Author Topic: Brit Hume: Chris Christie Will Take on Trump Directly  (Read 1780 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Brit Hume: Chris Christie Will Take on Trump Directly
« on: June 01, 2023, 12:55:11 pm »
Brit Hume: Chris Christie Will Take on Trump Directly

Pam Key 31 May 2023

Fox News political commentator Brit Hume said Wednesday on “Special Report” that former Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ) would take on former President Donald Trump directly when he enters the 2024 presidential race.

Hume said, “As for Christie, one wonders what he is up to. One thing he will do that some of the other candidates may be hesitant to do he will, as he has, take on Donald Trump directly. That can be effective. It was effective when he took on Marco Rubio in the 2016 campaign. And in the end, of course, I think he did real damage there in the 2016 campaign. And the problem I should say, the benefit did not go to Christie. It accrued to other candidates. That is the risk you take when you take on a candidate who is well ahead in the field directly.”

He added, “DeSantis, we are getting our first real glimpse of him. We have seen him in Florida. We have seen him here and there. The nation as a whole is just getting a chance to see him now out on the campaign trail at some length. I watched most of his speech last night. And so, you know, we are getting a fuller glimpse of him. I don’t think is he particularly exciting as a candidate. Trump is always exciting, at least to his supporters, and he is always entertaining. In the primary season, who knows what voters in Iowa and New Hampshire will go for this year.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/05/31/brit-hume-chris-christie-will-take-on-trump-directly/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Brit Hume: Chris Christie Will Take on Trump Directly
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 12:56:52 pm »
How is he going to take on Trump directly?  By going left of Trump, which would put Christie solidly to the left of center, given that Trump himself is already left of center.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 12:59:37 pm »
Bkmk
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2023, 02:56:29 pm »
   I'm sure Gov Christie is immune to the fat jokes about to be hurled at him by Trump.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2023, 02:58:41 pm »
Do these people have inflated (no pun intended) opinions of themselves? Like Pence, Nikki Haley, Chris Christie... people who think they have any draw with the base that they're willing to waste time and effort to enter this thing?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2023, 03:00:26 pm »
   I'm sure Gov Christie is immune to the fat jokes about to be hurled at him by Trump.

I doubt if Trump will go after him; Trump will instead try to make common cause with him against DeSantis.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2023, 03:00:49 pm »
Do these people have inflated (no pun intended) opinions of themselves? Like Pence, Nikki Haley, Chris Christie... people who think they have any draw with the base that they're willing to waste time and effort to enter this thing?

I assume that was a rhetorical question?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2023, 03:02:44 pm »
Christie has had 7 years to take on Trump directly, and he punted.  Christie as a soft as a marshmallow.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2023, 03:21:27 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2023, 03:28:56 pm »

Looks like he's trying to outcompete the NK dictator for big man on campus.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2023, 06:44:47 pm »

At that weight, jogging will destroy his knees

Swimming or walking would be a better exercise
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2023, 01:38:48 am »
At that weight, jogging will destroy his knees

Swimming or walking would be a better exercise

@LMAO

I think he has already reached the point where any traditional exercise would be life-threatening.

He needs to go on a VERY strict diet,and after losing maybe 100 lbs or so,start working out with upper body exercises.

He needs to lose a LOT more weight than 100 lbs before it would be safe for him to do traditional work outs that involve running,bending,etc,etc,etc.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2023, 01:48:30 am »
After he murder-suicided Rubio, immediately dropped out and endorsed Trump, I trust this fattie about as far as I can throw him.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2023, 02:08:06 am »
Christie is a joke....his weight is as detrimental to his election as Trump's age.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2023, 11:00:12 am »
After he murder-suicided Rubio, immediately dropped out and endorsed Trump, I trust this fattie about as far as I can throw him.

@cato potatoe

I am GUESSING his campaign is just a scam he is using to pull in cash. I SUSPECT he is too sick/weak from hauling all that blubber around that he just doesn't have the health/stamina for an actual campaign.

"Trolling for dollars to get him to drop out" seems to be his usual game come an election year.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2023, 11:05:01 am »
@cato potatoe

I am GUESSING his campaign is just a scam he is using to pull in cash. I SUSPECT he is too sick/weak from hauling all that blubber around that he just doesn't have the health/stamina for an actual campaign.

"Trolling for dollars to get him to drop out" seems to be his usual game come an election year.

Doesn't work that way.  Unused campaign contributions do not belong to the candidate to do with as he/she pleases.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2023, 11:13:20 am »
Doesn't work that way.  Unused campaign contributions do not belong to the candidate to do with as he/she pleases.

@Kamaji

An interesting theory that SHOULD be an actual reality,but we all know it doesn't work that way in the real world.

I am guessing that once he announces he is running,the bidding will start to get him to drop out. Not that he is an actual threat,but him running will cause the others who are campaigning to spend a lot of money and time on him that they would rather spend on an actual threat to their victory.

I doubt that anybody in his own family thinks he can win.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 11:16:41 am by sneakypete »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2023, 11:27:38 am »
@Kamaji

An interesting theory that SHOULD be an actual reality,but we all know it doesn't work that way in the real world.

I am guessing that once he announces he is running,the bidding will start to get him to drop out. Not that he is an actual threat,but him running will cause the others who are campaigning to spend a lot of money and time on him that they would rather spend on an actual threat to their victory.

I doubt that anybody in his own family thinks he can win.

No, actually, it's not just a theory.  It's a reality.  If a candidate uses unspent campaign funds for personal purposes, he/she gets in trouble for it.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2023, 10:22:34 pm »
That's more than 300lbs.

I'm lookin' at the pic above and thinkin', "Roll out the barrel, roll out the barrel of beer..."

Offline DB

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2023, 10:31:30 pm »
That's more than 300lbs.

I'm lookin' at the pic above and thinkin', "Roll out the barrel, roll out the barrel of beer..."

Maybe if he's 5' tall...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2023, 10:50:08 pm »

That's the worst Photoshop job I've seen in a while. Look at the right side of the body, the artificial blurring.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2023, 10:55:42 pm »
Christie is overweight, but not that much. We can do better.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2023, 11:06:00 pm »
Christie is overweight, but not that much. We can do better.

LOL.  (comon everyone - pig out)
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2023, 11:32:25 pm »
I meant we could do better than post obviously photoshopped pictures. How is that different from lying?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2023, 11:57:33 pm »
He is still a big man.  Weight aside, Americans deserve better.  He is a RINO.  We need a conservative period.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 11:58:19 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.