Author Topic: Trump tells Disney to move OUT of Florida in their war with Ron DeSantis  (Read 7407 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: Trump tells Disney to move OUT of Florida in their war with Ron DeSantis
« Reply #175 on: April 25, 2023, 01:55:54 am »
Can anyone think of any issue Trump is positioning himself on that's to the right of RDS?

I can't come up with one where Trump is to the right of Mitt Romney.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #176 on: April 25, 2023, 01:58:07 am »
I can't come up with one where Trump is to the right of Mitt Romney.

Can you recall either McCain or Romney using left wing blogs and websites to go after their primary opponents?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #177 on: April 25, 2023, 02:01:54 am »
None.  Trump is leaning more and more to the left.

The following is a cut and paste from one of my earlier posts....

In primary politics, you go after your opponent on the leanings of your party. In Democrat primaries, the candidates attack their opponents from the left. In  the GOP, it’s from the right. Of course, once somebody wins the primary and move on to the general election, they moderate their positions to try to match closely the center

Donald Trump has decided to attack his opponents from the left. This has a danger of pulling other republican candidates leftward. And the big issue I think that’s going to get lost in the Republican primary  is the spending issue. What will the other Republican candidates do if they see Donald Trump continuing to stay ahead in the polls in the Republican primary by promising big spending projects?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #178 on: April 25, 2023, 02:06:15 am »
   The Man without Principles will soon be what we could ever possibly want him to be, be patient you Briefers.    :smokin:

I'm not a big social conservative. I don't support blanket abortion bans and  I'm not on board with kid sex shows or transitioning kids. But I do agree we are losing our moral compass

But I am a fiscal  conservative and Trump was one of the worst.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 02:16:10 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #179 on: April 25, 2023, 02:57:29 am »
It contradicts your earlier statement.  You stated that Reagan had not made a career in politics.

@Hoodat

Yes,I did.

Yet Reagan first became active in politics in the late 1940s.  He actively supported the Presidential campaigns of Harry Truman, Dwight Eisenhower, Richard Nixon, and Barry Goldwater.

He was still an actor,and supporting political candidates doesn't change that.

He served two terms as Governor of California, and ran for President three times.

AFTER he quit acting.

Ironically, the person who engineered Reagan's defeat in 1976 is the same guy that Donald Trump hired to be his campaign manager in 2016.

Pro politics is an insider deal. Newbies like Trump have to hire whoever is available and seems to have the most experience. I like to think he has learned some lessons since his last campaign,but will be happy  if all he does is throw some "legislative bombs" while in office.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #180 on: April 25, 2023, 03:03:58 am »
[...] but will be happy  if all he does is throw some "legislative bombs" while in office.

What a low bar, @sneakypete ... Wasting yet another 4 years for more candy thrown by the clown at the front of the parade. And how many trillions will it cost us this time?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #181 on: April 25, 2023, 03:08:59 am »
What a low bar, @sneakypete ... Wasting yet another 4 years for more candy thrown by the clown at the front of the parade. And how many trillions will it cost us this time?

@roamer_1

Oh,get  off your high horse. There is not ONE single candidate that is going to run for the WH that is going to even try to do a damn thing about it,WITH THE POSSIBLE exception of Trump,who might do it just to piss some people off.

Even if one  DOES run,he or she stands about as much chance of being elected as President as I do,and I'm not even running.

We live in a real world,not some fantasy world where you can jump up,click your heels 3 times,and get your wish.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #182 on: April 25, 2023, 03:24:20 am »
@roamer_1

Oh,get  off your high horse. There is not ONE single candidate that is going to run for the WH that is going to even try to do a damn thing about it,WITH THE POSSIBLE exception of Trump,who might do it just to piss some people off.

Even if one  DOES run,he or she stands about as much chance of being elected as President as I do,and I'm not even running.

We live in a real world,not some fantasy world where you can jump up,click your heels 3 times,and get your wish.

I think you're stone dead wrong @sneakypete .

DeSantis is TEA Party. I will happily bet on that. He has actively moved the ball in FL, and while in Congress... Much more change than we got outta Tumpy boy.

And no, Tumpy won't do a damn thing about anything - We already know that. And we can also predict the cost. And that makes him untenable.

Four more years of drama... whining, and crying, and throwing dirt in the air... at the cost of maybe 10s of trillions...

Absolutely don't need more of that.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #183 on: April 25, 2023, 03:27:34 am »
@roamer_1

:mauslaff:

You have got to be kidding me.  If Trump does anything, it'll be more of the same as before:  profligate leftist-inspired spending, administrative incompetence (see Anthony Scaramucci), and continued weakening of the office of president through intemperate use of executive orders without going through the deliberative process first.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #184 on: April 25, 2023, 05:23:33 am »
@roamer_1

:thumbsup:. @sneakypete

Online Hoodat

« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2023, 10:09:42 am »
I'll take the guy who has balanced the budget of his own State over the guy who has declared bankruptcy four times and who had a track record of running up more debt in a four year period than any other President in US history any day of the week.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2023, 10:20:38 am »
I'll take the guy who has balanced the budget of his own State over the guy who has declared bankruptcy four times and who had a track record of running up more debt in a four year period than any other President in US history any day of the week.

:thumbsup:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2023, 11:19:49 am »

Lol…

Ouch

Ron DeSantis…$21.8 billion dollar surplus(highest in Florida’s history)

Donald Trump…$7.8 trillion in debt(highest debt in dollars in a short time than any other president) and laid the groundwork for the inflation that Biden fueled
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 11:56:30 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #188 on: April 25, 2023, 11:23:03 am »
:mauslaff:

You have got to be kidding me.  If Trump does anything, it'll be more of the same as before:  profligate leftist-inspired spending, administrative incompetence (see Anthony Scaramucci), and continued weakening of the office of president through intemperate use of executive orders without going through the deliberative process first.

Oh ye of no faith

We have a whole thread on this here very forum of Trump’s policies and all the wonderful magical things he will do if we just give him another chance(never mind he did little to none of them the first time):rolling:

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #189 on: April 25, 2023, 11:59:56 am »
I think you're stone dead wrong @sneakypete .

@roamer_1

Ok.

I happen to think the same about you.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2023, 12:40:31 pm »

:thumbsup:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2023, 02:19:50 pm »
@roamer_1

Ok.

I happen to think the same about you.

@sneakypete

The difference being, my opinion is not drawn from magical thinking, but from facts and sign on the ground.

There is nothing to prove the things you assert - The way you think Tumpy will act, that he cannot be bribed (which I don't believe), or that his only cause is his legacy, and in that he will save us all (messianic nonsense). There is nothing for any of that but faith.

On the other hand, every one of my assertions come from the record, or from Tumpy's own mouth. I can readily predict what he will get done (nothing), because he will be cornered again in the White House - He will piss off those he should ally with, and therein will not have the power to oppose anything, because like before, he will be a man alone... with nothing but EOs to govern with.

And I also know and can predict the cost of that... based upon his record.

That is the predictable end. One more GIANT burnout with little to gain, and trillions upon trillions to lose. But it WILL be a big show.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #192 on: April 25, 2023, 02:23:08 pm »

Me too. Hands down.

Online corbe

« Reply #193 on: April 25, 2023, 02:50:13 pm »
   It's sad really that this is what we have to look forward to as we grow older, either a vegetable like bidet or a demonrat like Trump.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #195 on: April 25, 2023, 04:59:29 pm »
For those who have forgotten, the below URL links to a draft PDF copy of a PowerPoint presentation for Trump's January 6th Spray Tan Putsch ...

https://wehco.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/news/documents/2021/12/11/voter-fraud.pdf

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #196 on: April 26, 2023, 10:03:58 pm »
It seems catfish was right about Nikki Haley.  White knighting for a bunch of woke executives.     Eew.

Online libertybele

« Reply #197 on: April 26, 2023, 10:09:08 pm »

Amen!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #198 on: April 26, 2023, 10:10:08 pm »
It seems catfish was right about Nikki Haley.  White knighting for a bunch of woke executives.     Eew.

Eww is right. No worries though, I don't think she has any chance whatsoever of becoming the nominee. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #199 on: April 27, 2023, 05:06:42 am »
Disney Files First Amendment Lawsuit Against Ron DeSantis Over Florida Theme Park Takeover
Variety, Apr 26, 2023

The Walt Disney Co. on Wednesday filed a First Amendment lawsuit against Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis for orchestrating a “campaign of government retaliation” for the company’s opposition to the “Don’t Say Gay” legislation.

The lawsuit marks an escalation in the yearlong battle between DeSantis and Disney, and comes as the governor’s allies are engaged in renewed efforts to assert control over Disney’s Orlando theme parks.

Disney filed the suit in federal court in Florida. It asks a judge to declare that the state takeover of the Reedy Creek Improvement District is “unlawful and unenforceable” because the purpose was “retaliation for Disney’s political speech in violation of the First Amendment.”

In the lawsuit, Disney said it regretted that it could not reach a resolution with the governor and had to go to court.

“Disney finds itself in this regrettable position because it expressed a viewpoint the Governor and his allies did not like. Disney wishes that things could have been resolved a different way,” the lawsuit states. “But Disney also knows that it is fortunate to have the resources to take a stand against the State’s retaliation—a stand smaller businesses and individuals might not be able to take when the State comes after them for expressing their own views. In America, the government cannot punish you for speaking your mind.”

In response, DeSantis’ spokesperson said that Disney is seeking to “undermine the will of the Florida voters.”

The suit also quotes DeSantis’ recent comments in which he mused about further potential retaliatory steps, including taxes on Disney’s hotels, tolls on the roads, and building a state prison adjacent to the Disney parks.

“Who knows?” the governor said. “I just think the possibilities are endless.”

"Disney has never wanted a fight with the Florida government,” the lawsuit states. “The Company sought to de-escalate the matter for nearly a year, trying several times to spark a productive dialogue with the DeSantis Administration. To no avail.”

Disney plans to invest $17 billion in Walt Disney World over the next decade, which the company said will generate 13,000 jobs. The lawsuit defends Disney’s decision, in January, to implement its comprehensive plan by entering into the contracts with the Disney-controlled Reedy Creek board.

The suit argues that the contracts were not a surprise, because they were publicly noticed, and do not undermine the authority of the new board. The new board still has power over building permits, taxes, roads, bonds and eminent domain, the suit states.

The suit asks the court to uphold the contracts, and overturn the new board’s effort to void them as an unlawful taking and a violation of the Constitution’s contracts clause.

The state Senate is also considering a bill that would give state regulators the power to regulate Disney’s monorails.

https://variety.com/2023/biz/news/disney-ron-desantis-lawsuit-1235595373/