Author Topic: President Trump announces first ‘MAGA’ rally of 2024 presidential campaign  (Read 2980 times)

Offline Kamaji

@Kamaji

You have crawled right up his butt to live,haven't you?

What are you going to do if,for some reason,he doesn't run?

Paint, paint, paint, right into that corner.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@Maj. Bill Martin

HorseHillary!

The Anti-Trumper definition of a "die hard Trumper" is "ANYONE who doesn't vote for the PC candidate."

@sneakypete

I'm not sure what you mean by "the PC candidate", but doesn't it really mean anyone who votes for someone else in the primary?  In which case, I think we agree.  Trump is alienating every GOP voter who might prefer someone else in the primary, and there is absolutely zero chance Trump can win a general election that way.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 04:21:37 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online libertybele

@libertybele

Seriously?

Yes seriously.  Please do explain and give a valid example @sneakypete
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

I'm not sure what you mean by "the PC candidate", but doesn't it really mean anyone who votes for someone else in the primary?  In which case, I think we agree. Trump is alienating every GOP voter who might prefer someone else in the primary,

@Maj. Bill Martin

Not only that,but he is the ONLY candidate in all of history who  has done that!

The FIEND!

and there is absolutely zero chance Trump can win a general election that way.

Yeah,what we need is another Bush. Is JEB busy?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yes seriously.  Please do explain and give a valid example @sneakypete

@libertybele

Give me a link and I will be happy to explain.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Yeah,what we need is another Bush. Is JEB busy?

@sneakypete

You realize you completely ducked the point, right?  Isn't it your view that any candidate who runs against Trump in the GOP primary, and anyone who supports those candidates over Trump himself, is an "Anti-Trumper"?

Not only that,but he is the ONLY candidate in all of history who  has done that!
The FIEND!

What successful Presidential candidate won the election after deliberately alienating anyone who didn't support him in the primary?  Reagan made a huge effort to bring in the "GOPe" after he beat GHWB in the 2000 primary.  Bush did the same thing in 2000, and even Trump made an effort to do that in 2016.  But even Trump himself never did this kind of scorched earth in 2016.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 04:52:12 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online LMAO

@libertybele

Oh, this is a funny one

Make an accusation, but yet demand everybody else back up the accusation

This is comedy gold
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

MAGA’s are more interested in keeping DeSantis from getting the 2024 nomination than winning the general election

Please, stop trying to speak for Trump supporters @LMAO   I realize it's your favorite fantasy-driven hobby, but you're making a fool of yourself.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

You realize you completely ducked the point, right?  Isn't it your view that any candidate who runs against Trump in the GOP primary, and anyone who supports those candidates over Trump himself, is an "Anti-Trumper"?

@Maj. Bill Martin

Well,one of us must have missed/ducked the point,anyhow.

What successful Presidential candidate won the election after deliberately alienating anyone who didn't support him in the primary?  Reagan made a huge effort to bring in the "GOPe" after he beat GHWB in the 2000 primary.  Bush did the same thing in 2000, and even Trump made an effort to do that in 2014.  But even Trump himself never did this kind of scorched earth in 2016.

That was then,and this is now. Was Trump running against a senile old fool who has been proven to be both a traitor and a as corrupt as any public official who  has ever lived?

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Please, stop trying to speak for Trump supporters @LMAO   I realize it's your favorite fantasy-driven hobby, but you're making a fool of yourself.

We don't speak for Trump supporters, or for Trump.  We simply listen, and draw logical conclusions.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Oh, this is a funny one

Make an accusation, but yet demand everybody else back up the accusation

This is comedy gold

@lamo

ESAD.

I have better things to do with my time that spend it trying to please you by looking up a link you want to argue about.

Online LMAO

Well, it probably is unfair for me to paint everybody who is going to vote for Donald Trump in that corner. But it applies to you

I have never seen any nomination where a candidate and his supporters meltdown over the idea that they might not just get to walk into a nomination. Seriously, every single temper tantrum he has you see it as some kind of grand campaign strategy when everybody else outside the bubble sees it for what it is.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

We don't speak for Trump supporters, or for Trump.  We simply listen, and draw logical conclusions.

:thumbsup:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

@Maj. Bill Martin
That was then,and this is now. Was Trump running against a senile old fool who has been proven to be both a traitor and a as corrupt as any public official who  has ever lived?

Okay...so is your point that because Trump will be running against a "senile old fool who has been proven to be both a traitor and as corrupt....(etc.), he doesn't really need the support of those Republicans who preferred someone else in the primaries?  Because so many people will hate Biden that they'll have no choice but to vote for Trump, and therefore Trump doesn't need to "unite the party"?

@sneakypete

And I'm asking all this because it truly seems to me that Trump and a good number of his supporters really don't care if he alienates permanently other Republicans.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 04:57:44 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well, it probably is unfair for me to paint everybody who is going to vote for Donald Trump in that corner. But it applies to you

I have never seen any nomination where a candidate and his supporters meltdown over the idea that they might not just get to walk into a nomination. Seriously, every single temper tantrum he has you see it as some kind of grand campaign strategy when everybody else outside the bubble sees it for what it is.

@LMAO

Well,Trump IS the only candidate that can and is likely to make changes. He can only serve one term,so he is not looking forward to a re-election campaign,and all he really  cars about is how he is written about in the history books.

Online LMAO

@LMAO

Well,Trump IS the only candidate that can and is likely to make changes. He can only serve one term,so he is not looking forward to a re-election campaign,and all he really  cars about is how he is written about in the history books.

You’re molding him into what you think will happen. The rest of us are pointing out not only what happened while president but what he’s doing now as a candidate.

Barry Goldwater

Online Maj. Bill Martin

@LMAO

I'll just say that historically, Presidents are less effective in their second term than in their first, and are lame ducks as soon as they are elected.  And they get nothing done after midterms.

Offline Kamaji

@LMAO

:mauslaff:

Like he did the last time we trusted him with the office of president?

Online LMAO

We hear so much about all this wonderful stuff that’s gonna happen if he should get a second term. But if the out of control spending becomes a big issue, and I believe it is, you can’t even argue that he’s found religion on that. In fact, he’s promising more.

Barry Goldwater

Online libertybele

@libertybele

You're the one who made the claim about DeSantis, so you are the one that needs to provide the link that DeSantis is stabbing Trump in the back.

That's ok ... I'll patiently wait.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

We hear so much about all this wonderful stuff that’s gonna happen if he should get a second term. But if the out of control spending becomes a big issue, and I believe it is, you can’t even argue that he’s found religion on that. In fact, he’s promising more.

@LMAO With all fairness, part of the huge increase in deficit was because of the cost of providing emergency PPE's, research on vaccines, etc.  Heck Trump even brought in a hospital ship for NY. Makeshift hospital facilities were erected. All that costs money.  Also the enormous cost of unemployment. So .... I'm not so sure I would classify that as runaway spending.  When COVID hit we encountered a huge economic burden.  Was it for not?  Mostly so.  However at the time Trump handled the Chinese virus beautifully.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 05:42:27 pm by libertybele »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

@LMAO With all fairness, part of the huge increase in deficit was because of the cost of providing emergency PPE's, research on vaccines, etc.  Heck Trump even brought in a hospital ship for NY. Makeshift hospital facilities were erected. All that costs money.  Also the enormous cost of unemployment. So .... I'm not so sure I would classify that as runaway spending.  When COVID hit we encountered a huge economic burden.  Was it for not?  Mostly so.  However at the time Trump handled the Chinese virus beautifully.

The hospitals and PPE was a drop in the bucket, and the vaccine financing was mostly private.  The real costs were the massive amounts of money we handed out to people not to work for an extended period of time.  And the reason that was necessary was because Trump went along with putting Fauci up there to recommend shutting down the whole country.

That spending is on Trump.

Online libertybele

The hospitals and PPE was a drop in the bucket, and the vaccine financing was mostly private.  The real costs were the massive amounts of money we handed out to people not to work for an extended period of time.  And the reason that was necessary was because Trump went along with putting Fauci up there to recommend shutting down the whole country.

That spending is on Trump.

Agreed.

Online LMAO

@lamo

ESAD.

I have better things to do with my time that spend it trying to please you by looking up a link you want to argue about.

I haven’t even asked you to look up a link on anything

I simply commented on the fact that when someone else asked you for examples of where DeSantis stabbed Trump in the back, you demanded that they provide you the link

Barry Goldwater

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I have never seen any nomination where a candidate and his supporters meltdown over the idea that they might not just get to walk into a nomination.

And you still haven't.