Author Topic: Poll: Vivek Ramaswamy Breaks into Double Digits in Republican Primary  (Read 3544 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Vivek Ramaswamy Breaks into Double Digits in Republican Primary

Hannah Bleau4 Jul 202315
2:32

Anti-woke businessman Vivek Ramaswamy broke into double digits in the Republican primary race, the latest Echelon Insights survey found.

Similar to other national surveys, the poll finds former President Donald Trump with a strong lead in the primary race at 49 percent support. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis falls 33 points behind with 16 percent support. Ramaswamy comes in a close third place at ten percent support, just six points behind DeSantis, making him the only other candidate to break into double-digit territory.

No other candidate comes close to double digits, as former Vice President Mike Pence and former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley tie with five percent support. South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott sees four percent support, followed by former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie with two percent and North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum and Miami Mayor Francis Suarez, both of whom garner one percent support.

It appears Ramaswamy comes in third place in battleground states as well. Trump leads in battleground states with a majority of support, 56 percent, followed by DeSantis with 22 percent support and Ramaswamy with seven percent.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2023/07/04/poll-vivek-ramaswamy-breaks-into-double-digits-in-republican-primary/

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1676058638140559361
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

If this poll is accurate, and these polls are all over the map, it may show the GOP primary fight is more dynamic than we are led to believe

I like what this fella has been saying for the most part. I wish he had a solid record to back it up
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

Ramsy (shortened for ease, not to offend) IMHO is another Obammy and just as dangerous to our Republic.  Nothing is truly known about him and he has emerged out of nowhere.  Neither of his parents are U.S. citizens.  So, in my books, he is NOT eligible to be a presidential candidate.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

Neither of his parents are U.S. citizens.  So, in my books, he is NOT eligible to be a presidential candidate.

There seems to be some disagreement between your books and the US Constitution.  Vivek was born a US citizen and has live his entire life in the US as a US citizen.  No State would have any legal basis leaving him off the ballot because of where his parents were born.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
What I REALLY like about him...his quickness and clarity on his feet in front of a camera.

That is truly a gift in our American Idol , er TIK-TOK culture.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

What I REALLY like about him...his quickness and clarity on his feet in front of a camera.

That is truly a gift in our American Idol , er TIK-TOK culture.

Reminds me of Ben Shapiro.  I would gladly vote for Ramaswamy.  Not any government bureaucracy experience.  But unlike Trump, he has been deeply vested in identifying the failures of Democrat policies for years now.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

Reminds me of Ben Shapiro.  I would gladly vote for Ramaswamy.  Not any government bureaucracy experience.  But unlike Trump, he has been deeply vested in identifying the failures of Democrat policies for years now.

Yes, exactly like Shapiro. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Did they poll those below the age of 25?  Because this guy advocates not letting them vote.

Online DCPatriot

Did they poll those below the age of 25?  Because this guy advocates not letting them vote.

He taking Churchill literally "...and if you're still a liberal at 27 you have no brain"

Offline Hoodat

He taking Churchill literally "...and if you're still a liberal at 27 you have no brain"

According to Churchill, at the age of 15, I had no heart.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

Re: Poll: Vivek Ramaswamy Breaks into Double Digits in Republican Primary
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2023, 07:42:50 pm »
According to Churchill, at the age of 15, I had no heart.

Wasn't sure what ages he used in the quote.

At 15, weren't we both leaning on 'emotion' when being preached to by TPTB?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2023, 07:53:05 pm »

The right to vote shouldn't be dependent upon whether or not you agree with certain political views.

He'd be absolutely toxic on any ticket for that reason.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2023, 08:23:27 pm »
Mr. DeSantis has already taken himself out of the running to be Mr. Trump's VP candidate.

At the rate he's going, Mr. Ramaswamy might get that nod instead.

He may even pass Mr. DeSantis in the polls to take over the "2nd place spot".

I'm thinking that even as he ascends, Mr. Ramaswamy is going to tread lightly on Mr. Trump. He knows that he has no chance to overtake Trump, so he'll use his candidacy as a vehicle to speak his mind and accrue props and see where that takes him into the Republican convention...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2023, 08:29:25 pm »
Mr. DeSantis has already taken himself out of the running to be Mr. Trump's VP candidate.

The Twelfth Amendment already did that.  Not sure why Trump zealots keep pushing this same false bullshit narrative.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2023, 08:36:02 pm »
We'll know for sure when the usual suspect shows up to smear him.

Otherwise, mere kabuki. He'll rise, knock DeSantis out of the running, then there will be a mysterious draft candidate who will steal Vivek's thunder and will themselves flame out before Iowa, clearing the way for The King.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2023, 08:37:40 pm »

I'm thinking that even as he ascends, Mr. Ramaswamy is going to tread lightly on Mr. Trump. He knows that he has no chance to overtake Trump, so he'll use his candidacy as a vehicle to speak his mind and accrue props and see where that takes him into the Republican convention...

He's very young.  Has decades to become POTUS.

Right now, he's going for name recognition, building his brand.  He would definitely have a place in a GOP cabinet.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2023, 09:40:35 pm »

@Fishrrman

I would like to know a little more about him before I become a supporter,but he MIGHT be a good fit in Trump's VP spot.

I do know I would like to find out more.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2023, 10:58:47 pm »
There seems to be some disagreement between your books and the US Constitution.  Vivek was born a US citizen and has live his entire life in the US as a US citizen.  No State would have any legal basis leaving him off the ballot because of where his parents were born.

Being born a U.S. citizen is not the standard. Being born a citizen without the aid of any legislative act ever devised is the standard.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2023, 12:01:59 am »
Being born a U.S. citizen is not the standard. Being born a citizen without the aid of any legislative act ever devised is the standard.
???

Legislative acts determine citizenship for all Americans. Whether it's the 14th Amendment or other acts of Congress.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2023, 12:45:33 am »
???

Legislative acts determine citizenship for all Americans. Whether it's the 14th Amendment or other acts of Congress.

Bzzzz! Wrong! I was born on U.S. soil of parents who were citizens when I was born so no legislation required. I am a Natural Born Citizen.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2023, 02:18:37 pm »

Are you counting the 14th Amendment as a "legislative act?"

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2023, 03:12:43 pm »
Are you counting the 14th Amendment as a "legislative act?"

Yes! What else would it be?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2023, 04:17:01 pm »
Yes! What else would it be?

Thought so - I was just checking because you also said:

Being born a citizen without the aid of any legislative act ever devised is the standard.

But if the 14th Amendment is a "legislative act", then the Constitution itself is a "legislative act", in which case the entire "natural born citizen" argument you're making is without any basis either because it was only established by a "legislative act."

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2023, 04:23:16 pm »

But if the 14th Amendment is a "legislative act", then the Constitution itself is a "legislative act", in which case the entire "natural born citizen" argument you're making is without any basis either because it was only established by a "legislative act."

THAT is a HUGE load of Bovine Fecal Matter and you know it!

The 14th amendment was created by legislation and the debates surrounding it are recorded in the Congressional Globe.

Passed by the Senate on June 8, 1866, and ratified two years later, on July 9, 1868...

https://www.senate.gov/about/origins-foundations/senate-and-constitution/14th-amendment.htm#:~:text=Passed%20by%20the%20Senate%20on,laws%2C%E2%80%9D%20extending%20the%20provisions%20of
[/size]
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 04:44:30 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2023, 04:44:11 pm »

:thumbsup: