Author Topic: LIVE THREAD BREAKING...Trump Indicted  (Read 25636 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: LIVE THREAD BREAKING...Trump Indicted
« Reply #650 on: April 09, 2023, 07:15:50 pm »
   I thought LA was from Venezuela.

I seem to remember a Latina vibe...  :shrug:

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
« Reply #651 on: April 09, 2023, 07:27:53 pm »

that  ,,,,,was a marimba •••••••••

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #652 on: April 09, 2023, 07:31:54 pm »
that  ,,,,,was a marimba •••••••••

Aaaaaiiiiiii!   :beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #653 on: April 09, 2023, 07:55:04 pm »

I used to chat with her on PM.  Romanian.  She lives not far from me, in Nevada.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #654 on: April 09, 2023, 07:58:51 pm »
I used to chat with her on PM.  Romanian.  She lives not far from me, in Nevada.

Gypsy! I stand corrected... But that explains why I liked her.  :laugh:

Online LMAO

« Reply #655 on: April 09, 2023, 08:05:37 pm »
Gypsy! I stand corrected... But that explains why I liked her.  :laugh:

Back during the boat people from Vietnam era in the 1970s, we did have a Vietnamese family that moved in our neighborhood after fleeing the Communist in Vietnam and they had 4 kids of which one was a daughter that was my age.

They absolutely loved America and were patriotic as hell. I used to think it was strange to see an American flag flying high, especially on Fourth of July, outside their home considering they were from Vietnam but as I got older and really understood what communism was, I gained an understanding why they felt the way they did.

And I remember the whole family just adored Ronald Reagan.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #656 on: April 09, 2023, 08:27:49 pm »
Back during the boat people from Vietnam era in the 1970s, we did have a Vietnamese family that moved in our neighborhood after fleeing the Communist in Vietnam and they had 4 kids of which one was a daughter that was my age.

They absolutely loved America and were patriotic as hell. I used to think it was strange to see an American flag flying high, especially on Fourth of July, outside their home considering they were from Vietnam but as I got older and really understood what communism was, I gained an understanding why they felt the way they did.

And I remember the whole family just adored Ronald Reagan.

None understand liberty like those who know what it is to be without it.  :beer:

Offline corbe

« Reply #657 on: April 09, 2023, 10:04:34 pm »
   My Trumper sister should know better than invite me over for a Religious Dinner and all.  But she did and I went.  We survived debating why it's called Good Friday so I pressed my luck and ventured into Trumpism.  I abruptly stood up from the conversation table after she asked the question "What has Ted Cruz done lately, except get FAT"?  Though I had to somewhat agree with her (silently), I left anyway knowing that this Trumper had exhausted all logical data points.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online LMAO

« Reply #658 on: April 09, 2023, 10:15:55 pm »
   My Trumper sister should know better than invite me over for a Religious Dinner and all.  But she did and I went.  We survived debating why it's called Good Friday so I pressed my luck and ventured into Trumpism.  I abruptly stood up from the conversation table after she asked the question "What has Ted Cruz done lately, except get FAT"?  Though I had to somewhat agree with her (silently), I left anyway knowing that this Trumper had exhausted all logical data points.

He did gain weight. That Senate salary must allow him to eat well
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #659 on: April 09, 2023, 10:21:25 pm »
He did gain weight. That Senate salary must allow him to eat well

@LMAO

Maybe his (alleged) boyfriend/live-in roomie is just a good cook?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 10:22:17 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline corbe

« Reply #660 on: April 09, 2023, 10:25:03 pm »
   ESAD
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #661 on: April 09, 2023, 10:41:01 pm »
   ESAD

:nono: I know what that means....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

« Reply #662 on: April 09, 2023, 10:55:52 pm »
   @mystery-ak In my defense He says that often to other Briefers.  I should have included the Beer emoji, I guess, cause I love that ol fart!

I see this 4 letter nomenclature as being added to the forbidden word list, sorry about that @sneakypete

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #663 on: April 09, 2023, 11:05:27 pm »

Wow... so you don't get along with your sister about politics and she just likes a different Republican than you? Yikes, you wouldn't like my family functions (on my side, my wife's family is basically apolitical, which is fine with me).

Offline corbe

« Reply #664 on: April 09, 2023, 11:10:49 pm »
   My most successful Relationships in my Life have been apolitical; I thrive on them.  Unfortunately, my Family I can't choose, and they are just as stubborn as me BUT I Love them.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #665 on: April 09, 2023, 11:21:06 pm »
I see this 4 letter nomenclature as being added to the forbidden word list,

Nah...there is too many on that list as it is...I'm not going to start putting acronyms on it...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #666 on: April 10, 2023, 12:55:33 am »
Wow... so you don't get along with your sister about politics and she just likes a different Republican than you? Yikes, you wouldn't like my family functions (on my side, my wife's family is basically apolitical, which is fine with me).

LOL!

Last Easter, I was having dinner at my brother's house...just him, his wife and myself.  They hate President Trump...the man.

Because it had really been bugging me seeing all the memes on the internet regarding the sexuality of Michelle Obama...from unabashed sources and old photos...the fact there are none of her while pregnant, etc..,

I blurted out..."Is Michelle Obama really a dude?  A transsexual??

Dead silence ...so I blurted out "What?"

He looks and says, "I have no idea why you would even ask that question".

Once and for all.... IS 'SHE' a "HE"?

Is that what all this transsexual crap is for?...to get the country ready for Michelle in 2024?  LOL!   :silly:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
« Reply #667 on: April 10, 2023, 02:15:52 am »

i miss my trumper friends....no easter at Church This year

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
« Reply #668 on: April 10, 2023, 02:17:10 am »
  :yowsa:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #669 on: April 10, 2023, 01:13:49 pm »
The Incoherent Trump Indictment
It appears that Alvin Bragg has arrested Trump without telling him exactly what crimes he has allegedly committed and how he committed them.
by George Parry
April 9, 2023, 10:55 PM
In pre-Marxist America, the Sixth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution used to guarantee criminal defendants the right to “be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation” against them. This antiquated provision was interpreted to mean that an indictment  had to apprise the accused of the crime charged with such reasonable certainty that the defendant could prepare and present a defense. It was held that no indictment was sufficient if it did not set forth all of the elements that constituted the alleged crime. And, where an indictment described the crime by merely reciting the words of the criminal statute allegedly violated, it nevertheless had to allege facts necessary to bring the case within the statutory definition of the crime.

But now, in the brave new world of woke law enforcement, such bourgeois constitutional niceties appear to have been rendered inoperative. Just ask Manhattan District Attorney  Alvin Bragg, who has produced a legally incoherent grand jury indictment of former President Donald Trump.

To be sure the Sixth Amendment is still on the books as is Article 200.50 of the New York Criminal Procedure Law which provides, in relevant part, that an indictment “must contain” a “plain and concise factual statement in each count which … asserts facts supporting every element of the offense charged and the defendant’s … commission thereof with sufficient precision to clearly apprise the defendant … of the conduct which is the subject of the accusation…”

But, judging from the incomplete, impenetrable, and mystifying contents of the Trump indictment, it appears that Bragg has arrested Trump without telling him exactly what crimes he has allegedly committed and how he committed them. Or, to paraphrase the Red Queen in Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, Bragg’s ground-breaking prosecutorial strategy appears to be “trial first, charges afterward.” ...

George Parry is a former federal and state prosecutor.
American Spectator
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 06:12:44 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

« Reply #670 on: April 10, 2023, 01:20:35 pm »
The Incoherent Trump Indictment
It appears that Alvin Bragg has arrested Trump without telling him exactly what crimes he has allegedly committed and how he committed them.
by George Parry
April 9, 2023, 10:55 PMAmerican Spectator

:facepalm2:

The solution is for Trump to either (a) move to have the indictment dismissed for insufficiency, or (b) request a bill of particulars to fill in the factual allegations that support the offenses alleged in the indictment.

Until (b) happens, and is denied, and then (a) is denied, and the case proceeds to trial and conviction, there has been no denial of Sixth Amendment rights.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #671 on: April 10, 2023, 05:43:21 pm »

The solution is for Trump to either (a) move to have the indictment dismissed for insufficiency, or (b) request a bill of particulars to fill in the factual allegations that support the offenses alleged in the indictment.

Until (b) happens, and is denied, and then (a) is denied, and the case proceeds to trial and conviction, there has been no denial of Sixth Amendment rights.

So.e people just insist on bringing actual law into legal discussions....

You should be ashamed of yourself.   /S

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #672 on: April 10, 2023, 06:10:00 pm »

:laugh:

Online Kamaji

« Reply #673 on: April 10, 2023, 06:24:21 pm »

My bad!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #674 on: April 10, 2023, 06:27:19 pm »

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-