Author Topic: Biden Energy Department Starts Crackdown On Dishwashers  (Read 143 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Energy Department Starts Crackdown On Dishwashers
« on: May 11, 2023, 10:53:27 am »
Biden Energy Department Starts Crackdown On Dishwashers
By  Ben Zeisloft

May 8, 2023   DailyWire.com

Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm announced new efficiency regulations for dishwashers, beverage vending machines, and electric motors on Friday, the latest of several actions from the Biden administration to decrease power usage and combat climate change.

An announcement contended that the restrictions would decrease expenses for American consumers due to lowered energy consumption. Granholm said the administration is “using all of the tools at our disposal to save Americans money while promoting innovations that will reduce carbon pollution and combat the climate crisis.”

New dishwashers imported into the United States beginning in 2027 would have to consume 27% less power and use 34% less water, while more compact models would need to implement a 22% power reduction and an 11% water use reduction, according to an analysis of the proposal released by Bloomberg Law. Energy Department officials estimate that consumers would have to spend $15 more for a new dishwasher but would witness three times as much in energy savings over the appliance’s lifetime.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-energy-department-starts-crackdown-on-dishwashers
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson