Author Topic: Updated: submarine exploring Titanic wreckage disappears in Atlantic Ocean: Coast Guard  (Read 17027 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Just to give some perspective.

There are 144 square inches in a square foot. So a force of 5500 lbs per square inch is 792,000 lbs per square foot. 10 square feet is 100 times that...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
@Free Vulcan

I would THINK that the people monitoring the dive from the dive boat would have known  how deep they were when they  lost contact.

From my understanding they had no support team or monitoring. If they did it seemed minimal.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Square profile picture
BBC Breaking News
@BBCBreaking
·
9m
Titanic sub's "landing frame and a rear cover" among the debris found, dive expert and friend of passengers tells BBC https://bbc.in/3NpsdOF
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Coast Guard announces 3 p.m. ET press conference following 'debris field' discovery
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline DB

So an 11.5 foot square area with 5500 PSI on it would be the equivalent of the entire weight of the Titanic pressing against it...

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Great tag-lines @Bigun:beer:

If any Briefer had told me back in 2009 that in 2023 the Republic itself would be hanging by a thread.

Recall when they warned us that elderly White people are being grouped as potential terror threats...White veterans, etc..

We all laughed.

Nobody's laughing right now...
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Eternal Father, strong to save,
Whose arm does bind the restless wave,
Who bids the mighty ocean deep
Its own appointed limits keep;
O hear us when we cry to Thee
For those in peril on the sea.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Kamaji

Sudden implosion may have been the most merciful of deaths.  Most likely, if it happened at the point at which contact was lost, the effects would have been almost instantaneous, and their bodies destroyed before their brains could register anything as pain.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Eternal Father, strong to save,
Whose arm does bind the restless wave,
Who bids the mighty ocean deep
Its own appointed limits keep;
O hear us when we cry to Thee
For those in peril on the sea.

Amen  :crying:
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
From my understanding they had no support team or monitoring. If they did it seemed minimal.

The only monitoring was the sub sent a ping to the launching ship every 15 minutes. Just under 2 hours in it stopped pinging.

My guess is they broke up somewhere mid-dive.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 06:05:32 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

The only monitoring was the sub sent a ping to the launching ship every 15 minutes. Just under 2 hours in it stopped pinging.

My guess is they broke up somewhere mid-dive.

Based on that, I've seen computations estimating that they would have been about 4,500 to 5,500 feet below the surface.  At that depth, a catatrophic implosion would have been over in milliseconds.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Great tag-lines @Bigun:beer:

If any Briefer had told me back in 2009 that in 2023 the Republic itself would be hanging by a thread.

Recall when they warned us that elderly White people are being grouped as potential terror threats...White veterans, etc..

We all laughed.

Nobody's laughing right now...

Glad you like the tag lines @DCPatriot I'm certainly not laughing.

When I was in a foreign land fighting Communists at age 20 in never once occurred to me that I would spend my declining years fighting them at home but here I am doing exactly that.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Based on that, I've seen computations estimating that they would have been about 4,500 to 5,500 feet below the surface.  At that depth, a catatrophic implosion would have been over in milliseconds.

:yowsa: And mercifully so.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I hope these folks didn’t suffer and it was fast.

I’ll have nightmares about this now
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Kamaji

I hope these folks didn’t suffer and it was fast.

I’ll have nightmares about this now

It was fast; almost certainly too fast for them to feel anything.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
OceanGate says in a new statement that they believe the passengers of the Titanic submersible have “sadly been lost."
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

BREAKING: OceanGate, which operated the submersible touring the Titanic just released a statement:

“We now believe that our CEO Stockton Rush, Shahzada Dawood and his son Suleman Dawood, Hamish Harding, and Paul-Henri Nargeolet, have sadly been lost,” the company said in a statement.

“These men were true explorers who shared a distinct spirit of adventure, and a deep passion for exploring and protecting the world’s oceans,” according to the statement. “Our hearts are with these five souls and every member of their families during this tragic time. We grieve the loss of life and joy they brought to everyone they knew.”
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
OceanGate confirms passengers on board missing submersible 'have been lost'

OceanGate Expeditions, the company behind the missing Titanic tourist submersible confirmed Thursday afternoon that the passengers on board are believed to have "sadly been lost."

"We now believe that our CEO Stockton Rush, Shahzada Dawood and his son Suleman Dawood, Hamish Harding, and Paul-Henri Nargeolet, have sadly been lost," OceanGate said in a statement.

"These men were true explorers who shared a distinct spirit of adventure, and a deep passion for exploring and protecting the world’s oceans. Our hearts are with these five souls and every member of their families during this tragic time. We grieve the loss of life and joy they brought to everyone they knew."

"This is an extremely sad time for our dedicated employees who are exhausted and grieving deeply over this loss. The entire OceanGate family is deeply grateful for the countless men and women from multiple organizations of the international community who expedited wide-ranging resources and have worked so very hard on this mission. We appreciate their commitment to finding these five explorers, and their days and nights of tireless work in support of our crew and their families."

"This is a very sad time for the entire explorer community, and for each of the family members of those lost at sea. We respectfully ask that the privacy of these families be respected during this most painful time."

The statement came after the U.S. Coast Guard confirmed Thursday that a "debris field" has been found in the search for the missing submersible.

Posted by Bradford Betz
Fox News
Support the USO

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
OceanGate says in a new statement that they believe the passengers of the Titanic submersible have “sadly been lost."

888cryingkitty 888cryingkitty

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
It was fast; almost certainly too fast for them to feel anything.

I hope so. Bless them and their families

Offline mountaineer

Brit. Billionaire Passenger's Stepson ...
ATTENDS BLINK-182 SHOW DURING RESCUE MISSION
The strange case of Brian Szasz, stepson of a Titanic submarine billionaire

Everyone is piling on this oddball for his bizarre posts
June 21, 2023 | 5:15 pm
Katherine Dee

The internet thinks Brian Szasz is a “piece of shit.” Even Cardi B has weighed in on the stepson of Hamish Harding, one of the billionaires currently on the missing OceanGate submarine that was headed to the site of the Titanic wreckage. Cardi “clapped back” at a Facebook post where Szasz explained his decision to attend a Blink-182 concert in the wake of his stepfather’s disappearance (in case you’re curious, the reason he gave was that seeing his favorite band helps him cope).

It wasn’t just the 37-year-old’s — yes, you read that correctly, thirty-seven — idiosyncratic defense of his concert-going that set the mob off, though. Szasz is a strange person — to put it lightly. His online behavior is cringe-inducing at best, potentially dangerous at worst: last year, he was detained on cyberstalking and harassment charges. Allegedly he threatened to “shoot up” an EDM festival, claims that a number of Indian websites have deigned to write up.

Szasz also has high-functioning autism; something that in our age of “awareness” and “sensitivity,” (or even just obsessive information gathering) has mysteriously been lost in the wash. ... The Spectator
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO