Author Topic: Trump tells Disney to move OUT of Florida in their war with Ron DeSantis  (Read 7377 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Trump tells Disney to move OUT of Florida in their war with Ron DeSantis

Donald Trump has urged Disney to leave Florida in a move that would be a financial 'killer' for Ron DeSantis.

The former president said the Florida Governor and potential 2024 presidential rival is being 'destroyed' by the Magic Kingdom and claimed his 'original P.R. plan fizzled'.

He said the corporation could start selling properties and moving money out of the state in the feud over who has control over the Reedy Creek Improvement District.

Meanwhile, Walt Disney Co. donated a whopping $10.5 million to Trump’s America First Action in the 2020 election cycle, according to Open Secrets.

In the most recent escalation in the war with Disney, DeSantis threatened to build a prison next to the theme park as payback.

DeSanctus is being absolutely destroyed by Disney,' Trump claimed in a Truth Social post on Tuesday morning, seeming to employ a shorter version of his usual nickname 'DeSanctimonious'.

'His original P.R. plan fizzled, so now he's going back with a new one in order to save face,' he added of DeSantis. 'Disney's next move will be the announcement that no more money will be invested in Florida because of the Governor - In fact, they could even announce a slow withdrawal or sale of certain properties, or the whole thing. Watch! That would be a killer.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11986333/Trump-backs-Disney-urges-Florida-war-Ron-DeSantis.html

So Trump is now going after not just a Republican governor, but an entire Republican state.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 04:34:33 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online cato potatoe

No corporation should run a local government.  If Disney execs opt to slaughter their cash cow in order to prove a point, they are going to have a problem with the shareholders. 

As for Trump, he has lived his life as lizard brain with a fat ass.  If he thinks amnesty and Universal Basic Income will help his campaign, he will embrace them without hesitation.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

There used to be an old saying, "The business of America is Business".

With this government official insanity in the US, Disney might be better off to move outside the US completely.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline roamer_1

So Trump is now going after not just a Republican governor, but an entire Republican state.

And taking the side of the pedo groomers. What a tin ear,

Offline roamer_1

[...] Disney might be better off to move outside the US completely.

Good riddance.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

With this government official insanity in the US, Disney might be better off to move outside the US completely.

Literally all DeSantis tried to do was to remove special, preferential treatment that Disney had been receiving, and have it treated the exact same as every other business under Florida law.   That's why all of Disney's legal challenges to this have failed.  For that same reason, I can't understand why anyone would choose to side with Disney on this.

Also, you may be unaware that Disney already has theme parks overseas at multiple locations.  If Disney believed it could make a profit by opening more parks overseas, it would do so regardless of what was going on in Florida because you wouldn't be moving those physical assets, but rather just building entirely new ones.

What you're really talking about is Disney closing ( not "moving") Disnew World, and constructing an entirely new park somewhere else in the United States that would be accessible to the same customer base.

For a variety of reasons, including the modern practical impossibility of acquiring that much usable land in a desirable location, that won't happen.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 05:44:36 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online cato potatoe

If business is going to be regulated, the law should apply evenly.  Disney Corp got a sweetheart deal in the wake of Walt Disney’s passing.  Walt’s successors did not follow through on their end of the deal.  A theme park was constructed rather than a “city of tomorrow,” and the district left them with a competitive advantage.  The district should have been abolished long ago, before it was racked with debt. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 05:29:19 pm by cato potatoe »

Offline libertybele

Trump can kiss my grits.  I am absolutely disgusted with him.  He's despicable!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Literally all DeSantis tried to do was to remove special, preferential treatment that Disney had been receiving, and have it treated the exact same as every other business under Florida law.   That's why all of Disney's legal challenges to this have failed.

If business is going to be regulated, the law should apply evenly.  Disney Corp got a sweetheart deal in the wake of Walt Disney’s passing.  Walt’s successors did not follow through on their end of the deal.  A theme park was constructed rather than a “city of tomorrow,” and the district left them with a competitive advantage.  The district should have been abolished long ago, before it was racked with debt. 

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I suspect this kind of political and personal vindictiveness, regardless of harm caused, would be exactly what we could expect to see of Trump if he somehow managed to get elected again.   And the targets would include a lot of good Republicans whose only offense was being insufficiently deferential to Lord Trump.

Offline ScottinVA

There goes Trump again with his meataxe approach toward an issue of which he seems to have little understanding.  DeSantis is attempting to curb the special treatment given to Disney. 

Offline libertybele

I suspect this kind of political and personal vindictiveness, regardless of harm caused, would be exactly what we could expect to see of Trump if he somehow managed to get elected again.   And the targets would include a lot of good Republicans whose only offense was being insufficiently deferential to Lord Trump.

While president, Trump did show some restraint. However, I believe you are correct; his second time around I don't think he'll show any restraint and that has always concerned me.  He's already displaying what he's going to be like.  Going after conservatives! No thank you.  If he is the GOP nominee he won't get my vote.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ScottinVA

Trump may very well get the GOP nomination, but no way in hell is he going to be elected.

Offline ScottinVA

While president, Trump did show some restraint. However, I believe you are correct; his second time around I don't think he'll show any restraint and that has always concerned me.  He's already displaying what he's going to be like.  Going after conservatives! No thank you.  If he is the GOP nominee he won't get my vote.

:amen:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Trump may very well get the GOP nomination, but no way in hell is he going to be elected.

I agree. And I think that is in part to those of us who have had enough of him and won't support him simply because he is the GOP nominee.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I was one of those people who was definitely not a fan of Donald Trump in the 2016 primary. But I voted for him in the general election because I thought there was a chance he would learn and improve over time.  And I voted for him again in 2020 because he came through on some promises, and because the way the Democrats treated him needed to be opposed.

But he has gotten even worse since losing the 2020 election then he was back in 2015-16.  He has made enemies of so many Republicans who are critical to successful governance, and appears to willing to burn down anything and anyone who detracts from his chance of being reelected.

In my view, he's gone completely off the rails, and there is no longer any chance of him getting back on the right track.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
In tennis terms, Trump is one big living breathing "unforced error machine".

Nothing like pissing off potential allies, huh Donny?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

I agree. And I think that is in part to those of us who have had enough of him and won't support him simply because he is the GOP nominee.

Why should we vote for him?  I see no reason.  He's already displaying his narcissistic authoritarian personality. Trump will be 'unleashed' if he gets a 2nd term.  I find that concerning.

I still think that the leftists will find a way to prevent him from running again.

Offline libertybele

I was one of those people who was definitely not a fan of Donald Trump in the 2016 primary. But I voted for him in the general election because I thought there was a chance he would learn and improve over time.  And I voted for him again in 2020 because he came through on some promises, and because the way the Democrats treated him needed to be opposed.

But he has gotten even worse since losing the 2020 election then he was back in 2015-16.  He has made enemies of so many Republicans who are critical to successful governance, and appears to willing to burn down anything and anyone who detracts from his chance of being reelected.

In my view, he's gone completely off the rails, and there is no longer any chance of him getting back on the right track.

Amen.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Why should we vote for him?  I see no reason.  He's already displaying his narcissistic authoritarian personality. Trump will be 'unleashed' if he gets a 2nd term.  I find that concerning.

(1) Trump has been proven statistically to be the biggest offender of fed debt at his departure.
(2) He has gone on record for Freedom Cities and Jetson cars, that based on my fiscal eyeball will cause about another $15T of incurred federal debt.

Why vote for him?  He's as bad as a democrat anyway.  I'm voting for the most conservative 3rd party candidate at this point
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

(1) Trump has been proven statistically to be the biggest offender of fed debt at his departure.
(2) He has gone on record for Freedom Cities and Jetson cars, that based on my fiscal eyeball will cause about another $15T of incurred federal debt.

Why vote for him?  He's as bad as a democrat anyway.  I'm voting for the most conservative 3rd party candidate at this point

Hopefully there will be a conservative 3rd party candidate.  I like the Constitution Party but they have yet to get on the ballot in all 50 states.  It takes a lot of $$ to compete with the GOP and DEMS.  It's nearly impossible for a 3rd party to become a presidential nominee.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Scorched earth...just like 2015-16.

Never mind the fact that he's gonna need to win Florida if he wants back in the WH.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LMAO

Ron DeSantis has got to be more than just the governor who fights wokeness and Disney if he wants any hope of winning the White House

I know I will not be voting for Donald Trump if he’s the nominee, but I haven’t committed if I would be voting for Ron DeSantis.

I understand that he is not announced any run for the presidency yet so right now his priority is running his state  His record on spending in Congress was much better than Donald Trump’s was as president which is part of the  MAGAs opposition
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 07:06:06 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
So when is Trump going to start going after what should be the real target of his barbs?

You know...Joe Biden.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!