Author Topic: DOE vs. Gas Cooking: A Review of Critical Comments  (Read 130 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DOE vs. Gas Cooking: A Review of Critical Comments
« on: April 28, 2023, 10:29:41 am »
DOE vs. Gas Cooking: A Review of Critical Comments
9 hours ago Guest Blogger 
By Mark Krebs — April 27, 2023

The filed comments exceeded expectations. The free-market commenters were especially prevalent and displayed great content. Some trade associations also deserve special recognition.

Biden’s “whole of government” Department of Justice is becoming far less likely to challenge DOE on matters of fuel neutrality.

Good news! Filed comments opposing the U.S. Department of Energy’s “Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Conventional Cooking Products (Ovens)” beat the other side in quantity, quality and range. The sheer volume of opposition comments makes a summary difficult, as does the new format of the regulations.gov website (requiring each numbered comment be opened one-by-one to identify the sender’s identity). There are 2,650 comments in this docket, dating back to Feb 24, 2014. [1]

The following table is provided to give examples of some of the more thorough yet diverse comments opposing adoption filed in the last few days before the comment period closed on April 17th:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/04/27/doe-vs-gas-cooking-a-review-of-critical-comments/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson