Author Topic: Will D.C. Politicians Finally Put W. Coast Forest Management Ahead Of Activism?  (Read 127 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY TRISTAN JUSTICE ON JUN 12, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Will D.C. Politicians Finally Put W. Coast Forest Management Ahead Of Activism?

More than 61 million residents up and down the East Coast got a rude education this week about the experience of their neighbors in the American West who choke on wildfire smoke every summer.

Western infernos have become so out of control in recent years that the California insurance industry is going up in flames along with Americans’ homes and livelihoods. [emphasis, links added]

While the Beltway press is eager to blame climate change, the primary culprit is negligent land management.

Maybe the wildfire smoke that canceled classes and baseball games in the nation’s capital will now wake up Washington lawmakers to the annual haze that blocks out the summer sun in the American West.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/will-d-c-politicians-finally-put-w-coast-forest-management-ahead-of-activism/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson