Author Topic: Ron DeSantis border plan unveiled: End to birthright citizenship, US troops to operate in Mexico and  (Read 1197 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Ron DeSantis border plan unveiled: End to birthright citizenship, US troops to operate in Mexico and promise to finish wall
By MaryAnn Martinez   
June 26, 2023 5:22pm

While visiting the US-Mexico border, Republican presidential hopeful Ron DeSantis released his border security plan which calls for an end of birthright citizenship and for him to be able to send the US military into Mexico if necessary.

“Joe Biden has failed to meet the most basic responsibility of ensuring the territorial integrity of our country,” Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said as his plan was unveiled in Texas.

“Biden’s gross dereliction of duty has left the southern border in shambles.”

The plan, which mirrors many immigration talking points laid out by other Republicans, including GOP rival Donald Trump, also promised to finish the border wall — which no US president has been able to do.

In a plan of action called “No excuses: stop the invasion,” DeSantis laid out what he hopes to accomplish if he were to become president, including ending the legal right of all children born on US soil to become citizens under the 14th Amendment of the Constitution.

In a DeSantis presidency, children of illegal immigrants would not automatically qualify as Americans.

“Dangling the prize of citizenship to the future offspring of illegal immigrants is a major driver of illegal migration,” the plan reads.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/06/26/desantis-border-plan-borrows-from-trump-texas-governor/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Sounds like a plan!!   :beer:  Everything that he has laid out is great and if elected, we all know he's going to have a battle on his hand --- unless he's fortunate enough to have a majority in both Houses.  Even at that, we have a SCOTUS that IMO leans liberal.

This is a very conservative candidate and I am hoping that there are enough conservatives voting to seat him in the WH.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Well,

He can’t just send troops into Mexico and he can’t end birthright citizenship

Just enforce the laws already on the books that deal with immigration, both legal and illegal
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
He left out one thing I'd add to any immigration reform plan....and that's to end the destructive practice of chain migration.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
He left out one thing I'd add to any immigration reform plan....and that's to end the destructive practice of chain migration.

:yowsa:  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Well,

Just enforce the laws already on the books that deal with immigration, both legal and illegal

Why can't he send troops into Mexico?  Hello?  ILLEGALS are invading our country!  An invasion is actually a declaration of war.

As for the birthright citizenship, yes that would be difficult, but not impossible.  Certainly it would be challenged and eventually head to SCOTUS where they would have to rule.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Well,

Like hell he can't! The only thing that would stop him is a lack of courage!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sounds like a plan!!   :beer:  Everything that he has laid out is great.

Ron DeSantis is a plagerist on par with Joe Biden.  Trust him at your peril.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 02:45:43 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Couldn't have said it better myself ...

"Ron DeSantis was a big fan of Trump’s immigration policies" (Video)

https://twitter.com/TAftermath2020/status/1673337366033973248

« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 03:01:11 am by Right_in_Virginia »

"ICYMI: President Donald J. Trump's Plan to Destroy the Drug Cartels" (Video)

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/1673335143291928576

« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 03:25:54 am by Right_in_Virginia »

"On Day One, President Trump will REINSTATE his incredibly successful border policies, including:

➡️ Safe Third Agreements
➡️ Remain in Mexico
➡️ Asylum Bans
➡️ Building More Border Wall
➡️ Prosecuting Illegal Aliens" (Video)

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/1672794052331450368

Stephen Miller
@StephenM

A few important points on President Trump’s immigration and sovereignty plan:

1. Safe 3rds are a silver bullet few appreciate. Trump’s Safe 3rd agreements were revolutionary. Under federal law, an alien is *categorically* ineligible for asylum if an applicable Safe 3rd agreement is in place. So the alien’s only choices are to immediately a) go home b) go to third nation. There is no other option.

One of our key insights in the Trump Admin was that the objective must be to deport the alien as fast as possible from Border Patrol custody. Once an alien is in long-term ICE detention it becomes a legal labyrinth with a hundred ways to slow removal. Send them home immediately using Safe Thirds.

2. Ending the UAC crisis. In 2020, using Title 42, we reunited UAC with their families in their home nations. Numbers fell to staggering lows. Once UAC are put through the corrupt HHS trafficking pipeline it’s too late. Title 42 is the humane, effective solution.

3. Alien Enemies Act. This law, enacted in 1798 by John Adams, gives the President broad power to remove aliens during an incursion or invasion. This is an exceptionally powerful tool to remove the cartel element from the United States, and the next logical step following the application of other long-dormant immigration statutes.

4. Prosecution. Illegal immigration is a crime. So, of course, is harboring and smuggling. Trump set an all-time record on immigration prosecutions. This is a key part of any deterrence framework.

5. Securing the legal system. President Trump repeatedly used 212(f) to deny visas, green cards or other forms of lawful entry to those who undermined our national interest. Using sections 212(f), 212(a)(3)(D) and 316(a)(3) of the INA, President Trump can keep those with communist beliefs of sympathies from entering into, or being naturalized within, the United States.

10:44 AM · Jun 26, 2023

MAGA War Room
@MAGAIncWarRoom

Stephen Miller on President Trump:

"He sealed the border in the face of domestic legal and political and international opposition on a scale that defies description.   

Whereas presidents of both parties before him laid down the welcome mat for global mass migration he banned travel from unsafe nations; ended refugee pipelines; suspended whole immigration programs; marshaled state power to stop visa overstays; restored consular affairs to a mission in defense of America not in support of foreign nationals; rewrote the foreign affairs manual to protect our interests; issued arguably the most important domestic regulation in history (public charge); and instituted the most comprehensive sovereign deportation strategy ever developed to end catch-and-release both at and between our ports, and across the whole US, to repatriate nationals to scores of countries across the globe — defeating a deep state and a leftwing judicial state that was hellbent on thwarting his each and every move."

10:27 AM · Jun 26, 2023

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Well,

Yeah, that's actually the kind of rah-rah crap that'll never happen I'd expect out of Trump, not DeSantis.  Disappointing.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

The Supreme Court right on down would stop it cold.  You wanna end birthright citizenship, amend the 14th Amendment.  Otherwise, the clear language is plain as day.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
The Supreme Court right on down would stop it cold.  You wanna end birthright citizenship, amend the 14th Amendment.  Otherwise, the clear language is plain as day.

I don't think the language is that clear, but yeah, an amendment probable is required. The amendment should of been removed/modified a hundred years ago.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 04:00:38 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Border residents hooked after hearing DeSantis plan to stop illegal immigration: 'The man is very sincere'
by Anna Giaritelli, Homeland Security Reporter |
 June 27, 2023 04:00 AM

EAGLE PASS, Texas — Residents in a border town grappling with sustained illegal immigration and community releases eagerly welcomed 2024 Republican presidential candidate Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) for a visit Monday.

The second-term Florida governor made a stop in a remote part of the state in south-central Texas Monday morning, where townspeople were optimistic that he could maintain control of the border.

"Governor DeSantis promised that action will be taken when he wins the presidential election," said Alison Anderson, a resident of the nearby border town Del Rio. "And for me, seeing action being taken against the cartels, the smugglers, the trafficking, the gotaways, and the relentless lawlessness that is happening along our southern border and throughout border communities is something I can certainly stand behind and support."

DeSantis used the stop to make a major policy announcement and rolled out his border security plan while speaking to residents at the local VFW Hall. The trip to a border town marked his second after his stop in Arizona earlier in June and now outranks President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris, who have each been to the border once.

Residents in Eagle Pass, a town of roughly 30,000, believed DeSantis's stop was a genuine attempt to hear their concerns and put forth plans to fix them.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/border-residents-hooked-desantis-plan-illegal-immigration
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I have a pretty good amount of faith in DeSantis' ability to understand the core legal issues and support appropriate legislation. I have zero faith that Trump does.

One thing that would need to happen would be to amend existing legislation on the right of the President to grant waivers because it is far too easily abused.  The numerical limits have to be real.

I'd also make any grants of asylum have a negative repercussion. For example, any grant of asylum would reduce, on a one for one basis, any otherwise legal immigration from that same country. That would prevent asylum from being used strategically as a tool to increase overall immigration.

Offline Kamaji

I have a pretty good amount of faith in DeSantis' ability to understand the core legal issues and support appropriate legislation. I have zero faith that Trump does.

One thing that would need to happen would be to amend existing legislation on the right of the President to grant waivers because it is far too easily abused.  The numerical limits have to be real.

I'd also make any grants of asylum have a negative repercussion. For example, any grant of asylum would reduce, on a one for one basis, any otherwise legal immigration from that same country. That would prevent asylum from being used strategically as a tool to increase overall immigration.

:thumbsup:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
At some point, the only way to stop them from coming will be to start shooting.
Failing that, nothing else will work.
Nothing else will dissuade them from trying to cross the line...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 09:23:05 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
At some point, the only way to stop them from coming will be to start shooting.
Failing that, nothing else will work.
Nothing else will dissuade them from trying to cross the line...
Minefields, dogs, poison gas, death rays...there are lots of ways without firing a shot.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline MOD3

Offline LMAO

So Mexico would be cool with a President DeSantis sending troops into their country?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy