Author Topic: When Will Stubborn Trump Loyalists Face Inconvenient Truths?  (Read 10786 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: When Will Stubborn Trump Loyalists Face Inconvenient Truths?
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2023, 03:21:46 pm »
@catfish1957

It's all about "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT",and "MY money" 24/7 with you people,isn't it?

@sneakypete
What an incredibly ignorant statement.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2023, 03:23:44 pm »
Wow.  You really drank the orange koolaid to the dregs at the very bottom, didn't you.

Trump's in-your-face behavior would be great if (a) he used it to accomplish something other than wadding up the panties of the harpies on The View, and (b) it evinced some measure of forethought and planning.  As it is, it does nothing more than get liberal panties wadded up; it certainly isn't a precursor to getting anything actually accomplished - unlike DeSantis who, to-date, after ridiculing liberals, has managed to start reining in the "woke" schools in Florida and managed to put a real hurt on "woke" Disney.

DeSantis is accomplishing things and his nose-tweaking appears to have some strategic thought behind it, beyond simply wadding up liberal undies.

Trump never did.

BOOM!

There it is. GREAT post.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2023, 03:23:46 pm »
@sneakypete
What an incredibly ignorant statement.  *****rollingeyes*****

I don't think he understands basic economics very well.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2023, 03:26:11 pm »
BOOM!

There it is. GREAT post.

I also noticed that our great contingent of Trump followers are basically ignoring Trump's FDR like "New Deal" "New Cities" bullshit, that will added 10's of trillions of dollars on to the debt.

What selective amnesia.  Fools.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2023, 03:28:37 pm »
@catfish1957

World class suckers. You MIGHT represent 10-15 percent of the voters,and you think being selfish and self-serving is a winning platform.

Cuasen  hit's all bout da benjamins for you and other narrow-minded people like you.

What do you think is going to happen when the dollar craashes @sneakypete ?
When the dollar goes to zero, ALL defense options stop. All import/export stops. All international obligations become due. And on main street, everything is reduced to barter. There is not a more vulnerable state possible.

It is NOT selfish to stand against that happening.
And it IS happening.
It is almost baked in.
And your boy signed up for a quarter to a full third of it, all by himself. More than anyone else.

And you want MORE?
It boggles the mind.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 03:29:36 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2023, 03:30:20 pm »

It is quite obvious

There was a point, I think it was  during the 2016 primary, were Donald Trump says that we should keep borrowing because interest rates are low. Ted Cruz pointed out that low interest rates only hid the true cost of government.

Interest rates aren’t low anymore. MAGAs believe that we can print, spend, and borrow as much as we need to with no ill effects  as long as that money is spent on Americans and in America.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 03:31:49 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #156 on: March 26, 2023, 03:33:42 pm »

In addition to being right about that,America was also robbed by the Dim theft of the election. Go ahead,try to defend Biden by saying America is better off with him as President than with Trump as President.

Back to the lesser evil argument... America is better off with neither one.
America is better off with a strong, Conservative Republican party fighting FOR small government and AGAINST big government, which is the ONLY thing that will put the genie back in the bottle.

THAT is the truth.
And that AIN'T TUMPY.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2023, 03:35:35 pm »
So your accusatory of supposed self centered cries "me, me", and overall destruction of this country into a dystopian economic wasteland due to drunken governmental spending are the same things?

I thought you were sharper than that.

I KNOW, RIGHT?

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2023, 03:39:58 pm »
It is quite obvious

There was a point, I think it was  during the 2016 primary, were Donald Trump says that we should keep borrowing because interest rates are low. Ted Cruz pointed out that low interest rates only hid the true cost of government.

Interest rates aren’t low anymore. MAGAs believe that we can print, spend, and borrow as much as we need to with no ill effects  as long as that money is spent on Americans and in America.

I feel sorry for him in the fact that I personally have configured myself for every economic scenario for survivial.  I am downright obsesssed with it. I wonder how he has prepared.

I do not know his economic status, but the one's who complain about the rich, are the ones who suffer the most in a 30's like crash, or hyperinflation.  I wish I could get through his skull that maybe the most important service our government provides is good fiscally sound economic policies that allows this country to excel on the world's stage.

That includes curbing runaway deficit spending, which he (DJT) was the King. Is DeSantis the solution?  We don't know, but I wil bet good money he won't be as bad as Trump.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2023, 03:40:54 pm »

Yeah... no.  **nononono*

Modern problems. Many have no clue what awaits when the dollar falls...
There is no more dire circumstance.
And it is surely coming, if not already here.

Somebody HAS TO turn it around now.
And that ain't Tumpy.

That'd be like giving the keys to the head thief.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2023, 03:43:47 pm »
I also noticed that our great contingent of Trump followers are basically ignoring Trump's FDR like "New Deal" "New Cities" bullshit, that will added 10's of trillions of dollars on to the debt.

What selective amnesia.  Fools.

Oh yeah it does... And it stinks of Davos and the '15 Minute cities' of their 'utopia'...
Folks just cannot see past the Kabuki theater.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2023, 03:44:44 pm »
So your accusatory of supposed self centered cries "me, me", and overall destruction of this country into a dystopian economic wasteland due to drunken governmental spending are the same things?

I thought you were sharper than that.

@catfish1957

Nice try,but it didn't work. Much like your vote for President won't work.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2023, 03:46:54 pm »
@sneakypete
It is not the truth.

Neither one. And and just like that, you are back to messianic thinking.

@roamer_1

No,I am right back to supporting the ONLY candidate that has a chance of winning and making America better than it is,the Orange ego-manic that cares about NOTHING more than he cares about going into the history books as "the President that saved America."

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2023, 03:48:53 pm »
@roamer_1

No,I am right back to supporting the ONLY candidate that has a chance of winning and making America better than it is,the Orange ego-manic that cares about NOTHING more than he cares about going into the history books as "the President that saved America."

:mauslaff:

So, are we back to magical thinking, a la Vietnam, where we have to destroy America in order to save it?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2023, 03:50:02 pm »
That includes curbing runaway deficit spending, which he (DJT) was the King. Is DeSantis the solution?  We don't know, but I wil bet good money he won't be as bad as Trump.

And that's right too - It's a bet. Might not play. We all know that. But it's a fair bet.

Personally, I doubt he can put us on an austerity footing, even with both houses.
Even breaking even would be a monumental task.

But breaking even and stopping more spending is no where near enough.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2023, 03:54:18 pm »
@roamer_1

@sneakypete
An absurdity... Especially in the light of his first term.
They boxed him into EOs and nothing got done... And it only cost us 8 trillion in debt.

That, friend, is an utter failure.
Don't go there again. We ain't got time for that, and we certainly can't afford it.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 03:55:30 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #166 on: March 26, 2023, 04:18:53 pm »

So, are we back to magical thinking, a la Vietnam, where we have to destroy America in order to save it?

@Kamaji

I don't have the first freaking clue how you came up with a brain fart like that one.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #167 on: March 26, 2023, 04:21:57 pm »
And that's right too - It's a bet. Might not play. We all know that. But it's a fair bet.

Personally, I doubt he can put us on an austerity footing, even with both houses.
Even breaking even would be a monumental task.

But breaking even and stopping more spending is no where near enough.

@roamer_1

REGARDESS of who the candidate/potential next President is,what the HELL would be wrong with breaking even and stopping more out of control spending.

I CAN'T be the only one that would see that as being a SERIOUS step in the right direction.

Not that I think that is actually possible in the short term. We didn't get to  where we are overnight,and we aren't going  to cure the problem and get back on a stable financial footing overnight,either.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #168 on: March 26, 2023, 04:26:21 pm »
@roamer_1

REGARDESS of who the candidate/potential next President is,what the HELL would be wrong with breaking even and stopping more out of control spending.

I CAN'T be the only one that would see that as being a SERIOUS step in the right direction.

Not that I think that is actually possible in the short term. We didn't get to  where we are overnight,and we aren't going  to cure the problem and get back on a stable financial footing overnight,either.

I agree with that -- people who are impatient and demand too much at one time end up getting nothing.  What is needed is long-term discipline, but more importantly some structural changes in things like entitlements and other spending.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #169 on: March 26, 2023, 04:32:39 pm »
@roamer_1

@sneakypete
Breaking even, and stopping new spending....

