Author Topic: The US could lose up to 900 warplanes fighting a Chinese invasion of Taiwan but would emerge victori  (Read 584 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The US could lose up to 900 warplanes fighting a Chinese invasion of Taiwan but would emerge victorious, says think tank
Story by ashoaib@insider.com (Alia Shoaib) • 5h ago

A think tank ran war game analyses for a conflict between the US and China over Taiwan.

One of the analysts told Insider the US and Taiwan would likely succeed in beating back a Chinese invasion.

However, both sides would likely suffer devastating losses. Up to 900 US warplanes could be destroyed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-us-could-lose-up-to-900-warplanes-fighting-a-chinese-invasion-of-taiwan-but-would-emerge-victorious-says-think-tank/ar-AA10Eimz?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=1df116b4b36f4a1182273401cacf3322&ei=13
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Just destroy all the chop stick factories and starve them to defeat! 000hehehehe
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

They are making presumptive decisions for the Chi-coms using Western thinking.

The Chi-coms are going to conduct the war asymetrically to negate America's military advantages.

In those war games, did they have the Chi-coms destroy/disable America's GPS satellites?

Remember, the Chi-coms flew a surveillance balloon over the US, and it worked!
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

They are making presumptive decisions for the Chi-coms using Western thinking.

The Chi-coms are going to conduct the war asymetrically to negate America's military advantages.

In those war games, did they have the Chi-coms destroy/disable America's GPS satellites?

Remember, the Chi-coms flew a surveillance balloon over the US, and it worked!

How do you know that?  Are you privy to all of the assumptions and data that were used to perform the analysis?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

If the people in the picture conducted the exercise(s), there is insufficient neuro-diversity.  Most of them look like middle-aged white guys.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

If the people in the picture conducted the exercise(s), there is insufficient neuro-diversity.  Most of them look like middle-aged white guys.

Ahhh.  So you're a believer in skin-based racial equity, then.  In other words, because none of these individuals is a full-blood Chinese member of the CCP, it is simply a priori impossible for any of them to become educated enough to approximate the thoughts the Chinese military commanders would have.

Got it.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

My presumptions may be bigoted and prejudiced.  Maybe middle-aged white guys can replicate the structure of strategic and tactical thought developed from thousands of years of Chinese language, history, culture, and literature.

The Chi-coms sure gave us a run for our money in Korea.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 05:57:05 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

Offline Kamaji

My presumptions may be bigoted and prejudiced.  Maybe middle-aged white guys can replicate the structure of strategic and tactical thought developed from thousands of years of Chinese language, history, culture, and literature.

The Chi-coms sure gave us a run for our money in Korea.

One doesn't have to replicate the entire 3,000 year history; one has to understand the end-result and be able to work out the results of that end-result.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Eastern Thinking and Western Thinking are different.  I hope there was sufficient neuro-diversity in those exercises to accurately reflect the decisions influenced by 3,000 years of Chinese history and 74 years of Marxist, Leninist, Stalinist, and Mao-ist Communist rule.

The bigger threat than losing 900 warplanes is losing the pilots and crews of those 900 warplanes.  It takes a siginificant investment of time for those pilots and crews to become proficient.

The biggest loss of the Japanese at the Battle of Midway (1942) was the loss of their best carrier pilots.

Offline Kamaji

Eastern Thinking and Western Thinking are different.  I hope there was sufficient neuro-diversity in those exercises to accurately reflect the decisions influenced by 3,000 years of Chinese history and 74 years of Marxist, Leninist, Stalinist, and Mao-ist Communist rule.

The bigger threat than losing 900 warplanes is losing the pilots and crews of those 900 warplanes.  It takes a siginificant investment of time for those pilots and crews to become proficient.

The biggest loss of the Japanese at the Battle of Midway (1942) was the loss of their best carrier pilots.

:facepalm2:

So, there are intrinsic differences in thinking that are race-based, and which cannot ever be understood by a person who is not of that particular race?

Really?

The DNC's DEI committee has a seat reserved for you.

Online libertybele

The US could lose up to 900 warplanes fighting a Chinese invasion of Taiwan but would emerge victorious, says think tank
Story by ashoaib@insider.com (Alia Shoaib) • 5h ago

A think tank ran war game analyses for a conflict between the US and China over Taiwan.

One of the analysts told Insider the US and Taiwan would likely succeed in beating back a Chinese invasion.

However, both sides would likely suffer devastating losses. Up to 900 US warplanes could be destroyed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-us-could-lose-up-to-900-warplanes-fighting-a-chinese-invasion-of-taiwan-but-would-emerge-victorious-says-think-tank/ar-AA10Eimz?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=1df116b4b36f4a1182273401cacf3322&ei=13

I'm more concerned with the U.S. combating an attack on our own turf or being attacked from within by all the terrorists and militants that have entered through our southern border.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Eastern and Western thinking are different, not for genetics, biologics, or physiology.

They are different from immersion in societies with different language, traditions, religions, cultures, histories, politics, and economics.

Neither Eastern nor Western thinking are better or worse than the other - but they are different.

I just hope the participants that played the part of the Chi-coms have experienced sufficient immersion in China and China studies to accurately replicate strategic and tactical decisions.

A lack of neuro-diversity in the team that conducted the exercise may lead to false presumptions based upon "group think".

Offline Kamaji

Eastern and Western thinking are different, not for genetics, biologics, or physiology.

They are different from immersion in societies with different language, traditions, religions, cultures, histories, politics, and economics.

Neither Eastern nor Western thinking are better or worse than the other - but they are different.

I just hope the participants that played the part of the Chi-coms have experienced sufficient immersion in China and China studies to accurately replicate strategic and tactical decisions.

A lack of neuro-diversity in the team that conducted the exercise may lead to false presumptions based upon "group think".

Neuro-diversity is as much a false deity as is any other form of racial diversity.  A second-generation Chinese-American without any special study in the art or history of warfare would be just as much at sea as an American whose ancestors were here in 1776 would be, without the same special study in the art and history of warfare.

It has nothing to do with neuro-diversity, or any other sort of racial characteristics.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Looks like a bunch of fat dudes playing Castle Risk.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Kamaji asks:
"So, there are intrinsic differences in thinking that are race-based, and which cannot ever be understood by a person who is not of that particular race?"

I would speculate that in a few instances, yes, there are.
Like RINO mentions, in some cases culturally-based.

But... just as Breitbart once said that politics lies downstream from culture,
Fishrrman postulates that culture is something that lies downstream from the wellspring of race.

We in present-day America think in terms of days or weeks (look at things like "the news cycle").
The Chinese think in terms of decades and centuries.

The Chinese will eventually get Taiwan, or Taiwan will be left destroyed in denying them.

The United States -- right now -- does not have the manpower, the manufacturing capacity, nor THE WILL to mount an all-out war against China in defense of Taiwan. Just today I read an interesting article that speculates we could not sufficiently engage China without re-instating the draft. How many young'uns are you going to get to go willingly in this day and age?

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The think tank is wrong.  Does not take a master mind to figure it out either.

What is the biggest problem?  The theater of operation, which is what, 10,000+ miles from the USA.  Same problem the USA would have fighting Russia, the supply line distance.  Fighting a war in our back yard, yes, we have a chance, but on the other side of the globe, with a SMALL NAVY like what we have?  Forget it.

The ONLY THING that would serve as a deterrent would be for the USA to establish military bases on Taiwan like what we have in Germany, and in Korea.  I never saw mentioned the Taiwanese want that.

And in terms of Americans enlisting to fight and die for Taiwan, guess what, Canada's population expands a far greater degree than it did during the Vietnam War.  The Vietnam War made no sense, but a war in Taiwan is on a scale ten times worse than Vietnam.  At least ten times.  And the USA would have few allies.  Just look at what the leader of France said yesterday.  No Way is what he said.  NO WAY!   No surprise either for anyone in the know.