Author Topic: Boy Scouts of America to begin paying $2.4 billion to over 82,000 sexual abuse victims  (Read 1708 times)

Offline libertybele

Boy Scouts of America to begin paying $2.4 billion to over 82,000 sexual abuse victims

After emerging from bankruptcy, the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) reached a settlement to pay over 82,000 abuse victims using a massive trust fund.

According to CNN, the Victims Compensation Trust was established after a Delaware judge approved the plan in 2022 during the BSA's bankruptcy reorganization.

Over $2.4 billion will be used to pay out to over 82,000 victims who claim they were sexually abused as children by the organization's leaders and volunteers. The sum represents approximately $30,000 per person.

“This is a significant milestone for the BSA as we emerge from a three-year financial restructuring process with a global resolution approved with overwhelming support of more than 85% of the survivors involved in the case,” said chief scout executive, president, and CEO Roger Mosby.

“Our hope is that our Plan of Reorganization will bring some measure of peace to survivors of past abuse in Scouting, whose bravery, patience and willingness to share their experiences has moved us beyond words,” his statement read...............

https://www.theblaze.com/news/boy-scouts-being-billions-inpayouts
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Wait I just had a repressed memory unrepress! I was sexually abused at a campout when I was a cub scout...prove me wrong. I can't get worked up considering what the BS has devolved to over the years, good riddance.

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Boy Scouts of America to begin paying $2.4 billion to over 82,000 sexual abuse victims

After emerging from bankruptcy, the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) reached a settlement to pay over 82,000 abuse victims using a massive trust fund.

According to CNN, the Victims Compensation Trust was established after a Delaware judge approved the plan in 2022 during the BSA's bankruptcy reorganization.

Over $2.4 billion will be used to pay out to over 82,000 victims who claim they were sexually abused as children by the organization's leaders and volunteers. The sum represents approximately $30,000 per person.

“This is a significant milestone for the BSA as we emerge from a three-year financial restructuring process with a global resolution approved with overwhelming support of more than 85% of the survivors involved in the case,” said chief scout executive, president, and CEO Roger Mosby.

“Our hope is that our Plan of Reorganization will bring some measure of peace to survivors of past abuse in Scouting, whose bravery, patience and willingness to share their experiences has moved us beyond words,” his statement read...............

https://www.theblaze.com/news/boy-scouts-being-billions-inpayouts
Either they have some serious pedo apologists donating tons of cash or they're sacrificing much of the program's assets to subsidize this. I quit them after 20+ years when they allowed trannies to sign up and wouldn't provide any guidance, rules or top cover.  Eff 'em...hope they bear the fruit. 
https://blog.traillifeusa.com/trail-life-usa-a-faith-based-alternative-to-boy-scouts
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline libertybele

Either they have some serious pedo apologists donating tons of cash or they're sacrificing much of the program's assets to subsidize this. I quit them after 20+ years when they allowed trannies to sign up and wouldn't provide any guidance, rules or top cover.  Eff 'em...hope they bear the fruit. 
https://blog.traillifeusa.com/trail-life-usa-a-faith-based-alternative-to-boy-scouts

I had no idea.  Disgusting.   **nononono*
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline GtHawk

Either they have some serious pedo apologists donating tons of cash or they're sacrificing much of the program's assets to subsidize this. I quit them after 20+ years when they allowed trannies to sign up and wouldn't provide any guidance, rules or top cover. Eff 'em...hope they bear the fruit. 
More like they bore the fruit and now they are being harvested, glad my father in law who earned his eagle scout back in the days of the depression wasn't around to see the last twenty plus years, it would have broke his heart.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Homosexuals DEMANDED to be scoutmasters and leaders, claiming they were not molesters.

Once you start down the path of homosexual sin, it only gets worse.
Homosexuals are perverts, and commit violence and murder far more often than real men.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Homosexuals DEMANDED to be scoutmasters and leaders, claiming they were not molesters.

Once you start down the path of homosexual sin, it only gets worse.
Homosexuals are perverts, and commit violence and murder far more often than real men.

Yep. That's it in a nutshell, the organization was targeted because it was a target rich environment for groomers and molestors, and now it is paying for the decisions of judges who ruled they could not keep them out.

