Author Topic: “No Bricks, No Glass, No Cement” – What Net Zero 2050 Demands According to Government-Funded Report  (Read 223 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“No Bricks, No Glass, No Cement” – What Net Zero 2050 Demands According to Government-Funded Report
BY CHRIS MORRISON 28 APRIL 2023 7:00 AM

No bricks, the walls and foundations made of compacted earth, cement made from clay and glass scavenged from demolition skips are just some of the construction changes needed to comply with Net Zero by 2050. The latest paper from Government-funded U.K. FIRES looks to “minimise new construction”, and notes the shape of the urban environment will change, allowing for “denser living and reduced transport needs”.

The latest U.K. FIRES paper seems to have slipped out quietly at the end of last year and has to date attracted little publicity. But the group, which comprises a number of academics led by Cambridge engineering professor Julian Allwood, made headlines around the world recently with previous work noting that all flying and shipping must stop by 2050, beef and lamb must be banned, and only 60% of energy will be available to cook food and heat homes. The group, which receives £5 million from Government sources,  is interesting because it bases its recommendations on the brutal, and many would argue honest, reality of absolute Net Zero. It does not assume that technological processes still to be perfected or even invented will somehow lead to minimal disturbance in comfortable industrialised lifestyles. It could be further argued that its continued existence and pronouncements are important, since they highlight the dishonesty and deceit that surrounds many other Net Zero promoters.

U.K. FIRES sees the future of construction based on stone, earth and timber, along with components “reused and repurposed” from demolition. Recycled steel, cement and bricks can be used, although this will be “constrained” – rationed might be a better word – by a supply of “non-emitting electricity under high demand”. Transformational construction changes will take longer to achieve, state the authors, but the U.K.’s ambitious target of a 45% reduction in emissions by 2030, “can only be achieved through reduced material demand”.

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/04/28/no-bricks-no-glass-no-cement-what-net-zero-2050-demands-according-to-government-funded-report/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
While the west is so obsessed with saving the world, tyrants, dictators, and communists are obsessed with taking it over. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
I modified the Ranger's brilliant comment:

While the west is so obsessed with saving the world from trace amounts of a harmless gas, carbon dioxide, which increases plant growth and has no effect on the climate, tyrants, dictators, and communists are obsessed with taking over the world.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline roamer_1

Good luck trying for high density cities when a lack of glass and steel and concrete limit building heights to under five stories.

This bullcrap is so self-contradictory as to be laughable.

This is what happens in societal bubbles where dissenting voices are crushed.