Author Topic: Machete-wielding NYC professor who allegedly threatened NY Post reporter gets court date  (Read 192 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Published June 26, 2023 7:54pm EDT
Machete-wielding NYC professor who allegedly threatened NY Post reporter gets court date
Shellyne Rodriguez says she's the real victim and that the entire episode has taken a toll on her mental health
Bradford BetzBy Bradford Betz | Fox News

The District Attorney’s Office in the Bronx has set a disposition date for Shellyne Rodriguez, a machete-wielding New York City professor who allegedly threatened to "chop up" a New York Post reporter, Fox News Digital has learned.

A spokeswoman for the DA’s office said a status hearing was held Monday to confirm that the DA’s office was in compliance with all the discoveries and evidence in the case.

The spokeswoman confirmed that everything was satisfactory and the date of Aug. 14, 2023, was set for a possible disposition.

The court also extended the order of protection until at least that date for the reporter, Ruven Fenton, and the photographer, Robert Miller, who were involved in the alleged machete incident.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/machete-wielding-nyc-professor-who-allegedly-threatened-ny-post-reporter-gets-court-date
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Shellyne Rodriguez says she's the real victim and that the entire episode has taken a toll on her mental health

I would say her "mental health" was already pretty shaky.  :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji