Author Topic: Updated: submarine exploring Titanic wreckage disappears in Atlantic Ocean: Coast Guard  (Read 17210 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I dunno.  The folks following the Edmund Fitzgerald agree.  Maybe I notice because at the time it was a local story for me.

@Cyber Liberty

I dunno about that. Gordon Lightfoot  made the Edmund Fitzgerald an international issue when he came  out with the album that had that song on it.

And the song deserved every bit of the attention it  got. I can't imagine anyone  doing a better job of writing and performing a song about something as tragic as a shipwreck.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DB

So apparently the implosion was heard by the mother surface ship but they didn't want to tell anyone just in case it wasn't what they thought they heard and wanted people to search for it.

They've got some explaining to do...

What a waste of time and resources.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
So apparently the implosion was heard by the mother surface ship but they didn't want to tell anyone just in case it wasn't what they thought they heard and wanted people to search for it.

Apparently, the navy knew it as well.

https://twitter.com/Sprinter99880/status/1671999578294419456

Online mountaineer

A top secret U.S. Navy acoustic detection system designed to spot enemy submarines first heard the Titan sub implosion hours after the submersible began its mission.

https://twitter.com/JacquiHeinrich/status/1672003221223616513
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
@Gefn

One BIG movie.

Although,I confess that I would love to hear and see more about the Lusitania  and the Andrea Doria.

Come from a family of ocean fishermen,and even did some of it myself. My first job was as a deckhand on my uncle's 38 foot shrimp  boat. I was 13.

@roamer_1

I think there was also a Titanic movie made in the 50s? 60s?

I suppose you all are right about this. It’s like going to the Moon or Mars. As much as I’d like to explore space thr idea of dying like in the Challenger or like Gus Grissom. It’s a hard pass
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Lando Lincoln

I think the main thing is that the Titanic was advertised as unsinkable, but didn't survive one voyage.

Yep, maiden voyage, high-brow passengers. There was a lot to fascinate people.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online LMAO

So what of the reports that they could hear banging noises?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
A top secret U.S. Navy acoustic detection system designed to spot enemy submarines first heard the Titan sub implosion hours after the submersible began its mission.

https://twitter.com/JacquiHeinrich/status/1672003221223616513

So much for it being top secret.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Apparently, the navy knew it as well.

https://twitter.com/Sprinter99880/status/1671999578294419456

@massadvj

It doesn't really matter. The explosion could have  been heard on tv,and the Government would have still had to go there and search for survivors.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
...and the Coast Guard stood up there day after day giving updates when I am sure they knew too...

I want to know why they did this..to keep this in the news for 4 days...? :smokin:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
...and the Coast Guard stood up there day after day giving updates when I am sure they knew too...

I want to know why they did this..to keep this in the news for 4 days...? :smokin:

@mystery-ak

They did out out of respect for the families. You  do NOT tell a family a loved one has died until you have 100 percent verification they are dead.

Offline Kamaji

So much for it being top secret.

The existence of the system has been known for a while. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@mystery-ak

They did out out of respect for the families. You  do NOT tell a family a loved one has died until you have 100 percent verification they are dead.

I don't think that was the reason...If they knew there was an implosion the families should have been told instead of constantly reporting the *banging noises* giving all the families false hope for several days....sounds like they were intentionally lying to them.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
@roamer_1

I think there was also a Titanic movie made in the 50s? 60s?

I suppose you all are right about this. It’s like going to the Moon or Mars. As much as I’d like to explore space thr idea of dying like in the Challenger or like Gus Grissom. It’s a hard pass
Yes. A Night to Remember, which is generally considered the most accurate depiction to survive to the present day.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Night_to_Remember_(1958_film)

THE most accurate, however, probably goes to Saved from the Titanic, a now-lost silent film actually written by and starring one of the survivors of the disaster, reprising her role.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saved_from_the_Titanic
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
....and I thought it was just me....wow

https://twitter.com/LidiaNews/status/1672027364509855746

No.  They intentionally lied; helping to focus attention away from the Brandon regime.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Idiot

The movie 'Titanic' starring Leo DeCaprio and Kate Winslet was a major hit.  It brought about the fascination of a sunken ship.  I've seen the movie several times but I'm not so fascinated by it's sinking that I would want to go beneath to the depths of water that the wreckage is in.  Historians have been down to the area several times and there have been documentaries about it with very good quality pictures. I fail to see how one could be so fascinated by the wreckage to take such a risk and spend $250k as well.

Let the graveyard be left alone.
:amen:

Offline Polly Ticks

No wonder the Coast Guard knew exactly where to send the ROV 2.5 miles below and an area 2x size of Connecticut

Yeah, I kind of wondered about that, too.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

I dunno about that. Gordon Lightfoot  made the Edmund Fitzgerald an international issue when he came  out with the album that had that song on it.

And the song deserved every bit of the attention it  got. I can't imagine anyone  doing a better job of writing and performing a song about something as tragic as a shipwreck.

It was a local news story to me, and I was just getting started radio announcing.  This was months, at least, before the song.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If everyone didn't understand the kind of ruthlessness we have right now in DC, they do now.
The Republic is lost.

Offline NavyCanDo

At 2 miles down its a more hostile and deadly environment than the surface of Mars. Yet without any certification, a vessel can be built to take paying customers down there.  The life jacket you wear kayaking or your baby's car seat has more certification and multi tier level of authorization before they can be approved for use.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

Woke up this morning with this thought. What would I read first on social media? Someone claiming the exhaustive search is Racist? Or will it be a Qanon conspiracy  nut claiming it's all planned.   The Qanon nut won.   Wasn't on social media 5 min when found  such a comment.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
At 2 miles down its a more hostile and deadly environment than the surface of Mars. Yet without any certification, a vessel can be built to take paying customers down there.  The life jacket you wear kayaking or your baby's car seat has more certification and multi tier level of authorization before they can be approved for use.

It kind of gives me hope that maybe the free market is not dead after all.

There are probably barbers and hair dressers and handymen, and all kinds of other people out in the world doing things without "certification."  The people who do business with them know what they are getting into.  These people knew full well the risks of this particular adventure. It is a terrible tragedy, but it would be more of a tragedy if this resulted in new laws that stifled innovation and peoples' freedom to enter into contracts.

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-