Author Topic: ChatGPT smeared me with false sexual harassment charges: law professor  (Read 317 times)

Online Kamaji

ChatGPT smeared me with false sexual harassment charges: law professor

By Ben Cost
April 7, 2023

A law professor is accusing OpenAI’s suddenly omnipresent ChatGPT bot of entering the age of disinformation.

Criminal defense attorney Jonathan Turley renewed growing fears over AI’s potential dangers after revealing how ChatGPT falsely accused him of sexually harassing a student.

He described the alarming claim in a viral tweetstorm and a scathing column currently blowing up online.

Turley, who teaches law at George Washington University, told The Post the fabricated claims are “chilling.”

“It invented an allegation where I was on the faculty at a school where I have never taught, went on a trip that I never took, and reported an allegation that was never made,” he told The Post. “It is highly ironic because I have been writing about the dangers of AI to free speech.”

The 61-year-old legal scholar first became aware of the AI’s false allegation after receiving an email from UCLA professor Eugene Volokh, who reportedly asked ChatGPT to cite “five examples” of “sexual harassment” by professors at American law schools along with “quotes from relevant newspaper articles.”

Among the supplied examples were an alleged 2018 incident in which “Georgetown University Law Center” professor Turley was accused of sexual harassment by a former female student.

ChatGPT quoted an fake Washington Post article, writing: “The complaint alleges that Turley made ‘sexually suggestive comments’ and ‘attempted to touch her in a sexual manner’ during a law school-sponsored trip to Alaska.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/07/chatgpt-falsely-accuses-law-professor-of-sexual-assault/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Google is having the same trouble with its Bard chatbot.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Chabots are slated to take over customer service jobs. I wonder if they can program them with an Indian/Pakistani accent to help legitimize the experience?   :pondering:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Kamaji

Chabots are slated to take over customer service jobs. I wonder if they can program them with an Indian/Pakistani accent to help legitimize the experience?   :pondering:

:mauslaff:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I wonder who wrote that bit in? Some former Twitter employee?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Or '"Peggy" from USA Prime Credit,
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Or '"Peggy" from USA Prime Credit,

:silly: