Author Topic: MAGA supporters call for Gov. DeSantis to deploy National Guard to protect ex-president at Mar-a-Lag  (Read 1429 times)

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11878015/MAGA-supporters-demand-DeSantis-defy-Trump-arrest-National-Guard-Mar-Lago.html

MAGA supporters call for Gov. DeSantis to deploy National Guard to protect ex-president at Mar-a-Lago from possible arrest and plan a 'Patriot Moat' at Florida mansion - as GOP chiefs accuse Manhattan DA of 'abusing his power'

By MELISSA KOENIG FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 08:01 EDT, 19 March 2023

The money excerpt:
Now, some MAGA conservatives are demanding that DeSantis refuse to extradite Trump to a 'Soros DA' until the Florida government can conduct its own investigation — with some even saying the governor should call in the Florida National Guard to protect Trump.

But so far, DeSantis has remained quiet about the potential arrest, even as other Republicans line up to denounce the possible indictment as an 'abuse of power.'

Among those calling for action are political commentator Mike Cernovich and radio host Stew Peters.

Cernovich, for his part, demanded that DeSantis refuse to extradite the former president, even offering a statement for the Florida governor to use.

'I will not extradite a presidential candidate to a Soros DA who allows violent criminals to roam free until there has been a proper legal review conducted under Florida law,' he offered. 'If lawful, then extradition may occur, but not one day sooner.'

Political strategist and former radio host Joey M. also tweeted 'if DeSantis signs that extradition request, his political career as we know it would be over. He’d be worse than Pence.

More at URL above...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 07:53:13 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
So why is DeSantis obligated to do anything here, especially after the way trump has been trashing him?

If New York's finest actually flies down to Mar-A-Lago to slap cuffs on Trump, would it not be an issue for the Sheriff's department, local law enforcement, and the Secret Service?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Rattler tries to bite with:
"So why is DeSantis obligated to do anything here, especially after the way trump has been trashing him?"

Fine, then.
Just fine.
Let Mr. DeSantis do nothing in defense of Mr. Trump.
Fine with me.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
"So why is DeSantis obligated to do anything here, especially after the way trump has been trashing him?"

Fine, then.
Just fine.
Fine with me.

So DeSantis is supposed to defy the federal government and illegally block extradition in order to prevent Trump from being arrested???  Nothing like just handing a clear cut case of Obstruction of Justice to Biden's DOJ, huh?  So instead of Trump going to trial in a case in which he very likely would be exonerated eventually, DeSantis is supposed to get convicted of a crime of which he'd actually be guilty.  And whomever DeSantis would order to obstruct federal marshals wouldn't comply with his order anyway if they had a brain, so both of them would get arrested anyway.

This is almost a carbon-copy of the same type of logic that handed the Democrats the January 6 "insurrection".  Except I'm pretty confident DeSantis isn't stupid enough to fall for it as did Trump.

Offline LMAO

This is almost a carbon-copy of the same type of logic that handed the Democrats the January 6 "insurrection". 

Which has been used against Trump and candidates tied to him with modest success
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Which has been used against Trump and candidates tied to him with modest success

I think the MAGA-ites should just head to Florida themselves to physically prevent extradition.   Why beg someone else to break the law for "the cause" when you can just do it yourself?  Or are they just too cowardly?

Offline kevindavis007

So DeSantis is supposed to defy the federal government and illegally block extradition in order to prevent Trump from being arrested???  Nothing like just handing a clear cut case of Obstruction of Justice to Biden's DOJ, huh?  So instead of Trump going to trial in a case in which he very likely would be exonerated eventually, DeSantis is supposed to get convicted of a crime of which he'd actually be guilty.  And whomever DeSantis would order to obstruct federal marshals wouldn't comply with his order anyway if they had a brain, so both of them would get arrested anyway.

This is almost a carbon-copy of the same type of logic that handed the Democrats the January 6 "insurrection".  Except I'm pretty confident DeSantis isn't stupid enough to fall for it as did Trump.

Also, Trump and his followers have been calling Ron names, so now they expect him to protect Trump.  I'm sorry if I was a Governor where Trump is about to be arrested and Trump and his followers has been calling me names, I would just ignore his plea.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online mountaineer

I think the MAGA-ites should just head to Florida themselves to physically prevent extradition.   Why beg someone else to break the law for "the cause" when you can just do it yourself?  Or are they just too cowardly?
:beer:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Right

They're demanding people like Desantis and everyone else to change Trump's dirty diaper.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Fine, then.
Just fine.
Fine with me.

Once again, who paid a stripper to do whatever strippers do? Trump or DeSantis? Who tried to cover it up with hush money? Trump or DeSantis? Who tries to position themselves as being a victim here? Trump or DeSantis? This ain't Russia this or that, which Trump could rightfully claim being the victim of a corrupt alphabet government/democrat media and party/Hillary. This is the scratching and clawing of Trumpists trying to bring down everyone with Trump as they circle the drain.

Most everyone here defended Trump against the fake accusations brought on by the machine (Octopus with many legs). People went to jail over it. But at some point, nobody wants to be the head stepped upon and pushed under water for covering up a cover-up. The argument that Biden has done worse is a valid one, but until we have someone clean enough in office to not draw rightful friendly fire, we are just excusing corruption ourselves.

There is a reason one wants the high ground... Trump gave up that high ground and sharing sinking sand with others makes a rough go of things.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 11:55:27 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

If DeSantis calls in the National Guard to try to resist the federal government, he instantly becomes unelectable nationally.  Probably why some Trump supporters are urging it.

Online Kamaji

Uhh, maybe I'm just dumb, but as far as I can tell, these would be charges by a NY prosecutor for violations of NY law, and as far as I know, NY police do not have jurisdiction to make arrests outside of NY.

So that means they would have to seek extradition through Florida courts, not some midnight SWAT raid.

Offline LMAO

Uhh, maybe I'm just dumb, but as far as I can tell, these would be charges by a NY prosecutor for violations of NY law, and as far as I know, NY police do not have jurisdiction to make arrests outside of NY.

So that means they would have to seek extradition through Florida courts, not some midnight SWAT raid.

Yup

NYPD can’t go to Florida to arrest him. And this type of charge isn’t up to a level to require a SWAT team

Many in the MAGA movement have a limited grasp of basic civics. I blame public education

Barry Goldwater

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Trump side needs to STHU and bite the bullet. This should be an easy case to win, then file for sanctions, RICO, or whatever else to get back at the NY/DOJ legal slime machine. Enough of the drama already.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

The Trump side needs to STHU and bite the bullet. This should be an easy case to win, then file for sanctions, RICO, or whatever else to get back at the NY/DOJ legal slime machine. Enough of the drama already.

Trump never knows when to keep his mouth shut and yes, he lives for the drama.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

If this was a Shakespeare play, Meatball Ron DeSanctimonious would let the Feds take out Tangerine Mussolini.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 01:39:11 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

Assuming this misdemeanor charge is filed, it really shouldn't survive a motion to dismiss. Then Trump should file a lawsuit for malicious prosecution against the Soros prosecutor.

Online Kamaji

Assuming this misdemeanor charge is filed, it really shouldn't survive a motion to dismiss. Then Trump should file a lawsuit for malicious prosecution against the Soros prosecutor.

It probably will survive a motion to dismiss - most NY trial judges are averse to granting those, particularly for a defendant like Trump who doesn't tick any of the MFM (most favored minority) boxes.

That being said, if he gets a dismissal or an acquittal, he should sue for malicious prosecution.

Online mountaineer

It probably will survive a motion to dismiss - most NY trial judges are averse to granting those, particularly for a defendant like Trump who doesn't tick any of the MFM (most favored minority) boxes.
Exactly. What I meant was that in a sane, just world - as opposed to Manhattan - it wouldn't survive a motion to dismiss!  :laugh:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mountaineer

Sounds like a good plan,but would he be suring for malicious prosecution in Fl,or in NY? I suspect trying this in a NY court would be a waste of time and money,although it MIGHT help him politically. After all,practically nobody from NY will be voting for him anyhow.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

The malicious prosecution suit would be filed in NY.

Online Kamaji

@mountaineer

Sounds like a good plan,but would he be suring for malicious prosecution in Fl,or in NY? I suspect trying this in a NY court would be a waste of time and money,although it MIGHT help him politically. After all,practically nobody from NY will be voting for him anyhow.

In NY.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The malicious prosecution suit would be filed in NY.

@mountaineer

Oh,well.

So much for that

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
In NY.

@Kamaji

In that case,it would be a waste of time and money.

Damn shame he can't bring a suit up in America.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus