Author Topic: Durbin to GOP: How about a little help on Biden's judges? "When hell freezes over," says ...McConnel  (Read 134 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Durbin to GOP: How about a little help on Biden's judges? "When hell freezes over," says ... Update: McConnell: Fuhgeddaboudit
Ed Morrissey 11:21 AM on April 18, 2023

Who is our mystery guest among Senate Republicans? Patience, please!

To set the scene, the return of John Fetterman to the Senate has not solved all the problems Chuck Schumer and Dick Durbin face — especially the latter. Durbin sits on the Senate Judiciary Committee, and so does Dianne Feinstein — who’s been MIA for months and has no return date. That leaves the SJC evenly split between Democrats and Republicans, and it leaves Joe Biden’s radical judicial nominees in limbo, as it takes a majority vote for them to move forward to confirmation in the full Senate.

Democrats want to swap Feinstein out with another Senate Democrat until her return. That maneuver, however, has to be approved by the full Senate and is subject to a filibuster. That left SJC chair Durbin begging for some Republican help to uncork the conveyor belt of Biden’s progressive judicial picks:

“It just boils down to this — tomorrow this could happen to the Republicans, and they could find themselves in a vulnerable position through no fault of their own,” he told a group of reporters, including NBC News, on Capitol Hill. “I hope that they’ll show a little kindness and caring for their colleague. She’s in a delicate part of her life and her Senate service and they should stand by her and give her a dignified departure from the committee.”

“She is obviously sensitive to the fact that her absence has an impact on the committee,” he continued. “I think we can take care of this issue, do it very quickly, and I hope we can find 10 Republicans who will join us in that effort.”

more
https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2023/04/18/durbin-to-gop-how-about-a-little-help-on-bidens-judges-when-hell-freezes-over-says-n544560
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34