Author Topic: Florida's largest police union endorses DeSantis after supporting Trump in 2020  (Read 941 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The 1st of many more DeSantis endorsements to come. 

:beer:

FIRST ON FOX: The largest police union in the state of Florida announced Monday that it is backing Gov. Ron DeSantis for president after previously supporting former President Trump.

In a press release announcing the presidential endorsement, Florida Police Benevolent Association President John Kazanjian called DeSantis the "most effective governor in the nation" who will "make public safety a top priority in the White House."

"In major cities and communities across America, many Americans are grappling with increased crime rates that not only jeopardize public safety, but also threaten the quality of life in their communities," Kazanjian said. "The ideological experiment of defunding the police and scapegoating law enforcement for America’s social problems has failed."

Kazanjian called DeSantis the "one candidate for president who has a proven track record in enhancing public safety and investing in the essential men and women who help maintain public safety every day.

"For the over 30,000 men and women in the Florida Police Benevolent Association, the choice for us could not be clearer," he said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/floridas-largest-police-union-endorses-desantis-after-supporting-trump-in-2020-choice-could-not-be-clearer

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Offline libertybele

WIN!!!   happy77 :police: :patriot:

Kazanjian called DeSantis the "one candidate for president who has a proven track record in enhancing public safety and investing in the essential men and women who help maintain public safety every day.

"For the over 30,000 men and women in the Florida Police Benevolent Association, the choice for us could not be clearer," he said.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

And there I thought @Right_in_Virginia said DeSantis was DOA.  Guess she's clueless.  happy77

Union membership remains squarely and firmly with President Trump.

BTW, I never said DeDaSantis is "DOA".  He never made it that far.

Offline libertybele

And there I thought @Right_in_Virginia said DeSantis was DOA.  Guess she's clueless.  happy77

??? No need to really take aim at her personally, but IMHO Trump and his supporters definitely see DeSantis as a threat and rightfully so.  They are lashing out Trump-style.

I've talked to a few Trump supporters in my neighborhood and they believe that they are going to lock him up. I tend to agree.

Silence from Haley and Scott. The only one that seems to be flapping his jaws is the Jelly Doughnut Boy.  happy77

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

IMHO Trump and his supporters definitely see DeSantis as a threat and rightfully so.  They are lashing out Trump-style.

Trump's supporters see DeSantis as a fraud, an opportunist and a deep state tool.  Ignore what they say, if it upsets you.  Just don't miss how they vote.

Offline corbe

Chip Roy (R-TX) is already on board.  Ted Cruz soon to follow.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Quote from: article
In a press release announcing the presidential endorsement, Florida Police Benevolent Association President John Kazanjian called DeSantis the "most effective governor in the nation" who will "make public safety a top priority in the White House."

Would be nice to have someone in office that doesn't end up inadvertently helping paint targets on the police (that the left so willingly wants to) because he is so hated. The left will keep trying of course, no matter who is elected, but no use throwing gasoline when a blanket will work.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline libertybele

Chip Roy (R-TX) is already on board.  Ted Cruz soon to follow.

I hope so.  Ted would make an excellent AG and help drain that swamp. 

Ted Cruz soon to follow.

Not if he plans on being reelected to the Senate in 2024.  He's learned his lesson.

Offline corbe

Not if he plans on being reelected to the Senate in 2024.  He's learned his lesson.

Unlike Trump, Cruz will do what's right for this Country, not what's right for him.  Besides US Senate is 'Small Fry' compared to AG and eventual USSC Justice in a DeSantis Administration.

https://twitter.com/TheGloriousA/status/1673317224025579520
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Trump's supporters see DeSantis as a fraud, an opportunist and a deep state tool.  Ignore what they say, if it upsets you.  Just don't miss how they vote.

You don't speak for all Trump supporters any more than any of us here speak for all Trump opponents.  I personally know people who still support Trump in the primary but are okay with DeSantis as an alternative.  How many Trump supporters are also "Never DeSantis" types is unknown by anyone.

Offline Kamaji

You don't speak for all Trump supporters any more than any of us here speak for all Trump opponents.  I personally know people who still support Trump in the primary but are okay with DeSantis as an alternative.  How many Trump supporters are also "Never DeSantis" types is unknown by anyone.

Considering that Trump's supporters are, for the most part, deluded fools worshipping a cult of personality around the Orange Buffoon, their views on DeSantis are about as relevant as the views of the flat earthers on orbital mechanics.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Considering that Trump's supporters are, for the most part, deluded fools worshipping a cult of personality around the Orange Buffoon, their views on DeSantis are about as relevant as the views of the flat earthers on orbital mechanics.

Well, that kind of depends on how you define "Trump supporters", doesn't it?  I mean, there are some for whom Trump's statement about how he could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue, shoot someone, and not lose any supporters (which is one hell of a condescending insult to those supporters, but whatever....) is true.  But then there are some other people who are not that delusional.  I mean, I was a "Trump supporter" in that I voted for him in 2016 and 2020, but I was never that over the top smitten by him, and now have morphed into someone who wouldn't vote for him period.  So it is kind of a continuum.

Offline LMAO

Well, that kind of depends on how you define "Trump supporters", doesn't it?  I mean, there are some for whom Trump's statement about how he could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue, shoot someone, and not lose any supporters (which is one hell of a condescending insult to those supporters, but whatever....) is true.  But then there are some other people who are not that delusional.  I mean, I was a "Trump supporter" in that I voted for him in 2016 and 2020, but I was never that over the top smitten by him, and now have morphed into someone who wouldn't vote for him period.  So it is kind of a continuum.

There does seem to be a certain near worship type following when it comes to Donald Trump. I’m not saying that applies to everybody that supports him and will vote for him if he’s the nominee. But if you look at some of the language they use, they believe that they are on a great crusade to save the country with Donald Trump leading the way. The problem they have is none of this great crusade took place from 2017 to 2021. But, as they try to assure us, a second term will be way different.

I first saw this with Obama supporters and it intensified in 2016 with Donald Trump and it is happening again in 2024. 

I’ve seen posts that he will do whatever it takes to make America so great because he cares more about being written about positively in the history books than anything else. Well, no president wants to go in the history books as the president who oversaw the downfall of the country

There’s also a belief they have of Trump can do no wrong. A while ago, I ask a poster if Donald Trump bears ANY responsibility for some of the trouble that he finds himself in and their answer was no.

So what  will they do if Donald Trump either doesn’t become the nominee or goes on to lose the general election again?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 12:10:29 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

True enough.  And I voted for him in 2016 and 2020 as well.  And, if he happens to be the GOP nominee in 2024 - God forbid - I will vote for him in 2024 as well.  However, I hope to God he is not the nominee, and I fully expect him to lose the 2024 general election if he is the nominee.

However, I believe the essence of my point still stands:  a substantial number of his current supporters are religiously fanatical about him - and would not reciprocate my position vis-a-vis voting for the eventual nominee no matter whom that is - and participate in a cult of personality.  That cult is represented even on this forum.

Offline LMAO

Union membership remains squarely and firmly with President Trump.

Evidence of that?

Do you have access to a survey that was taken with the rank and file police of this Florida police union that backs your claim?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Only in the deluded minds of people who think and act like Karine Jean Pierre and all the other Biden admin bots who constantly attempt to turn fiction into fact.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Considering that Trump's supporters are, for the most part, deluded fools worshipping a cult of personality .....

@Kamaji

ROFLMAO!

Look in a mirror,bubba!

Well,at least DeSanctimonious isn't rude,orange,and wealthy yet,right?

Although he is definitely working on the "rich" part.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Idiot

@Kamaji

ROFLMAO!

Look in a mirror,bubba!

Come on Pete, admit you like Trump because of his gold bathroom.  happy77
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 01:31:50 pm by Jack Russell »

Offline Kamaji

@Kamaji

ROFLMAO!

Look in a mirror,bubba!

@sneakypete

I knew you'd be along to prove my point.  Thanks.  You're a little late this morning; made extra burnt offerings at your Trump altar, did you?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Come on Pete, admit you like Trump because of his gold bathroom.  happy77

@Jack Russell

I would if I could,but the truth is I don't like him at all. I have posted here  on TBR that if his limo were to break down outside my house,I would make a call for a tow truck for him,but I wouldn't let him in my house.

I don't vote for candidates because  I like them,I vote for candidates because I think they are the best people for that job  that are running for it.

There has already been WAAAAY too much "kissy face" because the crooks we call our political leaders. What we need is a bomb thrower,not another "go along to get along SOB".

And Trump is the ONLY  candidate running that can't  be bought because he is already rich,and because there is NOTHING more important to him than his ego and the way he gets written about in the history  books.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

I knew you'd be along to prove my point.  Thanks.  You're a little late this morning; made extra burnt offerings at your Trump altar, did you?

@Kamaji

LOL!

Just because you are a "Fan boi" doesn't mean I am.

In FACT,I don't even like Trump and have been admitting that on TBR all along.

Offline LMAO

@Jack Russell

I would if I could,but the truth is I don't like him at all. I have posted here  on TBR that if his limo were to break down outside my house,I would make a call for a tow truck for him,but I wouldn't let him in my house.

So there’s no way in hell you would ever invite him into your own house but you have no problem putting him in charge of a nation?

There’s usually two reasons why people would not allow somebody in their house. One, they have a conflict with that person that’s unresolved and they want nothing to do with them. The second reason is they believe that person intense to cause some kind of harm. So which one applies to you that you would not allow Donald Trump to set foot in your own house?

« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 03:28:48 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So there’s no way in hell you would ever invite him into your own house but you have no problem putting him in charge of a nation?

There’s usually two reasons why people would not allow somebody in their house. One, they have a conflict with that person that’s unresolved and they want nothing to do with them. The second reason is they believe that person intense to cause some kind of harm. So which one applies to you that you would not allow Donald Trump to set foot in your own house?

@LMAO

How old are you,12?

GTFU,dude! This isn't about picking a bestie. It's about picking someone to run the nation.