Author Topic: Report: Glenn Youngkin ‘Reconsidering’ 2024 White House Bid  (Read 1590 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Glenn Youngkin ‘Reconsidering’ 2024 White House Bid

Jordan Dixon-Hamilton 22 May 2023

Republican Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin is “reconsidering” a bid for the White House in the 2024 election, Axios reported.

This month, Youngkin said he would not run for president “this year,” leading many to speculate he called off any possibility of running for president.

As Breitbart News reported:

“No,” Youngkin told Wall Street Journal editor-at-large Gerard Baker when asked if he would be “dusting off” his signature fleece vest he became known for during his successful gubernatorial campaign.

Instead, Youngkin plans to focus on the state he was elected to lead during the 2021 Virginia gubernatorial election.

…

“I’m going to be working in Virginia this year,” Youngkin added.

However, Youngkin is “reconsidering” a presidential run, a top source close to the Virginia governor told Axios.

“He’s reconsidering. He’d be in his own lane: He’s not never-Trump, and he’s not Trump-light,” the source said.

A top Virginia Republican strategist told the outlet there are “serious discussions happening on re-engaging in the presidential” race.

A potential presidential announcement is likely to come after Virginia’s legislative elections in November, Axios reported.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/22/report-glenn-youngkin-reconsidering-2024-white-house-bid/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online ScottinVA

Re: Report: Glenn Youngkin ‘Reconsidering’ 2024 White House Bid
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 01:54:40 pm »
I would crawl over broken glass to cast my vote for Gov. Youngkin, should he throw his hat into the ring.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 10:12:14 pm »
Not enough experience yet.
Just another "also-ran" at this point.
Get re-elected first.
THEN run... in 2028.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2023, 09:41:34 pm »
Trump didn't appreciate any mention of Youngkin as a potential candidate.
Trump now raging against Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin, bizarrely says his name ‘sounds Chinese’
By Caitlin Doornbos   
November 11, 2022 10:28am

WASHINGTON – Former President Donald Trump ranted Friday against Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin, saying his last name “Sounds Chinese” and claiming the governor “couldn’t have won without me” last year.

“Young Kin (now that’s an interesting take. Sounds Chinese, doesn’t it?) in Virginia couldn’t have won without me,” the 45th president said in a series of posts on Truth Social. “I Endorsed him, did a very big Trump Rally for him telephonically, got MAGA to Vote for him – or he couldn’t have come close to winning.

“But he knows that and admits it. Besides, having a hard time with the Dems in Virginia – But he’ll get it done,” Trump added.

While Trump called into a phone rally for Youngkin during the governor’s campaign, he never physically came to Virginia to stump for him. Youngkin narrowly upset Democrat Terry McAuliffe in the commonwealth’s gubernatorial race, a win many political pundits attributed to Youngkin successfully keeping Trump at arm’s length. ...
https://nypost.com/2022/11/11/trump-turns-rage-on-va-gov-youngkin-says-name-sounds-chinese/
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2023, 09:56:20 pm »
Not enough experience yet.
Just another "also-ran" at this point.
Get re-elected first.
THEN run... in 2028.

He can't @Fishrrman ...  The VA governor is term limited.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2023, 09:58:02 pm »
Trump didn't appreciate any mention of Youngkin as a potential candidate.

I'm more interested in DeDa's reaction.  :smokin:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2023, 10:17:37 pm »
Trump is such a spoilt little child.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2023, 10:28:41 pm »
Not familiar with that name.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2023, 11:22:01 pm »

Well, permit me to bring you up to speed --- because things certainly do change rapidly in this political season.  :laugh:

"DeDa" is the shortened version of DeDaSantis --- a name coined to accommodate Ron's conflict with how to pronounce his own last name.  It's one of a litany of such accomodations.

Be that as it may, I remain more interested in Ronald DeSantis's reaction to the possible recruitment of Gov. Youngkin into the GOP primary for President than Trump's.  I suspect I'm not alone in this.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2023, 11:32:32 pm »
Well, permit me to bring you up to speed --- because things certainly do change rapidly in this political season.  :laugh:

"DeDa" is the shortened version of DeDaSantis --- a name coined to accommodate Ron's conflict with how to pronounce his own last name.  It's one of a litany of such accomodations.

Be that as it may, I remain more interested in Ronald DeSantis's reaction to the possible recruitment of Gov. Youngkin into the GOP primary for President than Trump's.  I suspect I'm not alone in this.
The more out there taking shots at the orange one the better.  You do realize he's going to jail, right?

Online LMAO

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2023, 11:35:19 pm »
Based on history, expect whining and lashing out from Trump
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2023, 11:35:28 pm »

It’s the childish nickname that Trump worshippers use for DeSantis because they’re scared shitless that DeSantis might beat Trump, and they can’t put a rational argument together to explain why Trump is better than DeSantis, so they engage in the same sort of childish namecalling that their spoilt little crybaby godlet engages in.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2023, 11:47:26 pm »
Still living rent-free in your head, huh? You act like you have a personal history with him...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2023, 12:12:15 am »
The more out there taking shots at the orange one the better.  You do realize he's going to jail, right?

Careful what you wish for .....   wink777

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2023, 12:18:02 am »
Still living rent-free in your head, huh? You act like you have a personal history with him...

That's silly, juvenile nonsense @jmyrlefuller   

The only reason my esteemed Governor is being considered again as a candidate for president is because Florida's governor is failing ---- bigly.

Why aren't you at least curious about Ronnie's thoughts on this?

« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 04:10:42 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2023, 12:30:12 am »
It’s the childish nickname that Trump worshippers use for DeSantis because they’re scared shitless that DeSantis might beat Trump.

Nah.  These particular nicknames are somewhat childish and ridicule a wannabe who thinks he's ready to be president but can't decide how to pronounce his own last name ---- just a little midsummer fun.

To be fair, when asked Ronny did take a shot at an answer.  He said his name is pronounced "winner" ------ pretty ironic, huh.   88devil

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2023, 12:30:18 am »
He can't @Fishrrman ...  The VA governor is term limited.

@Right_in_Virginia

They are limited to one term,only?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2023, 12:33:33 am »
It’s the childish nickname that Trump worshippers use for DeSantis because they’re scared shitless that DeSantis might beat Trump, and they can’t put a rational argument together to explain why Trump is better than DeSantis, so they engage in the same sort of childish namecalling that their spoilt little crybaby godlet engages in.

@Kamaji

ROFLMAO!

A good sense of humor is vital if  you  are to remain a DeSanctimonious supporter.

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2023, 12:38:24 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

They are limited to one term,only?

@sneakypete

It used to be one term and done.  Thanks to Terry McAuliffe, a Virginia Governor can now serve more than one term, but not consecutively. So the earliest Youngkin can run for governor again is 2025 for another term beginning in 2026.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2023, 01:10:04 am »
That's silly, juvenile nonsense @jmyrlefuller   

The only reason my esteemed Governor is being considered again as a candidate for president is because Florida's is failing ---- bigly.

Why aren't you at least curious about Ronnie's thoughts on this?
Really? Funny, how your guy is still living there and hasn't put MAL up for sale. I mean, if it's "failing bigly" so much, a return trip to his buddies in New York would be in the cards... right? Well, what's he waiting for?

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2023, 01:35:04 am »
@sneakypete

It used to be one term and done.  Thanks to Terry McAuliffe, a Virginia Governor can now serve more than one term, but not consecutively. So the earliest Youngkin can run for governor again is 2025 for another term beginning in 2026.

@Right_in_Virginia

Thanks!

Online LMAO

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2023, 02:30:00 am »
Really? Funny, how your guy is still living there and hasn't put MAL up for sale. I mean, if it's "failing bigly" so much, a return trip to his buddies in New York would be in the cards... right? Well, what's he waiting for?

I have a sister and in-laws that live in Florida and they don’t agree with Trumpers that their state is failing

There are briefers  who live in Florida. Do you think your state is failing?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 02:30:53 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2023, 02:40:47 am »
Not my favorite, but he's another I'd vote for before Trump.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2023, 02:41:17 am »
I have a sister and in-laws that live in Florida and they don’t agree with Trumpers that their state is failing

There are briefers  who live in Florida. Do you think your state is failing?
My state is being intentionally killed. At least the part where I live, in the rural corners of upstate New York. And unlike the billionaire son of a billionaire, I don't have the connections or liquidity to just drop my only source of income—a job—and flee to another state.

Online LMAO

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2023, 03:25:06 am »
Not my favorite, but he's another I'd vote for before Trump.

I’m interested in hearing what he has to say

It’s a sad state for the Republican party when the  front runner is someone who has a history of donating to Democrats and has adopted many of their positions

Barry Goldwater