Right now the US government spends near or more than the entire country makes.
Let that sink in.
No really let that sink in.

We passed anything near sustainable under GWB.
And Obummer doubled that.
And Tumpy doubled that.
And so far, Biteme ain't no better.

How many years can YOU go spending more on credit than you make? Or charging half of what you make?

This ain't hard dude. This is kitchen table shit.

Government cannot cost more than we make as a country.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 05:35:27 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #170 on: March 26, 2023, 04:36:34 pm »
I agree with that -- people who are impatient and demand too much at one time end up getting nothing. What is needed is long-term discipline, but more importantly some structural changes in things like entitlements and other spending.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Yup,and that will be easy-peasy as long as all we ask is that people vote for pols that want people OTHER than them to bear the financial sacrifices.

The call will be what it always is,"Let the Sacred Cows of OTHER people be the ones butchered!"

Selfish Self-Interest is the key word of the day,as it is the key word of EVERY day.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #171 on: March 26, 2023, 04:37:12 pm »
---unlike DeSantis who, to-date, after ridiculing liberals, has managed to start reining in the "woke" schools in Florida and managed to put a real hurt on "woke" Disney.

DeSantis is a Republican governor ----- doing what Republican governors do----he's reining in woke directives.  He's also late to this counter-party.  He's following, not leading. 

Ron is not a trailblazer on any issue.  He has spent his political career sitting in the canteen watching which way the winds are blowing.  He has never seen the tip of the political spear, nevermind been on it. He is, at best, an overrated political mimic.

As for the "real hurt" DeSantis put on Disney, he signed a bill giving Disney what it wanted most, including: --exemption from sales tax & property tax, --tax-free bonds and --expedited permitting.

In a victory lap, Disney has announced it will host what’s billed as “the largest LGBTQ+ conference in the world” in September with Out & Equal, a California-based LGBTQ+ workplace equality organization.

DeSantis is accomplishing things and his nose-tweaking appears to have some strategic thought behind it, beyond simply wadding up liberal undies.

Let's introduce some fact-based reality into this talking point.

DeSantis had zero accomplishments in Congress and as for his Florida record --- he needs to thank his Republican Supreme Court and Republican super-majority in both chambers of his Statehouse.

DeSantis has never negotiated a win against ANY opposition. He is completely untested ---- not even he has any idea if he's got what that would take to win. Worse yet, not even he knows what or who he would be fighting for.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #172 on: March 26, 2023, 04:40:46 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Yup,and that will be easy-peasy as long as all we ask is that people vote for pols that want people OTHER than them to bear the financial sacrifices.

The call will be what it always is,"Let the Sacred Cows of OTHER people be the ones butchered!"

Selfish Self-Interest is the key word of the day,as it is the key word of EVERY day.

When I was in my 40's and even 50's, I was supporting long-term reform of entitlements big-time, even though I was in the group likely to be hurt the worst.  But I agree that a lot of folks aren't willing to do that.  The weird thing is that younger people should be the most supportive of entitlement reform, because the program will be in huge trouble by the time they're older.  But they're not educated on the issue, and so their general leftward-lean makes them opposed to it.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #173 on: March 26, 2023, 04:44:28 pm »
When I was in my 40's and even 50's, I was supporting long-term reform of entitlements big-time, even though I was in the group likely to be hurt the worst.  But I agree that a lot of folks aren't willing to do that.  The weird thing is that younger people should be the most supportive of entitlement reform, because the program will be in huge trouble by the time they're older.  But they're not educated on the issue, and so their general leftward-lean makes them opposed to it.

And the longer we avoid the issue of entitlements, the more hurt is going to come.

We know that Donald Trump has no desire whatsoever to do anything regarding entitlements. He did Toy with the idea and seemed open to it while president. But that’s gone.

He’s now attacking any candidate that attempted to address the issue
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #174 on: March 26, 2023, 04:53:57 pm »
@roamer_1

You won't get a stop to out-of-control spending with another Trump administration.  You didn't get it with the first Trump administration, and he has already committed himself to positions that will guarantee more out-of-control spending in a second Trump administration.

So, which do you want?  An out-of-control narcissist whose only clear talent is getting the ladies on The View to clench their glutea and wad up their undies, or do you want some measure of control brought to federal spending?