Author Topic: When Will Stubborn Trump Loyalists Face Inconvenient Truths?  (Read 10789 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: When Will Stubborn Trump Loyalists Face Inconvenient Truths?
« Reply #175 on: March 26, 2023, 04:54:28 pm »
When I was in my 40's and even 50's, I was supporting long-term reform of entitlements big-time, even though I was in the group likely to be hurt the worst.  But I agree that a lot of folks aren't willing to do that.  The weird thing is that younger people should be the most supportive of entitlement reform, because the program will be in huge trouble by the time they're older.  But they're not educated on the issue, and so their general leftward-lean makes them opposed to it.

:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #176 on: March 26, 2023, 05:01:28 pm »
When I was in my 40's and even 50's, I was supporting long-term reform of entitlements big-time, even though I was in the group likely to be hurt the worst.  But I agree that a lot of folks aren't willing to do that.  The weird thing is that younger people should be the most supportive of entitlement reform, because the program will be in huge trouble by the time they're older.  But they're not educated on the issue, and so their general leftward-lean makes them opposed to it.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Yup,but it is the nature of younger people to "live in the moment and let time take care of itself". Life only seems to get "real" for most people when they have housepayments,children in school,and the other ugly financial realities of life.

Living the "What,ME worry" life is fun,but it doesn't last.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #177 on: March 26, 2023, 05:02:48 pm »

@Maj. Bill Martin

Yup,but it is the nature of younger people to "live in the moment and let time take care of itself". Life only seems to get "real" for most people when they have housepayments,children in school,and the other ugly financial realities of life.

Living the "What,ME worry" life is fun,but it doesn't last.

Then why is Trump - who supposedly is past the "what, me worry" stage of life - advocating for more of the same senseless, live-in-the-minute, out of control spending?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #178 on: March 26, 2023, 05:04:46 pm »
Then why is Trump - who supposedly is past the "what, me worry" stage of life - advocating for more of the same senseless, live-in-the-minute, out of control spending?

Because he's a populist, and so does whatever he thinks will make his tribe happy.  I know that you already know that, too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #179 on: March 26, 2023, 05:11:04 pm »
:mauslaff:

@Kamaji

You won't get a stop to out-of-control spending with another Trump administration.

Where did I ever claim we would,bubba?

You didn't get it with the first Trump administration,

And we won't get it in ANY Presidents first term.

and he has already committed himself to positions that will guarantee more out-of-control spending in a second Trump administration.

You mean meeting obligations already made?

You DO understand that nobody becomes President without getting elected,right?

AND.....,I am under NO delusions about Trump,or anyone else getting spending under control in one term,or even two terms,which he can't get anyhow.

We didn't get into this financial hole in any one 4 year period,and we are not going to get out of it in any one 4 OR 8 year period. Changes in spending HAVE to be made,and a lot of those changes are going to be unpopular no matter WHO the President is at that time.

So, which do you want?  An out-of-control narcissist whose only clear talent is getting the ladies on The View to clench their glutea and wad up their undies,

Awww,da poor bay-bay! Did the rude Orange man hurt hims feelwings?

I don't give a rabid rats ass  if he dances naked on live tv,AS LONG AS HE TRIES TO STOP THE ADVANCE OF BANKRUPTCY,AND THE COMMUNIST DICTATORSHIP THAT IT WILL BRING ABOUT.

or do you want some measure of control brought to federal spending?

Ok,the ball is in your court. You have already told us who  (as long as he is named "Trump) CAN'T get spending under control,so tells us who  CAN and WILL do that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #180 on: March 26, 2023, 05:13:51 pm »

@Kamaji

You mean "honoring obligations ALREADY MADE BY PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATIONS AND APPROVED BY CONGRESS"?

PLEASE tell us all who you would pick for President who could and would do all that. Fictional characters don't count.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #181 on: March 26, 2023, 05:15:54 pm »

Where did I ever claim we would,bubba?

And we won't get it in ANY Presidents first term.

You mean meeting obligations already made?

You DO understand that nobody becomes President without getting elected,right?

AND.....,I am under NO delusions about Trump,or anyone else getting spending under control in one term,or even two terms,which he can't get anyhow.

We didn't get into this financial hole in any one 4 year period,and we are not going to get out of it in any one 4 OR 8 year period. Changes in spending HAVE to be made,and a lot of those changes are going to be unpopular no matter WHO the President is at that time.

Awww,da poor bay-bay! Did the rude Orange man hurt hims feelwings?

I don't give a rabid rats ass  if he dances naked on live tv,AS LONG AS HE TRIES TO STOP THE ADVANCE OF BANKRUPTCY,AND THE COMMUNIST DICTATORSHIP THAT IT WILL BRING ABOUT.

Ok,the ball is in your court. You have already told us who  (as long as he is named "Trump) CAN'T get spending under control,so tells us who  CAN and WILL do that.

/snicker

Who will do better than Trump at controlling the spending?  Just about anyone other than another democrat.  In particular, anyone who is willing to give due consideration to entitlement reform, something that Trump has no flat-out refused.

As for the rest of your childish insults:  GFY

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2023, 05:19:08 pm »
@Kamaji

You mean "honoring obligations ALREADY MADE BY PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATIONS AND APPROVED BY CONGRESS"?

PLEASE tell us all who you would pick for President who could and would do all that. Fictional characters don't count.

No, I don't.  And that is not what Trump is doing.  Trump was right there in the midst of it spending like a drunken democrat in 2020.  Trump wants to continue to spend like a drunken democrat if he gets in again.

And you just don't care, because Trump manages to get the ladies on The View to wad their undies up.  He never does anything constructive with that rudeness, unlike certain others, but what do you care?  All you want to do is feel some schadenfreude when Trump gets another pair of liberal knickers to wad themselves.  And the greatness of America be damned.

Drink up, boyo:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #183 on: March 26, 2023, 05:23:28 pm »
@Kamaji

@sneakypete

Trump supported all the additional Covid spending that put money in peoples' pockets for doing nothing and destroyed the work ethic of a generation.  Young people still don't think its fair they have to do unpleasant jobs for a living.  And why should they when we handed out cash like candy?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2023, 05:35:13 pm »
Trump handing out cash to people as opposed to BushII handing out cash to big banks and corps.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2023, 05:35:22 pm »
@sneakypete

Trump supported all the additional Covid spending that put money in peoples' pockets for doing nothing and destroyed the work ethic of a generation.  Young people still don't think its fair they have to do unpleasant jobs for a living.  And why should they when we handed out cash like candy?

Also silently missing from these discussions from our resident Trump contingent is the campaign speeches recently from Trump promising to build new glorious cities.  Which based on my estimate would add anothr $10-$20T to the national debt if there is any level of fed underwriting.

This fool is coming across more like FDR than Reagan.  And that is exactly what we don't need right now.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2023, 05:36:52 pm »
Trump handing out cash to people as opposed to BushII handing out cash to big banks and corps.

Uh, no, not quite.

There are published lists of who got COVID-19 funding; it wasn't limited to regular people; the main benefactors were large firms.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2023, 05:40:24 pm »

Handing out cash is handing out cash, no matter what... And that's YOUR money... Actually no, that's your grandbabies' money at this point.

The government does not have cash of its own.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2023, 05:47:45 pm »

And there's the essence of populism in a nutshell.  You're not against spending as long as the money goes to the working class.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2023, 05:48:35 pm »
Also silently missing from these discussions from our resident Trump contingent is the campaign speeches recently from Trump promising to build new glorious cities.  Which based on my estimate would add anothr $10-$20T to the national debt if there is any level of fed underwriting.

This fool is coming across more like FDR than Reagan.  And that is exactly what we don't need right now.

Has he really said that??  That's hilarious.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #190 on: March 26, 2023, 06:24:51 pm »
Has he really said that??  That's hilarious.

Crap....

Know I heard it yesterday, but can't find one damned transcript of it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #191 on: March 26, 2023, 06:37:48 pm »
Crap....

I'm not sure how much federal spending he's proposing for his shiny new cities, but apparently they're supposed to be built on federal land:  https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/03/politics/donald-trump-freedom-cities-flying-cars/index.html

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2023, 06:39:15 pm »
Crap....E

e

A quick search gives a Forbes article of "Freedom Cities". With a video, but I didn't watch it.   :shrug:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #193 on: March 26, 2023, 06:39:44 pm »
I'm not sure how much federal spending he's proposing for his shiny new cities, but apparently they're supposed to be built on federal land:  https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/03/politics/donald-trump-freedom-cities-flying-cars/index.html

You mean we get to be the Jetsons?  Someone check Trump's ashtray for cannabis.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #194 on: March 26, 2023, 06:41:18 pm »

I don't know that he could set the crack pipe down long enough to use pot. Although his apparent fetish for eating  Cheetos, naked, while sitting in a beanbag (chair) may belie that.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 06:47:34 pm by bigheadfred »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #195 on: March 26, 2023, 06:42:08 pm »

:mauslaff:

Online libertybele

« Reply #196 on: March 26, 2023, 06:49:32 pm »
I don't know that he could set the crack pipe down long enough to use pot. Although his apparent fetish for eating  Cheetos, naked, while sitting in a beanbag (chair) may belie that.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #197 on: March 26, 2023, 06:53:45 pm »
Drink up, boyo:

Right after you eat up, sparky.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #198 on: March 26, 2023, 06:59:24 pm »
Right after you eat up, sparky.

Quit being so FOS.  Trump hired and unleashed Fauxci to lead the pandemic effort.  That's on him sparky. 

And masks?  The orange POTUS was so enamored with 'em he got some with the presidential seal.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #199 on: March 26, 2023, 07:02:19 pm »