Author Topic: Federal government under Biden runs $928,000,000,000 deficit in just 7 months  (Read 7003 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
@catfish1957

Yet anyone claiming that Trump didn't have total control over spending in his one term in office makes your head explode.

Can you say "class jealousy"?

Class jealousy?  Yeah, I am pretty jealous that I've sent the IRS 2 1/2 mill in my lifetime while some have lived their entire life off the left hind teat of Fedzilla, and they have said mouths surgically attached premanently.

No offense, but I might as well be discussing economics with my grand kids. For some reason you just don't understand that entire geo-political sphere revolves around these issues.  One day after the SHTF hits us in the face like a wet fish, you might finally understand. 

I'd thought that the concepts of  limitless credit card or blank checks would be understandable in terms of an unsustainable precess but.....

Rock On Dude....  Ostriches don't feel pain with their heads in the hole either do they?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

Talk about "simple-minded"!

Incoming Presidents INHERIT a budget,and there is damn little they can do about it,or even the next budget if Congress is controlled by the opposition party.

You want to make economic change,go after congresscritters because THEY are the ones that approve the budgets.

But.....,you already know that and just don't give a damn because you want to demonize "Rich  Orange Man".

Your hypocrisy is still showing. By your own standard, the current deficit under Biden is Trump’s fault

I didn’t make that standard. You did
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

Class jealousy?  Yeah, I am pretty jealous that I've sent the IRS 2 1/2 mill in my lifetime while some have lived their entire life off the left hind teat of Fedzilla, and they have said mouths surgically attached premanently.

No offense, but I might as well be discussing economics with my grand kids. For some reason you just don't understand that entire geo-political sphere revolves around these issues.  One day after the SHTF hits us in the face like a wet fish, you might finally understand. 

I'd thought that the concepts of  limitless credit card or blank checks would be understandable in terms of an unsustainable precess but.....

Rock On Dude....  Ostriches don't feel pain with their heads in the hole either do they?

After a while, you just have to give up on people like SP. 

This has all been explained several times to him and his only rebuttals have been some form of Rude orange man

« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 07:32:58 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
After a while, you just have to give up on people like SP.  Using logic is an exercise in futility on folks like him

He's a great guy, and one who served our country with honor.

He's just one of pretty small contingent here who just seem to be totally blind to Mr. Trump's shortcomings.  Which in my eyes is (1) total fiscal irresponsibility, (2) lack of moral fiber and service with honor.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

He's a great guy, and one who served our country with honor.

He's just one of pretty small contingent here who just seem to be totally blind to Mr. Trump's shortcomings.  Which in my eyes is (1) total fiscal irresponsibility, (2) lack of moral fiber and service with honor.

I won’t take anyone’s combat service away from them. I served, but it was peacetime and I’m thankful for that.

It’s a  fallacy that because we’re harder on Donald Trump than Joe Biden on this issue that somehow that means that we’re sympathetic to Joe Biden. We expect this from a Democrat. Especially from a career Washington DC politician like Joe Biden.

But we don’t want to see the Republican candidate propose to outspend the Democrat
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 07:59:35 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Every dollar appropriated by Congress gets spent by the Executive Branch.  The President is the head of that branch.  In other words, he is in charge of spending the money that Congress appropriates.  So 'hell yes', someone can fix that problem.  And they can fix it in one year.

@Hoodat

I am betting you still believe in Santa,too.

Is it Trumps fault if Santa forgets to deliver one of the toys you wanted?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

OF COURSE I am serious. This is kitchen table sh*t. How much power do YOU have when all your fun-tickets are gone and you're dipping into the jar on top of the fridge to afford some beans and rice? Is that when you haul out the already overloaded credit cards and decide to have a blowout vacation? Or is that when you start pinching pennies and cutting services, shrinking your activities to allow yourself to afford only the most vital things, until your circumstances change?

Any entity does the very same. Or it will fail.

As to congress being to blame, That is certainly true - And that has been admitted over and over. But Tumpy did NOTHING to curtail it... Signing every single porkulous bill right on through. Not a peep. In fact, I remember him saying folks would have to get used to 'budgets' in the trillions instead of billions... Like it's a matter of fact.

Had he used his veto power you'd have a leg to stand upon. Had he created efficiencies to save money in his execution of what Congress had authorized, you'd have a point - But he didn't.
He spent at TWICE the rate of Obummer, and to this date spent more than any president in history. There is NO WAY to defend that.

As for Bidet, your hypocrisy is palpable. Why is it now that Bidet can be blamed, when it is still Congress who holds the purse? Why is it that the things forged during Tumpy's administration and carried forward are not counted, holding Bidet blameless, as you defend Tumpy?

Why don't I criticize the Democrats and Bidet? I DO. I despise them. But they are doing precisely as expected. This is what they do - They are all about central authority, huge spending boondoggles, and curtailing rights. It's what they DO.

But Tumpy and the Republicans beat them at their own game - Spending MORE than Democrats. Growing MORE government... Curtailing MORE rights.

THAT is why I am so offended. The betrayal of Conservative principles was so egregious and so profound that it is utterly indefensible.

Republicans are SUPPOSED to fight for small government and fiscal sanity. Republicans are SUPPOSED to fight to preserve our rights and keep us free of a burgeoning federal state.

Betrayal. Flat out betrayal. Sonsabiches, every one. Including Tumpy, who is as big government (read 'liberal, progressive') as they come.

That's a hard line right there. Bright as the sun. Step over that line into supporting big government, and you have betrayed the very root of American greatness, founded foremost in small government and libertarianism. Not merely flirting around the edges to be overlooked... This is flat out overturning Americanism. Against America. Betrayal of every promise, because you are attacking the very root of all of it.

THAT's why I am far harder on Republicans supporting big government. They are the only defender AGAINST big government. And you would have me ignore their insipid refusal to pick up the sword and fight as they have sworn and blame democrats. But Republicans, outside of foolish partisanship, are the very same damn thing.

The liberals are winning.
Not by merit, as they have no merit.
They are winning because they have no opposition.

And you're alright with that if you defend a big government Republican. There is no excuse.

@roamer_1

Your hypocrisy is too thick to cut with  a chain saw. Rude Orange Man lives in your head every day and controls your every thought.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Amen!!

@libertybele

@roamer_1

You are both right,of course. What we need to do is elect another career politician and insider that owes favors to everybody in both branches of the "Master Party" to clean things up,right?

Someone who can be trusted by the people in office to not rock the boat,and who has good manners.

Maybe another Bush? There IS one making .sounds about entering,so your dreams may come true after all.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@catfish1957

You are right of course,and the way to fix all that is to elect another party insider,right?

Good call,dude and dudette!

Offline catfish1957

@catfish1957

You are right of course,and the way to fix all that is to elect another party insider,right?

Good call,dude and dudette!

If you are alluding to RDS, the last time I saw he wasn't spouting off silly shit like Freedom cities which might add another $15T to the deficit.  But I guess that Trump position is just fine and good with you, huh Pete?

Offline LMAO

@Hoodat

Your rebuttals become weaker and weaker the more this thread goes on

I would quit if I was you and not keep digging a hole for yourself that you insist on digging

You keep telling us that you want a president with bad manners and who calls everybody names but you don’t really tell us what you expect that to accomplish except to make you happy

« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 10:20:26 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

@roamer_1

You are both right,of course. What we need to do is elect another career politician and insider that owes favors to everybody in both branches of the "Master Party" to clean things up,right?

Someone who can be trusted by the people in office to not rock the boat,and who has good manners.

Maybe another Bush? There IS one making .sounds about entering,so your dreams may come true after all.

@sneakypete    ????? What the heck are you talking about and STOP making assumptions about me.

It's one think to debate it's another to make ridiculous accusations.  :seeya:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 09:33:02 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

Your hypocrisy is too thick to cut with  a chain saw. Rude Orange Man lives in your head every day and controls your every thought.

An absurd ad hominem that barely deserves reply. Seems to be how Tumpistas work... When they cannot defend their position, attack the man.

Online roamer_1

@libertybele

@roamer_1

I don't trust ANY politician. EVER. Hell, I didn't trust Reagan.

Maybe that's where your problem starts.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You believe the reason we have such an out of control debt and deficits is because of illegal immigration????

@LMAO

Didn't realize you were such a fan of illegal aliens. 

MOST people would realize that illegal aliens are just an important part of why the budget is out of order.Since that seems to be your only concern,I am a little surprised you  didn't pick up on it.

In fact, based on your posting history, if the article was the same, but it was Trump instead of Biden, you would be defending the spending

You are more full of shit than a Christmas goose. Bad acid?

At least, I hope this gives you Trump populists some understanding why conservatives emphasize controlling spending and it isn’t about “me, me ME DAMMIT!”   Lol

The HELL it isn't. It is your ONLY concern.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

TWENTY FRIGGIN TRILLION DOLLARS.

Next.

@roamer_1

Ok,bubba,now explain to us all HOW Trump is or was responsible for that,when it is CONGRESS that approves budgets?

You DO know that Trump was never a congresscritter,right?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I just call out hypocrisy when I see it. Whenever there’s any condemnation of Donald Trump when it comes to our debt, you either make excuses for him, or tell other posters they are selfish for wanting to cut spending

But now that it’s Joe Biden doing the same thing,the debt and deficit is suddenly a concern of yours

@LMAO

Is lying about Trump ALL that you  do,or do you have other hobbies?

BTW,PLEASE explain  to us all how Trump got the authority to write and approve federal budgets.

Once you are done with that,PLEASE explain to us how Trump,who no longer holds  public office is responsible for the current budget.

Trump just lives in your head 24/7,doesn't he?

Rude Orange Billionaire! How DARE him do that and not offer to pay you rent!

Online DB

@roamer_1

Ok,bubba,now explain to us all HOW Trump is or was responsible for that,when it is CONGRESS that approves budgets?

So why does it matter who we elect as President if they can't do anything about spending?

The fact of the matter is the President can do something about it. First he has the bully pulpit to make his case before the American people of why spending should be cut and then tell congress to rein it in or he'll veto it. If congress overrides his veto they own it in front of the electorate. The way it went down, Trump owned it by doing nothing other complaining about it the day he signed it into law.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 11:19:21 pm by DB »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well, let’s use your argument. You claimed that the out-of-control spending under Trump was all there before he got into office. So then why don’t we apply the same standard to to Biden?

@LMAO

Seriously?

Are you REALLY THAT freaking desperate?

Once again,explain how Trump,who  is no longer even in office,controlled Congressional Budgets when he was President,and somehow,in YOUR alleged mind,seems to be controlling them now.

Yet it makes sense for you and your fellow loons to spend more time fighting against and slandering Trump than you  do Biden.

BTW,are you going to vote for Biden if Trump is the Republican nominee? If not,WHY not?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 11:21:51 pm by sneakypete »

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

Seriously?

Are you REALLY THAT freaking desperate?

Once again,explain how Trump,who  is no longer even in office,controlled Congressional Budgets when he was President,and somehow,in YOUR alleged mind,seems to be controlling them now.

Yet it makes sense for you and your fellow loons to spend more time fighting against and slandering Trump than you  do Biden.

BTW,are you going to vote for Biden if Trump is the Dim nominee? If not,WHY not?

Three pages of your posts and yet you still haven’t explained why you hold Biden accountable for the deficits under his watch but not Trump for the deficits on his watch. The difference between you and I is I hold both Biden and Trump accountable for the overspending done on each men’s watch and especially the Congress during that time. You curiously exempt Trump

Oh well. I didn’t think I was going to get anything representing a rational and logical response. As expected, just a bunch of straw man arguments

Let’s face it. You got caught. Admit your double standard and move on
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 11:34:42 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Three pages of your posts and yet you still haven’t explained why you hold Biden accountable for the deficits under his watch but not Trump for the deficits on his watch

Oh well. I didn’t think I was going to get anything representing a rational and logical response. As expected, just a bunch of straw man arguments

Let’s face it. You got caught. Admit your double standard and move on

@LMAO

Ok,I will type slowly.

Biden had the full support and backing of the DNC,as well as some support from alleged Republicans.

He PROMOTED his deficient,and had the backing of Dim Party. It was as much the DNC offical budget as it was  the WH budget.

Trump,not having the support in Congress that Biden  had was powerless to stop the feral budget proposed while he was  President and if he had used his veto power, he would have just been accused of adding to the economic problem.

Hard to win the vote of Steve and Sally Sixpack when the DNC,the national as well as most of the local media,and even some of your own people oppose your veto.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

Ok,I will type slowly.

Biden had the full support and backing of the DNC,as well as some support from alleged Republicans.

He PROMOTED his deficient,and had the backing of Dim Party. It was as much the DNC offical budget as it was  the WH budget.

Trump,not having the support in Congress that Biden  had was powerless to stop the feral budget proposed while he was  President and if he had used his veto power, he would have just been accused of adding to the economic problem.

Hard to win the vote of Steve and Sally Sixpack when the DNC,the national as well as most of the local media,and even some of your own people oppose your veto.

Now you’re just making excuses for Trump.

Doesn’t sound like the fighter you claim he is. In fact, your post here make him sound kind of wimpy.

But you keep on making excuses. They get more lame with each post

Really, why it would be so hard for you to say “boy I like that Trump guy and I’m gonna vote for him in 2024, but I wish hecwould try to at least reign in some of the spending if elected?”

« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 12:29:57 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Hoodat

@Hoodat

I believe in strong leadership.  I believe in a President who will do what it takes to achieve the economic survival of this nation - not one who lets the Swamp call the shots on everything budgetary.

@Hoodat

Is it Santa's fault if Trump runs up more debt in a four year period than any other President in US history?  Or maybe it's Trump's fault.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Now you’re just making excuses for Trump.

Doesn’t sound like the fighter you claim he is. In fact, your post here make him sound kind of wimpy.

Correct.  The pitfalls of making it up as you go.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

@roamer_1

It is the Executive branch that has the discretion to carry out the actual spending.  Congress can appropriate the money, but they don't get to spend the money.  That power falls on the President.

@roamer_1

You DO know that Trump's signature was at the bottom of every one of those spending bills, right?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-