Author Topic: Bud Light marketing VP explains what inspired her to update ‘fratty, out of touch’ brand with inclus  (Read 8490 times)

Offline Kamaji

I dunno; the stock price doesn't seem to be doing too badly.

Online roamer_1

It wouldn't yet. They won't feel it financially until after they have to restock their warehouses... And after they find that they have not been moving beer, THEN (30-60 days) the bills come due.

Offline Kamaji

It wouldn't yet. They won't feel it financially until after they have to restock their warehouses... And after they find that they have not been moving beer, THEN (30-60 days) the bills come due.

Well, if that's coming, and everyone knows it, wouldn't it show up in the stock price beforehand?  If everyone knows the company is going to get hammered by unsold inventory, why would they continue to hold the stock and wait around for it to happen?

Online roamer_1

Well, if that's coming, and everyone knows it, wouldn't it show up in the stock price beforehand?  If everyone knows the company is going to get hammered by unsold inventory, why would they continue to hold the stock and wait around for it to happen?

I don't think it will take that long... The hue and cry will have the effect necessary... This is seriously bad. There are merchandisers and bar owners already talking about the backlash... It's baked in already. And growing.

Offline Kamaji

I don't think it will take that long... The hue and cry will have the effect necessary... This is seriously bad. There are merchandisers and bar owners already talking about the backlash... It's baked in already. And growing.

Then it would have shown up in the stock price.  So far, the stock price is not down that far.

Offline mountaineer

Wabøøsh!
@wabooshka

Wait until you see the Bud Light swimsuit calendar, it's gonna be nuts!
2:49 PM · Apr 10, 2023

« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 07:13:08 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

There is an old axiom that sometimes bad publicity is better than none at all in the business world.  Example I like to use, is have you ever seen or heard the worst and most obnoxious ads, sometimes local, that often have awful jingles?  Many examples of sales have rocketed.

Seen it work both ways. But in this particular case, I am leaning toward the "backfire" camp. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Do you think millions of redneck-lookin' joint's like the Dew Drop Inn are gonna continue to sell Bud Light to fella's with green teeth?   Seriously, Normal hard working folk who stop in for a beer or two in bars and juke joints across the country will make or break the woke In-Bev.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Do you think millions of redneck-lookin' joint's like the Dew Drop Inn are gonna continue to sell Bud Light to fella's with green teeth?   Seriously, Normal hard working folk who stop in for a beer or two in bars and juke joints across the country will make or break the woke In-Bev.

I would expect all of that to happen; however, if the result was going to have a material impact on the company's bottom line, and the company was publicly traded, I would also expect to start seeing it in the stock price.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Perhaps they thought they'd be able to start promoting Drag Queen Happy Hours....
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I would expect all of that to happen; however, if the result was going to have a material impact on the company's bottom line, and the company was publicly traded, I would also expect to start seeing it in the stock price.
BUD stock fell today by $2 on the open and has a larger than usual number of Sell recommendations. Trying to recover, but it could be what is called a 'dead cat bounce'. I personally do not think the Budweiser brand will ever be the same.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online roamer_1

Then it would have shown up in the stock price.  So far, the stock price is not down that far.

Yeah... That's what JCPenny said too...  :whistle:

Online roamer_1

There is an old axiom that sometimes bad publicity is better than none at all in the business world.  Example I like to use, is have you ever seen or heard the worst and most obnoxious ads, sometimes local, that often have awful jingles?  Many examples of sales have rocketed.

Seen it work both ways. But in this particular case, I am leaning toward the "backfire" camp.

Oh you ain't seen nothin' yet. This will be one for the books.

Offline Kamaji

:shrug:

Whatever.  The market isn't following the anecdote.

The price doesn't seem to factor in a sudden decline due to the new ad campaign:  https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/Bud?ltr=1

Online roamer_1

BUD stock fell today by $2 on the open and has a larger than usual number of Sell recommendations. Trying to recover, but it could be what is called a 'dead cat bounce'. I personally do not think the Budweiser brand will ever be the same.

Saw a feller on Youtube walking around to Walmarts in FL on Easter weekend... Evidently most stores were closed, so where you likely had to go to buy beer was Wally World... Which makes sense.

So every store he went to, the beer aisle was pretty trashed. Big name beers were pretty gone... But there was Budweiser and Bud Light in abundance. Nobody is buying it.

Online roamer_1

:shrug:

Whatever.  The market isn't following the anecdote.

The price doesn't seem to factor in a sudden decline due to the new ad campaign:  https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/Bud?ltr=1

Yeah... whatever is fine... Just give it some time.

Rednecks have hit 'Oh Hell No!'... And you don't come back from that. Watch and see. I'll bet I'm right.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Saw a feller on Youtube walking around to Walmarts in FL on Easter weekend... Evidently most stores were closed, so where you likely had to go to buy beer was Wally World... Which makes sense.

So every store he went to, the beer aisle was pretty trashed. Big name beers were pretty gone... But there was Budweiser and Bud Light in abundance. Nobody is buying it.
Rednecks and Frat Boys give each other a world of shit all the time. Now that Budweiser has stamped itself a 'gay beer', nobody wants to touch it. And on top of that, trannies and gays do not drink beer so they lost on all sides.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online roamer_1

Rednecks and Frat Boys give each other a world of shit all the time. Now that Budweiser has stamped itself a 'gay beer', nobody wants to touch it. And on top of that, trannies and gays do not drink beer so they lost on all sides.

I think that's right... Redneck and blue collar are all the same. Shop dogs ain't much different than the boys working the oil patch, or cowboys or farmers... And Bud Light is probably in more beer fridges than any other.

A loooong tradition in the Good Ol Boys networks - If someone treats you right, you show up with a cold pack in a brown bag at the end of the day to thank the shop... Just hand it to em, and say. "thanks, this is for the beer fridge"... And you will keep getting favors from em...

Bud Light has been an accepted standard in that... To be fair, Miller MGD or Lite works too... If you don't know what the shop drinks...

They truly don't understand their market. FAFO. Them boys don't go for that homo sh*t.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 08:35:29 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Offline Lando Lincoln

A loooong tradition in the Good Ol Boys networks - If someone treats you right, you show up with a cold pack in a brown bag at the end of the day to thank the shop... Just hand it to em, and say. "thanks, this is for the beer fridge"... And you will keep getting favors from em...

That is the ethic I grew up on. Learned it well. My sons have it. And it will never be an A-B product.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm not Jewish so I don't know.. :shrug:

@mystery-ak

Me,either. Maybe someone who is will fill us in on this?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's a cultural rather than a religious thing.

Jewish conservatives like me probably feel the same way you do about it: disgusted and grossed-out.

My big-city liberal Jewish cousins seem to think it's "brave", or something. As though celebrating mental illness was something of which to be proud.

@andy58-in-nh

Thanks!

I have to admit that surprised me. All that I "know" about big-city Jews is what I have seen on tv,and every time it was the "fundy Jews" (right term?) in NYC who still wear the "uniform" every day and follow all the fundie Jewish rituals. I know there is NEVER a shortage of lefty Jews,no matter how much we want lefty shortages,but honestly had the impression the "black suit wearing "traditional" Jews" were the majority.

Always meant to try to attend a traditional Jewish religious service,but never got around to it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 10:23:36 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Big mistake. HUGE.

That Bud Light car at NASCAR  is more symbolic of their (former) clientele... And homo crap don't play with folks that would be fans of NASCAR.

Tractor Supply is into this tranny crap up to its lips too. Can you believe it? TRACTOR-FRIGGIN-SUPPLY.

@roamer_1

I gotta admit,that one shocked me. I am not a betting man  by ANY standards,but I probably would have bet against  THAT happening.

I will never cross their threshold.  **nononono*

I don't want to,but probably will. If I want or need some "rural-related" parts,it is either drive to the local Tractor Supply,or add at least 100 miles to my trip to see IF I can find it somewhere else.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anybody want to take bets on when Alissa Heinerscheid gets fired?

I am betting she doesn't make it through next week.

@roamer_1

She won't get "fired". She will resign because of some sort of family emergency,aliens from another solar system landing in her backyard,or maybe to join the Peace Corps if they will have  her.

It's all about the PR.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Kamaji

Serious question.

I almost know less than nothing about the Stock Market,but isn't it possible that the people in the stock exchange that run around wearing drawers that cost a thousand bucks might have a diffferent
point of view on something like this,than "those damn retarded rednecks!" might have?

If there has EVER been a case with such a wide (correct word?) "class distinction" than one that has the redneck Nascar fans on one side and the multi-millionaires/Billionaires on the other?