Author Topic: Answering the Big Question: Ron or Don? By Alicia Colon  (Read 9315 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Answering the Big Question: Ron or Don? By Alicia Colon
« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2023, 11:57:58 pm »
Wow!

It's turning out to be one helluva day, isn't it @Right_in_Virginia     :yowsa:

@mystery-ak

@DCPatriot

@Right_in_Virginia

No kidding. I am honesty shocked at some people going "full Comrade" on what is considered to be a conservative DISCUSSION board.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #151 on: May 31, 2023, 11:59:44 pm »
RIV started this by taking a picture of a young RDS surrounded by other young women with alcohol in their hands while demanding of other posters here if supplying alcohol to underage girls was the new "conservative value." This was a picture that had no context, had no indication if these girls were underage, nor any indication he bought the booze for them with the intent of grooming them.

She deserves every derision that comes her way

And that was just the first drop in a very deep bucket of outright lies.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2023, 12:00:53 am »
Sincere thanks, @Cyber Liberty

Take a moment and reconsider.

..A Bridge Too Far.

And for what?  It's not even ****ing primary season    happy77

@DCPatriot

I am having a hard time even thinking about how personal and brutal it is going to get when the primaries actually get started.

We ALL need to chill-down a little.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #153 on: June 01, 2023, 12:01:18 am »
No kidding. I am honesty shocked at some people going "full Comrade" on what is considered to be a conservative DISCUSSION board.

It is because we're a Conservative discussion board that we oppose Trump.  We generally oppose enemies of Conservatism.  Were you not aware?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #154 on: June 01, 2023, 12:02:46 am »
FWIW to you @Right_in_Virginia I'm in total agreement with that.

@Right_in_Virginia

@Bigun

I am in total agreement,also.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #155 on: June 01, 2023, 12:05:58 am »
Listen my friend @roamer_1 what I said to @Right_in_Virginia applies equally to you.

What is none of our business is none of our business! Period!

@Bigun

Seems like such a simple concept that anyone would be able to understand it,doesn't it?

Let me add this,"We are either ALL free,or none of us are free". This includes the freedom to maintain privacy,unless,of course,you start a political career.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #156 on: June 01, 2023, 12:06:54 am »
I disagree @Bigun . If someone is an agent, that should be declared.

@roamer_1

Why?

What possible difference could it make?

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #157 on: June 01, 2023, 12:09:41 am »
Respectfully, no one on this forum has a "right" to know anything about my personal life.  What I choose to share is up to me, and me alone.  Demanding otherwise from me is a breach of the most sacred contract between management and member:  Anonymity.

This demand also breaches the historic first rule at TBR:  Shoot the message, not the messenger.  I post opinions that are an alternative to the majority of posters and the forum's management and "advisory" committee --- and present ample support for them with links and video, commonly referred to as "receipts".

Whatever I do for a living, or if I am fantastically independently wealthy and don't work at all, should have no bearing on a substantive discussion of the information I present.  I am stunned and offended that you would demand this type of information from me.

@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty
If this forum granted total anonymity to everybody who posted here, it'd be overloaded with trolls and spam.

The fact is, you have a username. You have an identity. You also have an IP address that, if the administrators wanted to, they could trace.

I get the desire for privacy in certain aspects of one's life. I don't use my first name on this forum—at least the public side of it—for that reason.

But any message board out there operates on the premise of good faith: that generally, people who post on there are who they say they are, and any ulterior motives for posting are publicly known. If someone is getting paid to post propaganda, and denying/obfuscating that fact, that's bad faith. I can assure you that I'm in no way important enough to have any political candidates or organizations paying me to carry their water, not that I could do that with a clear conscience.

If you're a paid operative or a Russian-backed agent of chaos, please say so. Your statement of "opinions that are an alternative to the majority of posters" is remarkably similar to the approach taken by RT, Russia's former propaganda arm here in America, so that would be consistent. Yet I can only speculate.

If you don't want to reveal your funding/sources, that's your decision—but don't complain when we assume the worst.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #158 on: June 01, 2023, 12:12:09 am »
He has every right to run in the GOP primary like any other Republican regardless if it upsets you or Trump. The nomination does not belong to Trump

If DeSantis running upsets you, then you have the right to not vote for him

@LMAO

I agree,but IIRC,I was being asked why so many of us are against DeSantis,and in MY opinion stabbing the man in the back that got you elected shows a lack of character.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #159 on: June 01, 2023, 12:12:32 am »
Well stated, @jmyrlefuller .

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2023, 12:13:26 am »
in MY opinion stabbing the man in the back that got you elected shows a lack of character.

For the umpteenth time, how did DeSantis stab Trump in the back?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2023, 12:14:41 am »
And that was just the first drop in a very deep bucket of outright lies.

@Hoodat

How do YOU know they were lies?

Did you  check their ID's to see if they were old enough to legally drink alcohol?

BTW,I have no idea if they were too young or not. Don't even remember  seeing the photo,and frankly,I have more serious things to think and worry about,like the survival of America as a free and independent nation under the US Constitution.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 12:16:28 am by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2023, 12:18:23 am »
It is because we're a Conservative discussion board that we oppose Trump.  We generally oppose enemies of Conservatism.  Were you not aware?

@Hoodat

Once again,a shithead accussation in defense of a shithead charge.

WHY is it I think the tables would be turned if it were DeSantas being discussed here  instead of Trump?

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2023, 12:20:03 am »
For the umpteenth time, how did DeSantis stab Trump in the back?
And how did Trump "get DeSantis elected?" Can we say, without a doubt, that DeSantis would have lost the election without Trump's supposed help? Given the state's electoral record the past few years... of course not. Trump is taking credit for something he had no hand in, as usual.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #164 on: June 01, 2023, 12:20:47 am »
@Hoodat

WHY is it I think the tables would be turned if it were DeSantas being discussed here  instead of Trump?
Because DeSantis actually has a record that fits what we're looking for... and Trump, not so much.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #165 on: June 01, 2023, 12:27:17 am »
If this forum granted total anonymity to everybody who posted here, it'd be overloaded with trolls and spam.

The fact is, you have a username. You have an identity. You also have an IP address that, if the administrators wanted to, they could trace.

I get the desire for privacy in certain aspects of one's life. I don't use my first name on this forum—at least the public side of it—for that reason.

But any message board out there operates on the premise of good faith: that generally, people who post on there are who they say they are, and any ulterior motives for posting are publicly known. If someone is getting paid to post propaganda, and denying/obfuscating that fact, that's bad faith. I can assure you that I'm in no way important enough to have any political candidates or organizations paying me to carry their water, not that I could do that with a clear conscience.

If you're a paid operative or a Russian-backed agent of chaos, please say so. Your statement of "opinions that are an alternative to the majority of posters" is remarkably similar to the approach taken by RT, Russia's former propaganda arm here in America, so that would be consistent. Yet I can only speculate.

If you don't want to reveal your funding/sources, that's your decision—but don't complain when we assume the worst.

@jmyrlefuller

In most places and circumstances,I would generally be in agreement with almost everything you wrote,but this is a political DISCUSSION board,not a board about scientific discoveries. People have opinions,and their opinions being "right" or being "wrong" are ENTIRELY in the POV of those who are reading them.

Yeah,we all have a right to disagree with anything or even everything  another poster posts,but THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO POST IT JUST LIKE WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO DISAGREE WITH WHAT THEY POST.

Or it SHOULD be that way,anyhow.

I have a feeling I am going to be off this board by the time the actual political season starts unless things change. There are better things to do with  my time than try to discuss things with people who only want to argue and call names.

And "Yes,I DO respond in kind."  I AM sometimes (?)low on patience,and that is MY fault,but I don't enjoy beating my head against a wall and I don't enjoy getting mad every day.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 12:28:58 am by sneakypete »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #166 on: June 01, 2023, 12:28:36 am »
@Hoodat

How do YOU know they were lies?

How do you know they were true?

Did you  check their ID's to see if they were old enough to legally drink alcohol?

Maybe you should ask the person who offered the claim in the first place.  Let's say someone comes in here and posts about how @sneakypete likes having sex with aardvarks.  Now I happen to know a bit about Sneakypete's character, and I am extremely skeptical of this claim.  Even more so, I know a bit about the character of the person making the claim as well, a person with a very long history of offering dubious claims that turned out not to be true.  So to clear the air, I ask said poster if he/she has any evidence supporting the claim.  No response.  I ask again for evidence.  Again, no response.  I ask again.  And again.  And again.  I keep asking until finally I get a response like this - "I posted it already".  Now there's no point in coming to you since you can't prove that you didn't have sex with an aardvark.  The burden always falls on the person making the claim.

So considering that ZERO evidence was offered backing up the claim, and considering that the poster has a long-standing motive to slander you, I would conclude that said poster was lying.  Would you agree?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #167 on: June 01, 2023, 12:29:29 am »
@roamer_1

Why?

What possible difference could it make?

@sneakypete

Because pimping your guy is one thing... But acting as a provocateur against your competition is another.
People who are paid to throw shade on someone goes to motive - If the subject is a declared agent, then that shade is more easily discounted.

And in the way of full disclosure, I am a free agent, in no one's employ, nearly completely divorced from politics, with the exception of TEA Party steerage meetings (roughly quarterly, which I will be unable to attend for the near future) - A position that is unpaid and entirely voluntary. That's it.

I serve God and Conservatism and country living.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #168 on: June 01, 2023, 12:32:11 am »

If DeSantis was spreading lies about Trump and falsely attacking his record, I would be calling him out on it.  I have a lengthy history of defending Trump when he has been falsely accused.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #169 on: June 01, 2023, 12:32:32 am »
@sneakypete

Because pimping your guy is one thing... But acting as a provocateur against your competition is another.
People who are paid to throw shade on someone goes to motive - If the subject is a declared agent, then that shade is more easily discounted.

@roamer_1

What POSSIBLE ACTUAL difference could it make?

It's not like going on a date with  a hot babe and then discovering she is a tranny,IT'S OPINIONS,and they are worth every dollar you  pay for them.

Even mine.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #170 on: June 01, 2023, 12:32:56 am »
@Hoodat

@sneakypete

Believe me, if DeSantis starts preaching big government, I'll drop him like a hot rock - Just like I did Tumpy.

Online libertybele

« Reply #171 on: June 01, 2023, 12:35:04 am »
@jmyrlefuller

In most places and circumstances,I would generally be in agreement with almost everything you wrote,but this is a political DISCUSSION board,not a board about scientific discoveries. People have opinions,and their opinions being "right" or being "wrong" are ENTIRELY in the POV of those who are reading them.

Yeah,we all have a right to disagree with anything or even everything  another poster posts,but THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO POST IT JUST LIKE WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO DISAGREE WITH WHAT THEY POST.

Or it SHOULD be that way,anyhow.

I have a feeling I am going to be off this board by the time the actual political season starts unless things change. There are better things to do with  my time than try to discuss things with people who only want to argue and call names.

And "Yes,I DO respond in kind."  I AM sometimes (?)low on patience,and that is MY fault,but I don't enjoy beating my head against a wall and I don't enjoy getting mad every day.

@sneakypete you are absolutely correct; this is a political discussion board and you are entitled to your opinion and your point of view and are allowed to express it.  There are those in this forum right now who may not agree with you, and you have the right not to agree with them, but that's as far as it should go.  No name calling or derogatory remarks targeted towards another Briefer allowed.

I for one would miss you and hope that you will continue to post. 

The campaign season is just barely starting and much can happen between now and '24. 

Peace.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #172 on: June 01, 2023, 12:38:28 am »
If DeSantis was spreading lies about Trump and falsely attacking his record, I would be calling him out on it.  I have a lengthy history of defending Trump when he has been falsely accused.

YUP. Me too. Truth is more important that any candidate, especially in this age of perpetual spin.

Online libertybele

« Reply #173 on: June 01, 2023, 12:38:53 am »
@sneakypete

Believe me, if DeSantis starts preaching big government, I'll drop him like a hot rock - Just like I did Tumpy.

I like DeSantis and he's been a good governor for the most part and certainly is moving in the direction of a conservative.

However, I will never give him a free pass.  Never.  He has to earn my vote and if it turns out he's not who he says he is -- he will lose my vote.

It is very early in this campaign season -- we've got a long way to go till '24.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #174 on: June 01, 2023, 12:40:29 am »
@roamer_1

What POSSIBLE ACTUAL difference could it make?

@sneakypete

Yeah... TikTok uses the same argument. As did Twitter.
Good, bad, or indifferent, actual players should be declared.