Author Topic: 2 arrested after people seen stomping, dancing on cars for hours near Lakeview CTA station  (Read 141 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
2 arrested after people seen stomping, dancing on cars for hours near Lakeview CTA station
Alderman said similar incident happened after Chicago Pride Parade last year

ByLeah Hope and Stephanie Wade WLS logo
Tuesday, June 27, 2023 7:21PM

CPD arrested 2 after people were seen stomping and dancing on cars near the Chicago Belmont Red Line stop in Lakeview.

CHICAGO (WLS) -- People were seen stomping and dancing on cars Monday night into Tuesday morning in Chicago's Lakeview neighborhood.

The scene unfolded near the Belmont Red Line stop. Belmont Avenue was shut down for hours as hundreds blocked the street.

"I came out of my show, and I looked down the street, and there was just a mob," said Dominic Rescigno, whose car was damaged.

Rescigno was performing improv at a nearby theatre, when he saw the large crowds begin to gather around 9:30 p.m., preventing him from reaching his car.

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-belmont-red-line-news-police/13433104/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson