Author Topic: Why GOP voters are so loyal to Trump  (Read 6146 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: Why GOP voters are so loyal to Trump
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2023, 01:47:21 am »
J6 was orchestrated by the left.   

This, along with "Trump was robbed" is why the GOP will continue to lose elections
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2023, 01:57:18 am »
This, along with "Trump was robbed" is why the GOP will continue to lose elections
So, explain how that makes the GOP lose elections??? The truth is the truth.  SCOTUS looked the other way.  Our DOJ is corrupt.

Trump was a good president.  I have not changed my mind about him as a president. Sure there are things that he did that I take issue with, but every president has their flaws.  He had us pointed in a positive direction.

What I object to is him going after a conservative which goes against conservatism thriving and taking hold which I believe is much needed in '24 in order for our Republic to survive.  I also object to him resorting back to bullying. We don't need a repeat of '16.  We need a unified GOP and a unified GOP base.  That's just for starters.  We desperately need a solid push to ensure fair elections.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2023, 02:08:29 am »
“And yet, when you accuse Donald Trump of being a criminal, even with all the evidence in the world,

What evidence?  The 'evidence' screams political hit jobs.
Exactly!

A lot of poo thrown at the glass makes for bad optics, but none of it stuck.

Headlines above the fold, retractions in the legal notices.

Seven years of serious excavation, including spying on his campaign using every tool they DOJ et al has, and they have yet to come up with anything of substance.

I may have differences with Trump's handling of COVID and the expansion of the National Debt, but I don't see him as a criminal, certainly nowhere near the same weight class as the Biden Syndicate, and I do not question his patriotism, although of late I think his policies misguided somewhat (shining cities, etc.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2023, 02:12:01 am »
As for Trump losing his base, do you really think that going after a conservative isn't going to have a negative effect?

I don't think Tumpy will lose much of his base. But I DO think his base is extremely stratified. Ossified. And that means he has to win with what he has. Which he cannot do. He will find it damn hard attracting new suckers - Oops, I mean fans.

DeSantis, however, does not have the strong negatives against him in Conservatives, in the Party, nor in independents. If he throws his hat in the ring, he has a good chance to unite a winning coalition.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2023, 02:14:18 am »
Because they're still confused about the difference between pissing off libs/progs and actually getting stuff done.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2023, 02:32:18 am »
No, actually, they are just willing to ignore the evidence of their senses in order to support a very flawed leader.

And yet, the truth is that Trump is nowhere near as bad as he's made out to be by Democrats and by the weirdos at The Lincoln Project.

He needs to stand on his own virtues and also: answer for his shortcomings. That is why we have primaries and elections.

I would like to see him embrace that challenge rather than lash out at prospective challengers in his own party.   

Let's see if he can.
All leaders are flawed, none is perfect. Once you get past the first five presidents, the Republic was wandering off track.

I agree, that it seems counterproductive to squabble within the GOP, especially the Trump vs DeSantis thing. I could see where an alliance between the two would have far more potential for America's future, even an agreement to disagree about fine points of policy.
Lately, the 'shining cities' bit and this needless squabble are off-putting examples of what i regard as unforced errors on Trump's part.
He should settle the legal matters and bring up keeping the supply chain going, especially energy independence (even export), and re-filing the SPR for the future. Trump sufficiently intimidated our enemies so that a lot of the crap going on in the world would likely not have happened on his watch had the 2020 election been conducted fairly. The margin in the five key states given to Biden was altogether only about 200,000 votes, and in some less than 20,000. That, in a populous state is a relatively easy cheat (even though, imho, Biden had a lot of gap to close before he pulled ahead).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2023, 02:46:37 am »
I agree, that it seems counterproductive to squabble within the GOP, especially the Trump vs DeSantis thing. I could see where an alliance between the two would have far more potential for America's future, even an agreement to disagree about fine points of policy.

Impossible. Big government versus small government is not a fine point. It is a fundamental and immovable difference.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2023, 04:16:56 am »
Impossible. Big government versus small government is not a fine point. It is a fundamental and immovable difference.

Yeah, I'm with you on that.  The stupid Freedom cities are never going to happen, but it shows where his mind is.  Same with his ideas for solving homelessness and addiction in blue cities.   I think there's a serious chance that he'd agree to significant additional social programs/handouts simply to become more popular. At the same time, he'll absolutely squash any attempt to fix SS or Medicare.  And why would he?  He'll be out of office when SS runs out, so he figures someone else will get the blame.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2023, 04:18:13 am »
Because they're still confused about the difference between pissing off libs/progs and actually getting stuff done.

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2023, 05:24:00 am »
Yeah, I'm with you on that.  The stupid Freedom cities are never going to happen, but it shows where his mind is.  Same with his ideas for solving homelessness and addiction in blue cities.   I think there's a serious chance that he'd agree to significant additional social programs/handouts simply to become more popular. At the same time, he'll absolutely squash any attempt to fix SS or Medicare.  And why would he?  He'll be out of office when SS runs out, so he figures someone else will get the blame.

This is a guy who’s blasted any cuts to the low hanging fruit boondoggle called ethanol subsidies. And who has voice support for some type of government run healthcare in the not so distant past.

Why wouldn’t he add social programs to an already strained budget
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2023, 05:25:02 am »
I don't think Tumpy will lose much of his base. But I DO think his base is extremely stratified. Ossified. And that means he has to win with what he has. Which he cannot do. He will find it damn hard attracting new suckers - Oops, I mean fans.

DeSantis, however, does not have the strong negatives against him in Conservatives, in the Party, nor in independents. If he throws his hat in the ring, he has a good chance to unite a winning coalition.

Any Republican has the opportunity to appeal to people beyond the entrenched MAGA base

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2023, 06:57:14 am »

He's always been big government... big show... It's how he thinks.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2023, 06:59:06 am »
Any Republican has the opportunity to appeal to people beyond the entrenched MAGA base

Except in that he should be Conservative - Conservatives will not fully support a moderate or liberal candidate... And that's the formula required for the Reagan Coalition.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2023, 07:13:10 am »
Loyalty?

Maybe one of the general traits I hate most in humans is the insistence of entitlement.

And Trump's screaming for this makes me more disgusted with him by the day. His recent hard left turn politically tells me deserves NOTHING from Conservatives.

Loyalty?.....  You'll get none from me, orange guy.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Widget Jr

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2023, 12:51:15 am »
Becasue we know that that Democrats, the DOJ, and FBI were out to get him before he was sworn in.
That he got burned by the Democrats, the press, and a complacent GOP.That 2020 was stolen (basic Excel and stats are pretty basic).That both impeachments were crap.

And we are not going to forget it.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2023, 12:57:50 am »
Becasue we know that that Democrats, the DOJ, and FBI were out to get him before he was sworn in.
That he got burned by the Democrats, the press, and a complacent GOP.That 2020 was stolen (basic Excel and stats are pretty basic).That both impeachments were crap.

Welcome to The Briefing Room forum @Widget Jr   Yes, the election was stolen.  I get that.  However, right now Trump is going after a very popular and conservative governor.  That's wrong on all counts. So wrong, that I won't vote for him.

Conservatism is the way forward and if conservatism doesn't win in '24 our Republic is over. 

BTW the GOP and the RNC aren't doing much to ensure election integrity.  So, what's to prevent another election from being stolen?  Instead of Trump rehashing what was done to him, he needs to convey to his base that they need to become involved at their local precincts.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2023, 01:10:17 am »
As long as republican candidates embrace the “Trump was robbed”  meme, expect to lose more elections.

Hillary Clinton is going to go to her grave insisting that the 2016 election was stolen from her. But she’s not out there promoting candidates for office that publicly state that. Only the GOP seems to be that dumb.

“Election deniers” was used with devastating effect in 2022 along with “ MAGA Republicans.”  Trump is very toxic to the voting public.

That does not mean that I think there should be a lot of things in our election process that need to be changed. And January 6 is always going to haunt  Trump and his supporters with the public at large.

The Democrats are winning not because the public thinks their ideas are great. They just look at the alternative. A year or two ago when Macron won reelection in France even though the French people were dissatisfied with conditions in France and he had a 30 some percent job approval rating, I warned that that could be repeated here in our presidential election.

The 2022 midterms should have been a red wave. I am sick of watching the Democrats win simply by hanging Trump in front of the voting public. Watch at some point more and more republican candidates try to distance themselves from him
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 01:11:32 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Hoodat

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2023, 05:51:12 am »
Maybe the GOP should pass a rule prohibiting Democrats from running in Republican primaries.  That would eliminate Trump right there.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2023, 06:13:18 pm »

The 2022 midterms should have been a red wave. I am sick of watching the Democrats win simply by hanging Trump in front of the voting public.

Can you imagine the fun the democrats would have hanging DeSantis's six week abortion ban, the state deciding what you can read, the fight with Mickey Mouse and insistance you work until 70 for higher Medicare premiums in front of voters?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2023, 11:16:15 pm »

So how is attacking a popular...successful Conservative governor going to remedy any of that?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2023, 11:16:52 pm »
I found who I may vote for in 2024

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CUfRwYcaL-k
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 11:19:54 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2023, 11:21:56 pm »
Can you imagine the fun the democrats would have hanging DeSantis's six week abortion ban, the state deciding what you can read, the fight with Mickey Mouse and insistance you work until 70 for higher Medicare premiums in front of voters?

Can you imagine the fun the DEMS are going to have blaming Trump for COVID, a crisis at our border, failure in Afghanistan and a failed economy??  (Psss.... they're already doing it).

I happen to like DeSantis's six week abortion ban, I defend his fight with Mickey and Minnie and I have not hear him say anything about insisting people work until their 70.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2023, 11:26:01 pm »
Can you imagine the fun the DEMS are going to have blaming Trump for COVID, a crisis at our border, failure in Afghanistan and a failed economy??  (Psss.... they're already doing it).

I would add January 6 to that. I just saw a commercial on YouTube from the DNC that are painting Joe Biden as the optimistic defender of democracy and freedom and it contain footage from January 6

It is my opinion that the events of January 6 probably damaged Donald Trump with the electorate permanently

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2023, 11:28:29 pm »

Can you imagine all the Conservatives shouting approval and rushing to help?

Well sure you can, which is why you're trying to Tump him down....  :whistle:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2023, 11:35:00 pm »
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 11:37:53 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley