Trump is telling.

I also think that the backup plan for the anti-Trump wing of the GOP is to flood the market with candidates just in case the DeSantis effort fails. Then you get a brokered convention, and Trump might be defeated that way. It did not work in 2016 and probably will not work this year, either, but it must be tried, especially with DeSantis not catching fire yet.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2023, 11:54:33 am »
@LMAO

You are so full of sh*t.  Maybe you should try using an internet search engine from time to time - y'know, like google, or duck-duck-go, or yahoo, or etc, etc, etc.

If you did, then you'd find a record of Trump's political contributions.  Up until 2011, Donald Trump contributed more money to democrats than he did to republicans.  That is FACT.

Source:  https://ballotpedia.org/History_of_Donald_Trump%27s_political_donations

Offline Idiot

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2023, 01:12:16 pm »
You are so full of sh*t.  Maybe you should try using an internet search engine from time to time - y'know, like google, or duck-duck-go, or yahoo, or etc, etc, etc.

If you did, then you'd find a record of Trump's political contributions.  Up until 2011, Donald Trump contributed more money to democrats than he did to republicans.  That is FACT.

Source:  https://ballotpedia.org/History_of_Donald_Trump%27s_political_donations
Please don't confuse him with the facts.  :laugh:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2023, 01:35:25 pm »
It’s the childish nickname that Trump worshippers use for DeSantis
Yep. If you don't like "Tumpy," "Drumpf" and the various other stupid and childish nicknames for Donald J. Trump, then don't call Gov. DeSantis "DeSanctimonious" or "DeDa." Respect is a two-way street.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2023, 02:18:54 pm »
Yep. If you don't like "Tumpy," "Drumpf" and the various other stupid and childish nicknames for Donald J. Trump, then don't call Gov. DeSantis "DeSanctimonious" or "DeDa." Respect is a two-way street.
Some people are stuck in a blind alley.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2023, 11:36:46 pm »

I agree with you .... and have been waiting for eight years for a glimmer of it from the anti-Trumps.   :shrug:

« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 07:12:24 am by Right_in_Virginia »