Author Topic: The New TRANSCOM Enlisted Chief Started Out As a Troubled Airman  (Read 207 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The New TRANSCOM Enlisted Chief Started Out As a Troubled Airman
June 15, 2023 | By David Roza
On June 13, the Pentagon announced Chief Master Sgt. Brian P. Kruzelnick, the top enlisted member of Air Mobility Command, had been selected as the next command senior enlisted leader for U.S. Transportation Command, which oversees the movement of troops and equipment around the world.

The prestigious assignment is the latest in a series of leadership roles stretching back over Kruzelnick’s 29-year Air Force career. But the Airman did not always show such promise—Kruzelnick had a tough start in life, which contributed to tough start in service.

“I came from the mean streets of New Jersey, struggling to survive in the world in which I lived,” Kruzelnick, a native of Passaic, wrote in a blog post about his early military career on The Mobility Forum after taking on his current role at AMC in 2020.

“I lacked basic physical and psychological needs, from shelter to a feeling of belonging,” he said.

On the recommendation of a friend, Kruzelnick enlisted in the Air Force as an aircraft maintainer, but the early years were a challenge.

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/transcom-enlisted-chief-brian-kruzelnick/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The New TRANSCOM Enlisted Chief Started Out As a Troubled Airman
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 01:51:58 pm »
Would he have done as well if the military had been woke when he enlisted?  My guess would be no. It was discipline that made him what he is, not give aways. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 01:57:49 pm »
Would he have done as well if the military had been woke when he enlisted?  My guess would be no. It was discipline that made him what he is, not give aways. :pondering:

:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2023, 05:32:15 pm »

@rangerrebew

I would add the word "self" in front of the world discipline. NOBODY can force you to do something you don't really want to do as well as self-discipline does. It not only DEMANDS of you that you do it,but that you do the best you can do to do it as well as it can be done.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!