Other target rich environments for such predators include sports teams, schools, and the flocks of the clergy--not to mention local library story hours...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
It's the latter.

The local council recently had to sell the scout camp where I went as a kid.
https://www.bradfordera.com/news/former-scout-camp-elk-lick-has-new-owner/article_ecf445e3-da8f-5fe5-939d-b9368092d89f.html
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Was in the scout as well. F 'em.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I was one way back, and did not see, notice, or ever hear of any pedo kind of activities.

I guess it happened, but it is a crying shame that between the Pedos and the Lawyers they  destroyed an organization that did wonderful things to help boys in ever respect.  From survival skills, to patriotism, to morality, etc. etc. 

The destruction of this institution is a crying shame.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

I was one way back, and did not see, notice, or ever hear of any pedo kind of activities.

I guess it happened, but it is a crying shame that between the Pedos and the Lawyers they  destroyed an organization that did wonderful things to help boys in ever respect.  From survival skills, to patriotism, to morality, etc. etc. 

:thumbsup:

Offline GtHawk

Because back in the day any father's who found out would have probably beat to hell or disappeared the pervert,( gosh Sheriff I have no idea what happened to Phil, he said he was going on a hike) homosexuals and pedophiles weren't revered by the left back then.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 04:28:07 pm by GtHawk »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Our BS Troop Scout Master was an ex drill sergeant. If any pedo shenanigans were ever to happen by an advisor/Priest I'm pretty sure there would be hell to pay.  Loved my scouting experience. With the exception of the big Boy Scout Jamborees. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Our BS Troop Scout Master was an ex drill sergeant. If any pedo shenanigans were ever to happen by an advisor/Priest I'm pretty sure there would be hell to pay.  Loved my scouting experience. With the exception of the big Boy Scout Jamborees.

Ours had two.  In fact one of them often argued that the Boy Scouts was early experience and training for the miitary. 

In any case, my ability to go on a Philmont trek at age 14, was one of the most exciting experiences I had in my life.  This was an institute that had so much to add, and now has been shot to hell by nefarious elements.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Where, pray tell, will this $2.4 billion come from? Surely you can't believe that BSA has that kind of dough available now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Where, pray tell, will this $2.4 billion come from? Surely you can't believe that BSA has that kind of dough available now.

Just like the nearly $800M supposedly due to Dominion.  The left has entrenched massive frivilousness  into the civil courts in a manner to destroy anything that isn't SJW or left leaning.

I think we need to employ teams of legal watchdogs and do the same.  Cut them off at the freakin knees.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 07:01:42 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Ours had two.  In fact one of them often argued that the Boy Scouts was early experience and training for the miitary. 

Well, we did learn how to stand at attention!  And discipline, respect for others, and patriotism, and how to be a good citizen, so there was that.  Of course todays leftist hate that sort of indoctrination!

Offline Smokin Joe

I think it started really happening after the homosexuals sued to be scoutmasters...

..and the outcome was predicted when that happened.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

We were a pretty tight group. While we had our differences internally, hurt one of us, hurt all of us, and there would have been Hell to pay before the scoutmaster ever found out. We knew the value of a blanket party, even then. Sleeping bags just made it easier.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

We were a pretty tight group. While we had our differences internally, hurt one of us, hurt all of us, and there would have been Hell to pay before the scoutmaster ever found out. We knew the value of a blanket party, even then. Sleeping bags just made it easier.

Well we never had a "blanket party" in our troupe.  Way before anyone broke backed.

Offline Smokin Joe

Well we never had a "blanket party" in our troupe.  Way before anyone broke backed.
We had only one, and it was pretty tame. IMHO, the guy was a jerk, and got what he had coming, but was let off easier than I would have. He cleaned up his act after that.
We had a few 'snipe hunts' and a few knuckle-dusters, but there wasn't any broke backed stuff going on in our Troop.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Welcome to the 21st century.

All of our institutions, from churches and scouting to marriage and family, are being deconstructed and destroyed—at least the ones that are independent of Big Government (so the military, for now, is safe). The American Way, for all intents and purposes, is no more.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Kamaji

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.