Author Topic: Biden Finds Few Allies for Title IX Rule Change  (Read 119 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Finds Few Allies for Title IX Rule Change
« on: April 08, 2023, 04:02:35 pm »
Biden Finds Few Allies for Title IX Rule Change

Story by Nick Mordowanec • Yesterday 12:54 PM

The policy would in effect prevent schools from violating Title IX regulations by enforcing restrictions against trans athletes while simultaneously preventing them from "categorically" banning such students from participating on teams consistent with their gender "just because of who they are."

There is a caveat within the proposed change, which would apply to public K-12 schools in addition to colleges, universities and other institutions that receive federal funding.

"The proposed rule also recognizes that in some instances, particularly in competitive high school and college athletic environments, some schools may adopt policies that limit transgender students' participation," according to the policy statement announced Thursday by the Department of Education.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/biden-finds-few-allies-for-title-ix-rule-change/ar-AA19B9dd?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=7f0f9d415ff6401ab6c7e532daef42b3&ei=45
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson