Author Topic: Boy Scouts of America to begin paying $2.4 billion to over 82,000 sexual abuse victims  (Read 1702 times)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I was one way back, and did not see, notice, or ever hear of any pedo kind of activities.

@catfish1957

I was a Boy Scout for about 15 minutes. Ok,ok. I was  a BS until my first camping trip.

One of the Scout Masters was a little too "touchy-feely" for my tastes,and I got into his face about it in public. I had no idea there was  even such  a word as "pedophile" back then,but I instinctively knew there was something wrong with  that SOB.

So I got kicked out of the Scouts.

Unfortunately,"Dickie" (the name he wanted to be called) was also a Little League Honcho as well as a "Summer Youth Team Leader" at the local elementary school,where kids could go in summer  to build model airplanes,learn to play  tennis,etc,etc,etc. He got me kicked out of both when he caught me telling dirty jokes to the other kids. Dirty HETROSEXUAL jokes. Hell,at that  time I didn't even know there was  such  a thing as homosexuals. I DID know I didn't like him trying to hug me and "adjust my cup",though.

Odd how he just LOVED little boys,and was unmarried and in his 30's.

I guess it happened, but it is a crying shame that between the Pedos and the Lawyers they  destroyed an organization that did wonderful things to help boys in ever respect.  From survival skills, to patriotism, to morality, etc. etc. 

I agree. The problems  were with the  local leadership,not the organization. SOMEBODY that was an adult really  needed to pay attention to what was going on,but it seems like nobody dared or nobody cared. Maybe it was just "the times",and  people wanting to ignore unpleasant subjects?

The destruction of this institution is a crying shame.

Yes,it is.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!