Author Topic: We’re Still Arguing Over Women in the Military?  (Read 468 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
We’re Still Arguing Over Women in the Military?
« on: June 25, 2023, 05:39:00 pm »
We’re Still Arguing Over Women in the Military?
The U.S. armed forces need women, and suggestions to the contrary hurt recruiting and readiness.
EILEEN BJORKMAN | JUNE 12, 2023

Women in the military, especially aviators, have a lot to celebrate this year. It’s the 75th anniversary of the Women’s Armed Services Integration Act, which established a permanent presence for women in the U.S. military. It’s been three decades since female pilots, long limited to flying support aircraft, began training for combat roles. The Navy marked a half-century of female naval aviators with an all-woman flyover at the Super Bowl.

Women may now serve in all military career fields, both support and combat specialties, and they make up about 17.4 percent of the active-duty force, up seven-fold from 1973.

But even with opportunities for women in the military at an all-time high, I’m disheartened by the way some civilians, especially those who have never served, treat military women. For example, in March 2021, when the services debuted body armor sized for women and maternity flight suits to help women fly longer during pregnancy, Tucker Carlson mocked the new equipment that allowed women to do their jobs. Within hours, Carlson’s rant filled my Twitter feed, along with misogynistic comments—almost all of them from civilian men. More recently, Maj. Gen. Patrick Donahue ignited a Twitter feud that delayed his planned retirement from the army after he defended women in the military. These battles send a revolting message to young women who might be thinking about the military: You’re a joke.

https://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2023/06/were-still-arguing-over-women-military/387444/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: We’re Still Arguing Over Women in the Military?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2023, 05:40:02 pm »
Does the word women apply to trannies?   :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2023, 12:24:44 am »
Are we talking natural born women or ersatz?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2023, 05:42:08 am »
Women may now serve in all military career fields, both support and combat specialties,

@rangerrebew

I haven't seen or heard about any  with infantry  MOS's. I do,vaguely,remember reading something about a female Lt making it through Ranger School,but you will never convince me that  wasn't a "gimmee" for PC reasons that was ordered to happen by higher ups.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2023, 04:25:29 pm »
@rangerrebew

I haven't seen or heard about any  with infantry  MOS's. I do,vaguely,remember reading something about a female Lt making it through Ranger School,but you will never convince me that  wasn't a "gimmee" for PC reasons that was ordered to happen by higher ups.

You have to give up your old style thinking and realize there is no difference between men and women. 000hehehehe
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2023, 07:54:21 pm »
You have to give up your old style thinking and realize there is no difference between men and women. 000hehehehe

@rangerrebew

Uhhh,yeah.

Plan on doing that any day now.

Honest!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!