Author Topic: Five special warfare sailors injured in boat training mishap  (Read 151 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Five special warfare sailors injured in boat training mishap
By Geoff Ziezulewicz
 Friday, Jun 16

Five Naval Special Warfare sailors were injured early Friday when the boat they were traveling in struck San Diego’s Zuniga Point jetty, officials said.

All five were taken to local hospitals following the mishap, which occurred at about 1:50 a.m. during “routine training operations,” according to Naval Special Warfare Command spokesperson Cmdr. Ben Tisdale.

Tisdale described the injuries as “non-life-threatening” in a statement to Navy Times Friday afternoon, and added that three of the five sailors had already been released.

He said in an email that the sailors were in a rigid hull inflatable boat, or RHIB, and declined to state their unit, saying only that they belonged to a “West Coast-based Naval Special Warfare unit.”

“An investigation into the mishap is underway,” Tisdale said.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2023/06/16/five-special-warfare-sailors-injured-in-boat-training-mishap/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Five special warfare sailors injured in boat training mishap
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 05:35:34 pm »
How the HELL do you "accidentially" run your boat into a freak jetty,unless maybe you are drunk,high on drugs,or both.

And given who the passengers were and who the likely  man at the helm was,drug use on duty seems HIGHLY  unlikely.

Somebody's career just  ended.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!