Author Topic: President Trump announces first ‘MAGA’ rally of 2024 presidential campaign  (Read 3199 times)

Online LMAO

@LMAO With all fairness, part of the huge increase in deficit was because of the cost of providing emergency PPE's, research on vaccines, etc.  Heck Trump even brought in a hospital ship for NY. Makeshift hospital facilities were erected. All that costs money.  Also the enormous cost of unemployment. So .... I'm not so sure I would classify that as runaway spending.  When COVID hit we encountered a huge economic burden.  Was it for not?  Mostly so.  However at the time Trump handled the Chinese virus beautifully.

That’s partially true. But we were already on the path of insolvency even before Covid.

https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump/amp

“federal finances under Trump had become dire even before the pandemic. That happened even though the economy was booming and unemployment was at historically low levels. By the Trump administration’s own description, the pre-pandemic national debt level was already a “crisis” and a “grave threat.”

The combination of Trump’s 2017 tax cut and the lack of any serious spending restraint helped both the deficit and the debt soar. So when the once-in-a-lifetime viral disaster slammed our country and we threw more than $3 trillion into COVID-19-related stimulus, there was no longer any margin for error.”

But let’s say he had no choice and the lockdowns, and the money being handed out, was the sole driver of the Trump debt. Why is he still promising more spending?

Without Covid, he probably would’ve overseen the same amount on the national debt as Barack Obama did  in his two terms should Trump have won another term. And we raked Barack Obama over hot coals for the amount that he helped add to the national debt. Why do some people think that Trump should get a pass?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 06:25:01 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You’re molding him into what you think will happen. The rest of us are pointing out not only what happened while president but what he’s doing now as a candidate.

@LMAO

What else am I supposed to do,mold him into who YOU think he will be?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'll just say that historically, Presidents are less effective in their second term than in their first, and are lame ducks as soon as they are elected.  And they get nothing done after midterms.

@Maj. Bill Martin

And I will reply that unlike all the rest,Trump isn't a professional politician,and he is running for the history  books,not the "Party".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

:mauslaff:

Like he did the last time we trusted him with the office of president?

@Kamaji

The last time he was a rookie politician who thought that like in the business world,you could trust your subordinates in the political world.

This time he not only knows he needs to keep a closer eye on them,he knows it is his last opportunity  to make it big in the history  books.

But frankly,I am getting tired of trying to explain this over and over to closed minds. This last comment was NOT directed at you,but the anti-Trump whiners in general.

Do whatever the hell you all want to do come election day. You can be sure thats what I am going to  do.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You're the one who made the claim about DeSantis, so you are the one that needs to provide the link that DeSantis is stabbing Trump in the back.

That's ok ... I'll patiently wait.

@libertybele

Cool! Keep waiting.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The hospitals and PPE was a drop in the bucket, and the vaccine financing was mostly private.  The real costs were the massive amounts of money we handed out to people not to work for an extended period of time.  And the reason that was necessary was because Trump went along with putting Fauci up there to recommend shutting down the whole country.

That spending is on Trump.

@Maj. Bill Martin

EVERYTHING is Trumps fault.

Gotcha.

Online LMAO

@LMAO

What else am I supposed to do,mold him into who YOU think he will be?

I don’t know where you got that idea.

You make the claim all the time that Donald Trump’s second  term is going to be near Nirvana. You always make the claim that he’s wants to go down as the president in the history books that “saved America.” That’s  quite a burden to put on him.

But in the real world, that’s just fantasy. He may be running on things that he believes in and that’s expected. Just like Bernie Sanders tries to run on issues he believes in. But, like Sanders, it’s not like the rest of the country is just gonna sit back and let him mold America into his vision
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 09:43:38 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

@Kamaji

The last time he was a rookie politician who thought that like in the business world,you could trust your subordinates in the political world.

This time he not only knows he needs to keep a closer eye on them,he knows it is his last opportunity  to make it big in the history  books.

But frankly,I am getting tired of trying to explain this over and over to closed minds. This last comment was NOT directed at you,but the anti-Trump whiners in general.

Do whatever the hell you all want to do come election day. You can be sure thats what I am going to  do.

This is still a fantasy that you’ve created. I can understand voting for the guy because he has some policies that are really important to you. But you’re putting all your hopes into a politician.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don’t know where you got that idea.

You make the claim all the time that Donald Trump’s second  term is going to be near Nirvana.

@LMAO

Really? How about a direct quote on that,Bubba?

You always make the claim that he’s wants to go down as the president in the history books that “saved America.” That’s  quite a burden to put on him.

I didn't put that burden on him. He did that himself.  His ego would not allow him to give home to any other outcome.

But, like Sanders, it’s not like the rest of the country is just gonna sit back and let him mold America into his vision

Then America is OVER as a free nation of free people,but I don't believe that to be true.  Trump is,in FACT,the ONLY candidate that doesn't have to play "the long game" because he will NOT be running for re-election.

All he will be "running for" is the history books. He might not accomplish even half of what he wants thanks to all the resistance  he is going to get from the entrenched status quo people who would lose money and position if anything changes,but he IS going to try.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is still a fantasy that you’ve created. I can understand voting for the guy because he has some policies that are really important to you. But you’re putting all your hopes into a politician.
[/b]

@LMAO

"Hopes" are ALL that any of us have. There are no such things as actual "Crystal Balls" that can see into the future.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@Maj. Bill Martin

And I will reply that unlike all the rest,Trump isn't a professional politician,and he is running for the history  books,not the "Party".

Every President, especially second-termers. are running for the history books, or "their legacy".  Nobody has a hold of them at that point.  It's nothing unique to Trump.

The problem is that because they can't run again, people start looking past them and are more willing to defy/challenge them, even within their own party.  That's why they get less done.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Every President, especially second-termers. are running for the history books, or "their legacy".  Nobody has a hold of them at that point.  It's nothing unique to Trump.

The problem is that because they can't run again, people start looking past them and are more willing to defy/challenge them, even within their own party. That's why they get less done.

Sad,but too often true.