Author Topic: DeSantis: ‘We will build the wall. NO EXCUSES.’  (Read 1670 times)

Offline Kamaji

DeSantis: ‘We will build the wall. NO EXCUSES.’
« on: June 26, 2023, 01:20:26 pm »
DeSantis drops dark video on border crisis seeking contrast with Trump: ‘We will build the wall. NO EXCUSES.’

By Ryan King
June 25, 2023

Florida GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis previewed his border policy rollout in a dark video about the crisis, taking aim at rivals in an out of the White House.

The new spot, accentuated with thriller-movie music, appears to double as a sharp rebuke of President Biden’s immigration record and an implicit dig at former President Donald Trump’s failure to make good on his promises.

DeSantis will formally unveil his border security policy on Monday in Eagle Pass, Texas.

“We will secure the border. We will stop the cartels. We will build the wall. We will stop the invasion. NO EXCUSES. @RonDeSantis will get it done,” the DeSantis War Room tweeted alongside the video.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/25/desantis-drops-dark-video-on-border-crisis-seeking-contrast-with-trump-we-will-build-the-wall-no-excuses/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: DeSantis: ‘We will build the wall. NO EXCUSES.’
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2023, 04:26:04 pm »

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2023, 04:33:30 pm »
Couldn't have said it better myself ...

"Ron DeSantis was a big fan of Trump’s immigration policies" (Video)

https://twitter.com/TAftermath2020/status/1673337366033973248

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2023, 04:53:27 pm »
DeSantis Announces ‘BIG’ New Policy… But It’s Just ‘Build The Wall’.
The National Pulse, Jun 26, 2023

Republican presidential hopeful Ron DeSantis announced on Monday what was touted as a “big” new policy: Build The Wall.

It’s a moment observers are already lampooning as a direct rip-off of Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign slogan, with other Trump White House-era policies thrown in for good measure: “stop the invasion”, “hold the cartels accountable”, and the vague insistence that DeSantis will “work with states to enforce the law”.

The DeSantis border plan adds “no excuses” to the end of a tepid policy announcement video, with a pledge to go “beyond Trump.” But many of the proposals appear to be either carbon copies of Trump policies, including, the top bullet points on “end[ing] catch-and-release” and “reimpos[ing] Remain in Mexico.” The details are so similar that they could’ve been lifted directly from the Trump campaign website, which opens by stating that the former president will “again end catch-and-release [and] restore Remain in Mexico”. Other details also appear to be plagiarized from the 45th President.

Other details also appear to be plagiarized from the 45th President.

DeSantis pledges he will “declare the Mexican drug cartels to be Transnational Criminal Organizations” and “authorize sanctions” on them, while Trump has pledged to “designate cartels as Foreign Terrorist Organizations” and “impose a total naval embargo on cartels [and] order the Department of Defense to inflict maximum damage on cartel leadership and operations” to take them down “just as [the Trump administration] took down ISIS”.

"DeSantis is copying and pasting President Trump’s Agenda47 policy plan because he doesn’t have an original idea of his own,” Trump’s team scoffed on social media. The announcements were made in Eagle Pass, Texas, as the Florida Governor scrambles to breathe life into his faltering campaign.

https://thenationalpulse.com/2023/06/26/desantis-announces-big-new-policy-but-its-just-build-the-wall/

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2023, 04:56:44 pm »
Ron DeSantis was a big fan of Trump’s immigration policies.

And he'll have a much, much better chance of actually implementing them.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2023, 05:04:10 pm »

:thumbsup:

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2023, 06:57:58 pm »

Everything was implemented under Trump ---- hence the controlled borders.

DeDaSantis is a fraud ---- lacking independent thought and strategic acumen, totally reliant on plagerizing, mimicking,  lying and globalists.

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2023, 07:02:09 pm »

DeDaSantis is a fraud ---- lacking independent thought and strategic acumen, totally reliant on plagerizing, mimicking,  lying and globalists.

That may be true but at least he's not Orange, Rich and Rude.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2023, 07:02:45 pm »
   That may be true but at least he's not Orange, Rich and Rude.

:beer:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2023, 07:20:40 pm »
DeSantis WILL get things done.  I have no doubts.  He gets things done in FL and I believe he will overcome some hurdles in DC and get 'er done!!  :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2023, 07:24:58 pm »

Bullshit, on both accounts.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2023, 08:01:10 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

Yes,but PRIMARILY the purpose was to fill the US with illegal immigrants the left could register to vote,and then tell them they either vote for the Dim candidate and get to keep and enjoy their "free" housing,utilities,food,clothing,health  care AND a montly check,or go back to where they came from.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2023, 08:13:25 pm »

The border under Trump was certainly more secure than it is now, and for that he needs to be given some credit.  Remember the DEMS/Soros & Company are the ones that paid and paved the way for the caravans that began arriving during his administration.

Yes I do agree, a lot of b.s. is being flung around.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2023, 08:21:02 pm »
DeSantis WILL get things done.  I have no doubts. 

Jun 25, 2023:

"This was today, it happens everyday in South Florida. But the “governor” would rather visit the border in Texas, pretending that his state is perfect and none of this happens.". (Video)

https://twitter.com/MAGAoriginalist/status/1673141857994326016

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2023, 08:22:16 pm »
Yes I do agree, a lot of b.s. is being flung around.

By Ronnie DeDaSantis.

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2023, 08:23:41 pm »

Nope.  Deal with it.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2023, 11:13:31 pm »
Bele predicts:
"DeSantis WILL get things done.  I have no doubts."

Filibuster.
That settles that.

(do they have one in the Florida legislature???)

Online libertybele

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2023, 11:21:03 pm »
Bele predicts:
"DeSantis WILL get things done.  I have no doubts."

Filibuster.
That settles that.

(do they have one in the Florida legislature???)

So we'll just continue to pretend that Trump is superman and is going to save the day.  :pigs fly:

Obviously, we need a GOP majority in both the House and Senate, get rid of the RINO's and clean up the DOJ.

Nearly an absolutely impossible task if you ask me.

So, again -- back to the importance of getting as many conservative governors throughout the country as we can seated.  That's one reason I was hoping that DeSantis wasn't going to run for president.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2023, 11:21:26 pm »

For less than four years because he stood alone... Governing by EO is candy thrown by the clown at the front of the parade. Not 'strategic acumen'. Not a stitch of strategic acumen in sight.

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2023, 02:45:02 am »
For less than four years because he stood alone... Governing by EO is candy thrown by the clown at the front of the parade. Not 'strategic acumen'. Not a stitch of strategic acumen in sight.

Ron DeSantis is a plagerist on par with Joe Biden.  Trust him at your peril.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2023, 02:58:33 am »
Ron DeSantis is a plagerist on par with Joe Biden.  Trust him at your peril.

Quite the opposite according to his record... And hilarious from someone representing MAGA 'Make America Great Again' = Plagiarized without shame from Ronald Reagan's campaign.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2023, 03:26:00 am »
What do I think, to promise the wall is politician talk... one can talk the talk, Trump gave up when it came to funding and folded without even trying. How that much money could be allocated and not any "SOLID" for the wall is beyond me.

Without the wavos to veto a budget (and the RINO congressmen will fold probable first), I honestly don't see this promise as much more than political positioning.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2023, 03:44:21 am »

"If you get over my fence, we sign you up for the Olympics immediately"... Duncan Hunter...

Trump didn't invent anything as far as I can tell.

Duncan Hunter even did an ad where he walked by his double fence he had built in California... I still have the ad on my computer actually.

Trump nether stopped the illegal flow nor came close to doing so, it was rampant under Trump just like Biden... and Trump sure didn't send troops to stop the flow as he threatened (and folded from doing).

« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 03:46:59 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2023, 03:47:43 am »

Then where is that wall he promised us?

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2023, 03:51:19 am »
Then where is that wall he promised us?

With Mexico paying for it, remember.