Author Topic: Top House Democrat says males competing against females is an 'issue that doesn't really exist'  (Read 408 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Top House Democrat says males competing against females is an 'issue that doesn't really exist'
Story by Thomas Catenacci • Yesterday 12:39 PM

Rep. Jeffries says MAGA Republicans are sensationalizing transgender athletes on school sports teams

House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries, D-N.Y., downplayed widespread concerns Thursday about biological males competing against biological females in spots competitions.

Jeffries' comments came shortly after the House passed the Protection of Women and Girls in Sports Act in a 219-203 party-line vote. The legislation, introduced in February by Rep. Greg Steube, R-Fla., would require biological females to only compete against other biological females in women's sports that receive federal funding under Title IX, a 1972 civil rights statute prohibiting sex-based discrimination in education.

"MAGA Republicans are trying to sensationalize an issue that doesn't really exist in the way that they are falsely portraying," Jeffries told reporters following the vote.

During the vote, every Republican unanimously voted in favor of Steube's legislation while Democrats unanimously voted against it. In addition, 10 Democrats and three Republicans didn't take part in the vote.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/top-house-democrat-says-males-competing-against-females-is-an-issue-that-doesn-t-really-exist/ar-AA1a76Fz?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d352bd321a164f64b01c120227ac7dcf&ei=27
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

What a load of tripe.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
When politics and cult ideology become truth over science and evidence.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Let's see how Jeffries feels when the next time he picks up a, er, one night date when the date turns up having a dangle at the angle....then again :pondering:

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
The blind legacy of the fools thinking it doesn't matter that democrats demand a one party rule, totalitarian government.  Elections matter, blind fools far too blind to see it yet!
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions