Author Topic: Brit Hume: Chris Christie Will Take on Trump Directly  (Read 1779 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Brit Hume: Chris Christie Will Take on Trump Directly
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2023, 12:00:35 am »
He ain't gonna win anyway - As has been proven over and again. He runs all the time.

But he could serve as the sacrificial goat. He has nothing to lose coming hard against Tumpy... And he has a mouth...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2023, 12:03:29 am »
He ain't gonna win anyway - As has been proven over and again. He runs all the time.

But he could serve as the sacrificial goat. He has nothing to lose coming hard against Tumpy... And he has a mouth...

I think Christie has some charisma and articulates well, but he's run too many times and he's just not going to win the GOP nomination.  Elections are a money making machine for him, that's about it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2023, 12:11:52 am »
I think Christie has some charisma and articulates well, but he's run too many times and he's just not going to win the GOP nomination.  Elections are a money making machine for him, that's about it.

Absolutely true... But that means he has nothing to lose becoming the foil of the NEOCONs... And I wouldn't be surprised. He has the mouth for it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2023, 01:02:19 am »
No, actually, it's not just a theory.  It's a reality.  If a candidate uses unspent campaign funds for personal purposes, he/she gets in trouble for it.

@Kamaji

That is rarely allowed to happen.

Has it ever happened to any of the "Big Boys or Girls"? I am asking because I don't know.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2023, 01:04:31 am »
I meant we could do better than post obviously photoshopped pictures. 

@mountaineer

I agree,and since I don't know diddly-squat about photo shopping,I thought it was a real photo,and was shocked at how fat he is,and was wondering if campaigning would cause him to stroke out.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2023, 01:06:13 am »

@roamer_1

AND there is a payday down the road for him,or he wouldn't be doing it.

Online corbe

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2023, 01:06:35 am »
    What surprised me which most Briefers missed is Roger Stone retweeted this, probably started by Don Jr.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2023, 04:16:50 pm »

For the reason already given - that you can't convert them to personal use as you could awhile back,I don't think that's his motivation.

I think his motivation is the desire to remain relevant politically, and hopefully scarf up a good job in the next administration.  He might make a pretty good AG.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2023, 04:30:49 pm »
For the reason already given - that you can't convert them to personal use as you could awhile back,I don't think that's his motivation.

I think his motivation is the desire to remain relevant politically, and hopefully scarf up a good job in the next administration.  He might make a pretty good AG.

@Maj. Bill Martin

All you had to post was the part I put in bold. Being a politician is ALL he knows,and he needs it like you and I need air,or a Clinton needs to lie.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2023, 04:39:53 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

All you had to post was the part I put in bold. Being a politician is ALL he knows,and he needs it like you and I need air,or a Clinton needs to lie.

Well, I don't mind that necessarily.  Newt Gingrich is one of the most important conservatives of the last four decades, has done a lot of good for the country, and he was a career politician as well.

Christy is flawed, but also a really smart guy who understands the law.  As did Giuliani.

When it comes to jobs like Attorney General, that require a lot of legal expertise and knowledge to do properly,, the idea that we shouldn't fill those jobs with professional lawyers or politicians is kind of absurd. After all, you wouldn't take your car to be fixed by someone who isn't a mechanic.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2023, 05:13:17 pm »
I meant we could do better than post obviously photoshopped pictures. How is that different from lying?

I knew what you meant. Sometimes certain phrasing strikes me as funny. As far as the lying, no it isn't. The same for any other type of parody or satire.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2023, 12:36:44 am »
Well, I don't mind that necessarily.  Newt Gingrich is one of the most important conservatives of the last four decades, has done a lot of good for the country, and he was a career politician as well.

Christy is flawed, but also a really smart guy who understands the law.  As did Giuliani.

When it comes to jobs like Attorney General, that require a lot of legal expertise and knowledge to do properly,, the idea that we shouldn't fill those jobs with professional lawyers or politicians is kind of absurd. After all, you wouldn't take your car to be fixed by someone who isn't a mechanic.

@Maj. Bill Martin

True!