Author Topic: Bill Barr predicts 'horror show' if Trump re-elected, warns he will 'deliver chaos'  (Read 2397 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 5, 2023 3:56pm EDT
Bill Barr predicts 'horror show' if Trump re-elected, warns he will 'deliver chaos'
'Trump will not deliver Trump policies. He will deliver chaos,' Barr said
By Brianna Herlihy | Fox News

Former Attorney General Bill Barr said Friday that former President Donald Trump's presidency would be a "horror show" if he were re-elected because his former boss lacks the "discipline" as well as the "ability for strategic thinking" needed to get things done.

"It is a horror show, you know, when… he's left to his own devices," Barr said in remarks at the City Club of Cleveland in Ohio on Friday.

"If you believe in his policies, what he's advertising is his policies, he's the last person who could actually execute them and achieve them," Barr said to a reporter who asked if Trump is fit to be president again.

The reporter noted that some voters say they want Trump re-elected for his policies and are willing to overlook his mistakes as president in his last term.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bill-barr-predicts-horrow-show-trump-re-elected-warns-deliver-chaos
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Bill Barr's opinion to me is worthless.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Bill Barr predicts 'horror show' if Trump re-elected, warns he will 'deliver chaos'

He is saying that like it would be a BAD thing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
And this is a guy (one of very many backstabbers) who 'Trump chose' to be on his staff.
Do not know who was advising Trump about staffing, but they had to be a Democrat(s).
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Define "chaos", Bill.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Chaos would mean prosecuting all the Bidens, Hillary Clinton (finally), Pelosi and all the inside traders in D.C. just as a start.

The very idea that a Democrat would face any kind of actual "Rule of Law" is a horror show and chaos in their minds.
Because it would overturn the tables in the temple. They can never allow that, even if they have crucify him.
What is old is new again.

I just hope he picks better people this time. Trump was surrounded by dozens of Judas staff. He should know better this time.
With Trump it was not like, "One of you will betray me."
With Trump it was more like "All of you will betray me."
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Bill Barr is a very smart guy who is 100% dead-on with these comments.  He really get to heart of the entire problem with Trump, and why what he says in his speeches and rallies ultimately is irrelevant.  Not sure why anyone who isn't a Trumper would disagree with his statements even if they don't like Barr personally:

It is a horror show, you know, when… he's left to his own devices," Barr said in remarks at the City Club of Cleveland in Ohio on Friday.

"If you believe in his policies, what he's advertising is his policies, he's the last person who could actually execute them and achieve them," Barr said to a reporter who asked if Trump is fit to be president again....

The reporter noted that some voters say they want Trump re-elected for his policies and are willing to overlook his mistakes as president in his last term.

He does not have the discipline," Barr replied. "He does not have the ability for strategic thinking and linear thinking or setting priorities or how to get things done in the system."

All dead-on.  And then he gets to the core reason of why I absolutely will not vote for the guy:

And, and so you may want his policies. But Trump will not deliver Trump policies," Barr said.

"He will deliver chaos, and if anything lead to a backlash that will set his policies much further back than they otherwise would be."

« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 11:53:29 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

Bill Barr is a very smart guy who is 100% dead-on with these comments.  He really get to heart of the entire problem with Trump, and why what he says in his speeches and rallies ultimately is irrelevant.  Not sure why anyone who isn't a Trumper would disagree with his statements even if they don't like Barr personally:

All dead-on.  And then he gets to the core reason of why I absolutely will not vote for the guy:

I never thought of Barr as a smart man, I've always though of Barr as part of the Deep State.  He absolutely did Trump and this country no good.   He was the AG, why didn't he clean up some of the corruption within the DOJ?  He had his own chaos on his hands and did nothing.

Like I stated, Barr's opinion to me is worthless.

I don't consider myself a Trumper or an anti-Trumper, just calling them as I see them.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 12:01:53 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I admire Barr for his legal acumen (I know I'm basically alone in this), but with all due respect, chaos is coming with or without Trump. Darkness is coming IMO. Where do you all think this tit-for-tat stuff is headed?

Am I alone in thinking that much?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Chaos would mean prosecuting all the Bidens, Hillary Clinton (finally), Pelosi and all the inside traders in D.C. just as a start.

The very idea that a Democrat would face any kind of actual "Rule of Law" is a horror show and chaos in their minds.
Because it would overturn the tables in the temple. They can never allow that, even if they have crucify him.
What is old is new again.

That's a good example of the kind of things that would distract Trump from getting anything of real substance actually accomplished.

Hillary, Pelosi, and the Bidens would all be has-beens irrelevant to the future of the country in 2025.  And exactly who is going to make the decision to prosecute them?  Trump himself?  The guy has the attention span of a gnat.

• Technical
That's a good example of the kind of things that would distract Trump from getting anything of real substance actually accomplished.

Hillary, Pelosi, and the Bidens would all be has-beens irrelevant to the future of the country in 2025.  And exactly who is going to make the decision to prosecute them?  Trump himself?  The guy has the attention span of a gnat.

Prosecuting the opposition would be something substantive done, frankly. And at this point, I just don't care.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I admire Barr for his legal acumen (I know I'm basically alone in this),

You're not.  He's a very smart guy and one of the best appointments Trump made.

but with all due respect, chaos is coming with or without Trump. Darkness is coming IMO. Where do you all think this tit-for-tat stuff is headed?

If you consider that chaos to be what happens when we battle the left, the I agree.  That fight is inevitable.

But I think Barr is talking about internal chaos, within the functioning of a Trump Administration itself.  It's the lack of discipline, direction, and knowledge of (and even indifference to) how the system must be worked.  Trump will be having his usual temper tantrums and late night Twitter rants while the real work that needs to be done is ignored.   Or, at least being undermined by all the other crap he can't stop doing/saying.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 12:10:46 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Prosecuting the opposition would be something substantive done, frankly. And at this point, I just don't care.

But look who he'd be going after - a retired 85 year old Nancy Pelosi, an irrelevant and loathed by both sides Hillary Clinton, and an 82 year old, dementia ridden Joe Biden who just lost his re-election and is out of politics.

Spending political capital chasing down those three instead of trying to fix the country, or at least fighting those folks on the other side who are still engaged and active, seems like a complete waste of time.   And very likely perceived that way by most voters.

Offline Kamaji

But look who he'd be going after - a retired 85 year old Nancy Pelosi, an irrelevant and loathed by both sides Hillary Clinton, and an 82 year old, dementia ridden Joe Biden who just lost his re-election and is out of politics.

Spending political capital chasing down those three instead of trying to fix the country, or at least fighting those folks on the other side who are still engaged and active, seems like a complete waste of time.   And very likely perceived that way by most voters.

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

You're not.  He's a very smart guy and one of the best appointments Trump made.

If you consider that chaos to be what happens when we battle the left, the I agree.  That fight is inevitable.

But I think Barr is talking about internal chaos, within the functioning of a Trump Administration itself.  It's the lack of discipline, direction, and knowledge of (and even indifference to) how the system must be worked.  Trump will be having his usual temper tantrums and late night Twitter rants while the real work that needs to be done is ignored.   Or, at least being undermined by all the other crap he can't stop doing/saying.

What exactly did Barr do??  I don't recall him doing a whole lot.

Meanwhile, Trump had us energy independent, re-negotiated NAFTA, boosted the economy (prior COVID) and had the border somewhat under control.  I think he did quite a bit in spite of Pelosi and Schumer, bogus impeachments and fake Russian collusion.

Agreed unfortunately, Trump has resorted back to his bullying and antics and going after conservatives.  That is why I feel it is time to pass the MAGA torch onto someone else.

Trump battled the left and rightfully so -- but where was Barr?? As AG he should have been cleaning up the corrupt DOJ that he was head of.

Offline libertybele

:thumbsup:

That wouldn't be Trump's job.  That would be up to his AG, would it not??

• Technical

If we're headed towards civil war, let's hurry up and get there. What better way to do that then round up the oppositional leaders? Hehe.

You really think Trump, or Desantis, or some new savior Reagan can fix the country at this point?

Maybe it's time to light a match and burn it all down.

I dunno, I'm a cog in a wheel, a nobody. Nothing I can do will change anything and I'm tired of it taking years off my life getting upset about it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I admire Barr for his legal acumen (I know I'm basically alone in this), but with all due respect, chaos is coming with or without Trump. Darkness is coming IMO. Where do you all think this tit-for-tat stuff is headed?

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

No,and this is one of the rare occasions where I hope I am wrong.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

I would prefer that prosecuting these international criminals be put on the back burner until we can at least START to get our economy back on track. That SHOULD be the number one priority.

Offline libertybele

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

I would prefer that prosecuting these international criminals be put on the back burner until we can at least START to get our economy back on track. That SHOULD be the number one priority.

IMHO we will NEVER get the economy back on track until we secure our borders and become energy independent -- like him or not Trump had us pointed in that direction.  Brandon has taken us backasswards.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Maj. Bill Martin

As much as it would pain me to see these traitors die as free people,I agree. Put them on the back burner,and focus on our economy and our defense systems because like it or not,the Chinese ARE going to be coming after us. Maybe not in a military sense,but at a minimu,and economic sense.

And why not? After all,our industrialists have already given them out technology,our tooling,and our experience so they can manufacture American goods to sell to America and the world.

In an idea world,these CEO's would end up going on trial for treason,and hanged when/if found guilty.

Offline roamer_1

Exactly correct.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If we're headed towards civil war, let's hurry up and get there. What better way to do that then round up the oppositional leaders? Hehe.

You really think Trump, or Desantis, or some new savior Reagan can fix the country at this point?

Maybe it's time to light a match and burn it all down.

I dunno, I'm a cog in a wheel, a nobody. Nothing I can do will change anything and I'm tired of it taking years off my life getting upset about it.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

It doesn't matter what you,I,or any of the other peons think about anything. The reality is that no matter WHAT we,or our children think,WE are the ones who will have to deal the cards dealt to us by our treasonous ruling class.

Offline roamer_1

Nope. You're right... and the whip-saw between the two opposites is nearly as damaging.

• Technical
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

It doesn't matter what you,I,or any of the other peons think about anything. The reality is that no matter WHAT we,or our children think,WE are the ones who will have to deal the cards dealt to us by our treasonous ruling class.

QFT