Author Topic: Trump rally goes silent after he attempts to mock DeSantis  (Read 725 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Trump rally goes silent after he attempts to mock DeSantis
« on: March 26, 2023, 08:08:51 pm »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-rally-goes-silent-after-he-attempts-mock-desantis?intcmp=tw_pols

Former President Donald Trump took aim at potential Republican primary foe Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis during a recent campaign event, with much of the criticism garnering little enthusiasm from those in attendance.

During his Saturday campaign event in Waco, Texas, on Saturday, Trump argued that DeSantis had little chance of becoming Florida's governor without the former president's endorsement, with Trump breaking into an impersonation of DeSantis allegedly begging him for his support in the state's 2018 Republican primary.

"So, he came, and he really wanted [my endorsement]. I said, ‘You can’t win, can you? How do you – can [you] win?'" Trump said, recalling the alleged conversation with DeSantis. "‘Sir, if you endorse me, I’ll win. Please, please, sir, endorse me,'" Trump continued as he acted out a crying, begging voice.

While similar jabs against political opponents have been a hit with Trump's crowds during past rallies, those in attendance were noticeably more silent as Trump took aim at DeSantis. Though some in the crowd could be heard laughing or clapping as Trump continued to be critical of DeSantis, the reaction of the crowd was much more silent than when Trump went after other targets, such as the mainstream media.

Trump's continuing low class behavior went over like a wet dishrag...nasty attacks on other Republicans are not what Republicans want for 2024.  And we don't anoint kings in this country, which is what Trump wants for himself.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Trump rally goes silent after he attempts to mock DeSantis
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2023, 08:46:43 pm »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-rally-goes-silent-after-he-attempts-mock-desantis?intcmp=tw_pols

Trump's continuing low class behavior went over like a wet dishrag...nasty attacks on other Republicans are not what Republicans want for 2024.  And we don't anoint kings in this country, which is what Trump wants for himself.

The problem is that most (sane) Republicans know that he cannot govern effectively unless he has a Congress that supports him, and can bring talented people with him into government.  And if he tears down other Republicans along the way, that just isn't going to happen.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 09:22:28 pm »
The problem is that most (sane) Republicans know that he cannot govern effectively unless he has a Congress that supports him, and can bring talented people with him into government.  And if he tears down other Republicans along the way, that just isn't going to happen.

THAT is dang right.

In order to lead effectively, folks have to be willing to follow.
All the bad blood he makes will not help him in that.

Especially if he expects folks to grovel and kiss the ring when he wins.
Which has already been shown to be true.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2023, 09:25:49 pm »
Trump’s adoring throngs will claim the crowd was simply in awe of his 8-dimensional-chess intellect. 

What Trump fails to understand is swing voters like DeSantis and not Trump.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2023, 09:26:48 pm »
THAT is dang right.

In order to lead effectively, folks have to be willing to follow.
All the bad blood he makes will not help him in that.

Especially if he expects folks to grovel and kiss the ring when he wins.
Which has already been shown to be true.

Trump's nastiness is why we still have Obamacare.  The partial repeal - which would have eliminated the "entitlement" aspect of it, missed because of McCain's vote.  And McCain did that just to spite Trump because of what Trump had said about him.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2023, 09:28:52 pm »
Trump's nastiness is why we still have Obamacare.  The partial repeal - which would have eliminated the "entitlement" aspect of it, missed because of McCain's vote.  And McCain did that just to spite Trump because of what Trump had said about him.

That's right. And that McCain't was a vindictive a****** is beside the point.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2023, 09:46:14 pm »
Trump’s adoring throngs will claim the crowd was simply in awe of his 8-dimensional-chess intellect. 

What Trump fails to understand is swing voters like DeSantis and not Trump.

De Santis did better across-the-board amongst different groups than Donald Trump did. But that’s a state election

That doesn’t mean automatically the country at large swing voters like him. He has the work very hard for that group that’s probably very skeptical of the GOP after Donald Trump.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2023, 12:01:32 am »
Trump's nastiness is why we still have Obamacare. 

McCain is why we still have Obamacare.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2023, 12:08:46 am »
McCain is why we still have Obamacare.

McCain and McConnell are two of the biggest reasons why the GOP is a mess.  McConnell hopefully will soon retire.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2023, 12:36:57 am »
That's right. And that McCain't was a vindictive a****** is beside the point.

Everyone knew McCain was a vindictive little a-hole.  Trump baited and mocked him anyway because he thought it was funny, and because Trump believes it doesn't matter if you alienate people.

Well, it does, and McCain proved that.  And Trump is now doing the exact same stuff again, which is why it is impossible for him to be an effective President the second time around.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2023, 12:38:09 am »
Everyone knew McCain was a vindictive little a-hole.  Trump baited and mocked him anyway because he thought it was funny, and because Trump believes it doesn't matter if you alienate people.

Well, it does, and McCain proved that.  And Trump is now doing the exact same stuff again, which is why it is impossible for him to be an effective President the second time around.

Amen!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2023, 03:30:31 am »

Just like the first time around...  :whistle:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2023, 09:37:49 am »
Trumps rally had a David Koresh vibe going on. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2023, 09:59:32 am »

I agree… as obnoxious as McCain was, Trump should have kept his mouth shut about about military service.  Between the two, only one served his country in uniform while the other leveraged every available deferment to avoid it.