Author Topic: Bud Light marketing VP explains what inspired her to update ‘fratty, out of touch’ brand with inclus  (Read 8698 times)

Online Lando Lincoln

They changed the process by substituting corn syrup for barley, cutting the brew time in half.  They also added silica gel as a clarifier.  But with that change, their product no longer qualified under the legal definition of 'beer'.

How Milwaukee's Famous Beer Became Infamous

Interesting. Thanks for that. My memory wasn’t bad! 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Kamaji

They changed the process by substituting corn syrup for barley, cutting the brew time in half.  They also added silica gel as a clarifier.  But with that change, their product no longer qualified under the legal definition of 'beer'.

How Milwaukee's Famous Beer Became Infamous

Interesting article, but I didn't see where the changes caused Schlitz to no longer be "beer".

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Technically, Schlitz isn't beer.  Old Style is a Chicago beer on par with Baltimore's Natty Bo.

I remember drinking the hell out of these back in HS:

Oh buddy, I loved Mickeys back in college. Do they still even make it anymore?

Add: They do, and I can still find it local.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 01:56:02 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

@sneakypete

For the last 30 years, big businesses have sold themselves to foreign corporations, sovereign wealth funds, or re-domiciled overseas to pay lower taxes. ... Swift meats pork packaging business is now owned by the Chi-coms (via a Hong Kong front corporation).  It's the great American Sell-Out.

@DefiantMassRINO

I  had no idea either of them was foreign-owned.

How did this happen. Both virtually had a license to print money for decades,and now they are owned by foreigners?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Idiot

Big mistake. HUGE.

That Bud Light car at NASCAR  is more symbolic of their (former) clientele... And homo crap don't play with folks that would be fans of NASCAR.

Tractor Supply is into this tranny crap up to its lips too. Can you believe it? TRACTOR-FRIGGIN-SUPPLY.

I will never cross their threshold.  **nononono*
Seriously?  I've never read about that.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

My father drank Schlitz until the late 1970s.

My last memory of the old, independent  Schlitz, was their sponsorship of The Who's 1982 (Farewell) Tour.  By then, the flaking beer was driving consumers away.  Never heard of nor seen Schlitz since then.  This was a case study of how to destroy a corporate brand.

What Harvard MBA's and bean counters don't understand is that beer is an experiential product.  Sometimes you have sacrifice maximized profit margin to keep market share and brand prominence.  It's the experience of drinking a beer that differentiates it from its competitors.  That's why micro-brews took some market share in the 1990s and 2000s.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline roamer_1

Seriously?  I've never read about that.

Yeah... It was Waco. They supported a drag queen event. Ted Nugent sounded off about it. And that started a kerfluffel in the Youtube homesteading community... with some saying it wasn't true. But it was true.

True, though TS never got spanked for it... And nat'l news never picked it up. But it happened, sure enough.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bud Light's Marketing VP Could Face Some Backlash Over These Photos

Matt Vespa
 |  April 12, 2023 6:30 AM

Bud Light doesn’t need a blowtorch to the face right now. They’ve already done that by partnering with a biological male masquerading as a female in their new marketing ploy that’s torched billions in market value. It still boggles the mind that someone at Anheuser-Busch thought this was a good idea: to insult and spit in the faces of its loyal customer base and try to boost profits and market share…by pandering to less than one percent of the population. Transgenders aren’t going to take Bud Light to the next level.

https://twitter.com/henryrodgersdc/status/1645985314962391041

https://twitter.com/henryrodgersdc/status/1645950867890225156

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2023/04/12/why-bud-lights-marketing-vp-calling-the-brand-fratty-and-out-of-touch-looks-pretty-stupid-right-now-n2621846
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 03:03:51 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
My father drank Schlitz until the late 1970s.

My last memory of the old, independent  Schlitz, was their sponsorship of The Who's 1982 (Farewell) Tour.  By then, the flaking beer was driving consumers away.  Never heard of nor seen Schlitz since then.  This was a case study of how to destroy a corporate brand.

What Harvard MBA's and bean counters don't understand is that beer is an experiential product.  Sometimes you have sacrifice maximized profit margin to keep market share and brand prominence.  It's the experience of drinking a beer that differentiates it from its competitors.  That's why micro-brews took some market share in the 1990s and 2000s.

Getting a sponsorship to "The Who" is pretty damned bad ass.  In fact I saw them in that tour in Houston that year.  Did it make me want to ever buy this horse piss?  Nope.  But it was a concert going experience like none other.  And as far as a corporate move, I thought it was pretty shrewd.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

Big mistake. HUGE.

That Bud Light car at NASCAR  is more symbolic of their (former) clientele... And homo crap don't play with folks that would be fans of NASCAR.

Tractor Supply is into this tranny crap up to its lips too. Can you believe it? TRACTOR-FRIGGIN-SUPPLY.

I will never cross their threshold.  **nononono*

According to the Tractor Supply website, the webpage on diversity, inclusion and equity ("DIE"), they support the alphabet mafia.

The webpage:  https://tractorsupply.jobs/de_and_i

A graphic from that webpage:

Online Kamaji

Offline roamer_1

According to the Tractor Supply website, the webpage on diversity, inclusion and equity ("DIE"), they support the alphabet mafia.

YEP. Best advertisement for RURAL KING there could ever be.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

I bet Tractor Supply is really a hit with all those LBTQ+ farmers.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

I bet Tractor Supply is really a hit with all those LBTQ+ farmers.   :silly:

The thing is... Trannies dancing for Texas kids in Waco didn't set anybody off...

But f*** with our beer...

:facepalm:

Online Lando Lincoln

My gosh do I miss Rural King.
John Steinbeck

Offline roamer_1

Never been to one.
Heck, I think the closest TS is in Missoula.

Our ranch stores are Murdoch's and of course, Cenex. Used to have Equity Supply too, but Cenex bought em out.

Offline roamer_1

Never seen a Bass Pro shop either.  :shrug:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Absolute worst thing ever put in a bottle!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
According to their website, the nearest Rural King to me is in Albertville, AL.  I live in Texas so that's out.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I miss Blain's Farm and Fleet. Or his Brothers store, Fleet and Farm!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Idiot

Crap...and I kind of liked Tractor Supply.  Oh well I'll just go to our local supply store then.

Offline Idiot

Never seen a Bass Pro shop either.  :shrug:
Going to Bass Pro is like dying and going to heaven for a fisherman or hunter.  I could spend days in there.  They merged with Cabela's or one bought the other....I forget.

Offline roamer_1

Going to Bass Pro is like dying and going to heaven for a fisherman or hunter.  I could spend days in there.  They merged with Cabela's or one bought the other....I forget.

We do have a Cabelas here, but I hardly ever set foot in it... Crazy high prices, and kinda snooty.

We have a REI too, and that is more my style.

Online Lando Lincoln

Rural King is a big defender of the 2A. Each store has the “Gun Barn” for ammo and firearms. I used to go to the stores in Plano and Peru, Illinois. Loved it.
John Steinbeck

Offline berdie

The "original" in Springfield, Mo. is truly a sight to see. :laugh:

I didn't realize there was a Cabela's merger.