Author Topic: EVEN AMERICA’S BEST SUBMARINES COULDN’T GET ANYWHERE NEAR THE MISSING TITANIC SUB  (Read 161 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EVEN AMERICA’S BEST SUBMARINES COULDN’T GET ANYWHERE NEAR THE MISSING TITANIC SUB
Alex Hollings | June 21, 2023

A massive search is underway in the North Atlantic for a civilian crewed submersible that went missing while attempting to explore the wreckage of the Titanic. Unfortunately, even if this submersible is located on the sea floor, the extreme depth of the ocean in the area it went missing would be far too much for even the U.S. Navy’s most advanced and capable nuclear-powered submarines.

On Sunday morning, the OceanGate Expeditions’ experimental submersible known as Titan was launched from the research ship Polar Prince for what was to be an expedition to the wreckage of the famed Titanic — which rests approximately 12,500 feet (3,800 meters) below the surface. Approximately one hour and 45 minutes after Titan’s launch, however, the Polar Prince lost contact with it and the submersible has not been heard from since.

With limited oxygen and CO2 scrubbers onboard, a race against time immediately began, with the U.S. Coast Guard using sonars to attempt to locate the sub below the surface and various aircraft scouring the surface itself.

Because of the design of this 21-foot submersible, the five occupants would still be trapped inside its air-tight cabin even if their vessel reaches the surface, making the hunt from the air just as essential as the search below. On Tuesday, it was reported that the sub had about 40 hours of air remaining.

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/even-americas-best-submarines-couldnt-get-anywhere-near-the-missing-titanic-sub/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The article is a bit elderly but it gives some interesting information about US subs.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
According to Joe Biden, people should own stuff equal-to or greater than the military has. /end Sarcasm
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline PeteS in CA

The OceanGate Expeditions Titan is believed to be stuck on the ocean floor some 12,500 feet down (3,800 meters), which is far deeper than most crewed and even uncrewed submersibles or submarines are capable of going.
America’s Los Angeles Class attack submarines have been in service since 1976 and have a reported maximum operating depth of 650 feet (200 m), though, in former Washington Post reporter Patrick Tyler’s book, Running Critical, which explores the secretive world of America’s submarine service, he claims these subs are actually capable of reaching as deep as 950 feet (290 m). According to Janes, these vessels can reach depths of up to 1,475 feet (450 m) before their structural integrity becomes compromised.
America’s Ohio class ballistic missile submarines have been in service since 1981 and have a reported maximum depth of 800 feet (243 m), though it’s been widely reported that they may actually be capable of reaching as far down as 1,500 feet (457 m) before their hulls become compromised.
America’s Virginia-Class attack submarines have been in service since 2000, and were designed to serve as a more affordable but still broadly capable alternative to the immensely expensive Seawolf class after the Cold War came to a close. These vessels have reportedly been tested to depths of 800 feet (240 m), but are reportedly actually capable of reaching as deep as 1,600 feet (490 m).
America’s massive Seawolf-class submarines may have entered service more than a quarter-century ago, but they remain among the most powerful, capable, and stealthy subs ever to set sail. With only three of these multi-billion dollar submarines built, Seawolf-class vessels have reportedly been tested as deep as 1,600 feet (490 m), but thanks to an outer hull comprised of two-inch-thich HY-100 steel alloy, these incredible hunter-killers have a reported crush depth of a whopping 3,000 feet (914 m).

The USN has long rated its submarines for a "test depth" significantly less than the "crush depth" (and probably padded that latter number). IIRC, the test depth for a WW2 Gato class boat was 250 feet, and for a Balao class boat 300 feet. For all its humor and shtick, the movie "Down Periscope" had realistic depth numbers. The submarine used for the movie was USS Pampanito, a Balao class boat with a distinguished combat record. The real life USS Stingray (the name used in the movie) was a Salmon class boat, SS-186, an older class than the Gato class, which preceded the Balao class. The hull number "SS161" in real life was the hull number assigned to S-50, commissioned in 1922, decommissioned in 1927, and scrapped in 1931.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.