Author Topic: Poll: Vivek Ramaswamy Breaks into Double Digits in Republican Primary  (Read 3548 times)

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Poll: Vivek Ramaswamy Breaks into Double Digits in Republican Primary
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2023, 03:55:23 pm »
What I REALLY like about him...his quickness and clarity on his feet in front of a camera.

That is truly a gift in our American Idol , er TIK-TOK culture.

He seems a little too quick, if you know what I mean. I don't dislike what he says, but the built-in bullsh*t detector in this marketing professor goes off whenever he talks.

If he is polling at 10 percent, that is bad news for RDS. Ramaswamy is certain to endorse Trump in the end.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2023, 03:59:20 pm »
He seems a little too quick, if you know what I mean. I don't dislike what he says, but the built-in bullsh*t detector in this marketing professor goes off whenever he talks.

If he is polling at 10 percent, that is bad news for RDS. Ramaswamy is certain to endorse Trump in the end.

He strikes me as a very sharp guy intellectually who sees everything in absolute black and whites, and with no understanding of how what he says is perceived.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2023, 04:01:02 pm »
Why are so many fighting tooth and nail to weaken one of the most devinely inspired protections of US sovereignty in the Constitution ----- the NBC requirement for POTUS? 

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2023, 04:02:09 pm »
But did he pass the "Gus Test"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x6qBPWUSS0
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online LMAO

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2023, 04:03:53 pm »
So……

Is this guy eligible to be president or not?  :shrug:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2023, 04:04:04 pm »
There is enough precedent for questionable candidates meeting the threshold of "Natural Born Citizen" that I doubt any challenge of Vivek Ramaswamy would get anywhere. If Barack Obama, John McCain and Ted Cruz all qualified, then so does Vivek Ramaswamy. It may not have been fully litigated, but it would be a waste of time to litigate it now.

It's enough to know the facts of his birth. In a Democracy, the people can weigh whether it matters or not, which is as it should be.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2023, 04:13:36 pm »
Before getting into these, I have a question.

Have you actually read those cases yourself, or are you just cutting and pasting what someone else isolated from those cases without having read the cases yourself?  Because while all of them are misleading to cite the way you have, one of them is ridiculously so, and actually cuts the opposite of the argument you are making.

:thumbsup:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2023, 05:10:35 pm »
See you in court counselor!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2023, 05:20:48 pm »
There is enough precedent for questionable candidates meeting the threshold of "Natural Born Citizen" that I doubt any challenge of Vivek Ramaswamy would get anywhere. If Barack Obama, John McCain and Ted Cruz all qualified, then so does Vivek Ramaswamy. It may not have been fully litigated, but it would be a waste of time to litigate it now.

It's enough to know the facts of his birth. In a Democracy, the people can weigh whether it matters or not, which is as it should be.

We have been bitten in the @$$, and are still paying for it, because Barack Husein Obama was allowed to run for president, and I predict that we haven't seen anything yet if we continue down that path @massadvj I'm going to be fighting for the constitution for as long as I remain alive.

I personally like what Ramaswamy is saying, speaking my language all the time, but I simply cannot vote for him in a presidential primary. If he somehow becomes the Republican nominee and my only other choice is Bidet or his replacement in November, I surely will vote for him. Not that it will matter much because no republican will ever win again if the wholesale cheating icontinues.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 06:21:34 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2023, 07:06:18 pm »
He stri.kes me as a very sharp guy intellectually who sees everything in absolute black and whites, and with no understanding of how what he says is perceived.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Which,sadly,means he would make a first-class assistant or advisor to a corporation head or a senior politician,but unfit for the job himself.

Politics really IS "the art of compromise".

It's just a damn shame that currently the right is doing all the compromising,and the left  is not giving in on anything.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2023, 07:17:50 pm »
See you in court counselor!

I take that as a "no".  Fair enough.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2023, 07:19:31 pm »
We have been bitten in the @$$, and are still paying for it, because Barack Husein Obama was allowed to run for president

Obama was allowed to run by all 50 States, and not a single person on our side did a thing to block it.  Even worse, many on our side crossed over and voted for Obama in the Dem primaries to block Hillary, thinking that an Obama ticket was unwinnable.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2023, 07:23:11 pm »
Obama was allowed to run by all 50 States, and not a single person on our side did a thing to block it.  Even worse, many on our side crossed over and voted for Obama in the Dem primaries to block Hillary, thinking that an Obama ticket was unwinnable.

Obama's eligibity was challenged several times, and all such challenges lost.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2023, 07:41:57 pm »
I take that as a "no".  Fair enough.

Take it any way you like. I don't care.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2023, 07:43:16 pm »
Obama's eligibity was challenged several times, and all such challenges lost.

For lack of standing. Not one hearing on merits.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2023, 07:44:33 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Which,sadly,means he would make a first-class assistant or advisor to a corporation head or a senior politician,but unfit for the job himself.

Politics really IS "the art of compromise".

It's just a damn shame that currently the right is doing all the compromising,and the left  is not giving in on anything.

His ridiculously stupid proposal to raise the voting age to 25 was just...dumb beyond belief on multiple levels.   Making six months of military service enough to get voting rights shows you have absolutely zero understanding of military service, and (even worse) didn't talk to anyone who does before you made that proposal.   He's all theory with no understanding of practical realities.  A truly horrible combination.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2023, 07:54:09 pm »
For lack of standing. Not one hearing on merits.

Not true.  Ankeny v. Governor (Indiana, 2009):  https://caselaw.findlaw.com/court/in-court-of-appeals/1501011.html

Based upon the language of Article II, Section 1, Clause 4 and the guidance provided by Wong Kim Ark, we conclude that persons born within the borders of the United States are “natural born Citizens” for Article II, Section 1 purposes, regardless of the citizenship of their parents.

Obama was born in Hawaii, after it had been admitted as a state, so he was born within the borders of the United States and was therefore a natural born citizen.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2023, 09:13:21 pm »
Not true.  Ankeny v. Governor (Indiana, 2009):  https://caselaw.findlaw.com/court/in-court-of-appeals/1501011.html

There's a great discussion of the federal caselaw, including SCOTUS opinions in there, and specifically including why Minor v. Happersett, which is very typically cited by birthers as proof that the Supreme Court requires two citizen parents for a "natural born citizen" actually says nothing of the sort.  In fact, the Supreme Court in that case expressly stated that it was not deciding that issue.  Doesn't stop the birthers from quoting only the first part of the relevant paragraph, but deliberately admitting the part of that Supreme Court decision that then presents the opposing view, and ends by saying "For the purposes of this case it is not necessary to solve these doubts."  Because why quote a whole paragraph when you can mislead people by quoting only the first part of it?

Anyone wanting to read up this, that case cited by @Kamaji is a very good one.

That case you cited also points out the absolute primary of English common law, how it is the presumed backdrop of all colonial/American law, and therefore why the English view of who is a natural born citizen" so clearly trumps that of some Swiss guy.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 09:54:01 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online libertybele

« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2023, 09:35:30 pm »
Eligible or not, there is just not enough background information on him. His parents weren't born here (obviously) and so their backgrounds can't be verified leaving Ramsy's background the only canvas that can be researched and I've tried .... there's isn't a whole lot other than his education and affiliation with Soros.

He obviously has no voting record and he has suddenly emerged out of nowhere just like O'bammy.  Great speaker and says to people what they want to hear, but there is really no way to check his record.

No thank you.  I won't vote for him.  Not enough information on him to truly assess what he's saying is true and he could just be another snake oil salesman.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2023, 10:13:03 pm »
Enjoy life in the USA when the son of an Iranian Mullah, Palestinian terrorist, Colombian drug lord, or any of the many other possibilities, sits in the Whitehouse one day soon since, according to some here, our constitution has been rendered meaningless.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2023, 10:41:26 pm »
Eligible or not, there is just not enough background information on him.

I agree.  Without any kind of a real track record, he could just be playing conservatives.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2023, 10:45:08 pm »
Enjoy life in the USA when the son of an Iranian Mullah, Palestinian terrorist, Colombian drug lord, or any of the many other possibilities, sits in the Whitehouse one day soon since, according to some here, our constitution has been rendered meaningless.

That could still happen even under your scenario.  The only difference is whether or not those nefarious parents happen to have been naturalized before of after their child is born in the U.S..

Ultimately, we have to count on the voters to decide who is fit, and who is not.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2023, 11:04:10 pm »

Except for that pesky Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 of the US Constitution. 

If you're willing to let voters decide if this matters, how about we do the same for the 2nd Amendment?  Or better yet, how about we let the voters decide if the whole damn document matters or not?   After all, this is a "Democracy" (your word).

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2023, 11:11:53 pm »
That could still happen even under your scenario.  The only difference is whether or not those nefarious parents happen to have been naturalized before of after their child is born in the U.S..

Ultimately, we have to count on the voters to decide who is fit, and who is not.

Agreed.  However, my faith in the voters has been at its nadir for quite a while now.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2023, 11:25:14 pm »
Except for that pesky Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 of the US Constitution.

You mean the part that never mentions a requirement of having two citizens parents?

Thought so.